Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, DEC. 6)

Greetings, shopping friends. The wind is blowing and the temperatures rapidy dropping. The unusually good weather is coming to an end.

The cardioversion is scheduled for December 13. The resting heart rate for the past 24 hours was 115, and my current heart rate is 122. The resting rate is gradually going up. The FitBit said the heart rate indicated I was exercising at peak level for someone my age. I have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Dec. 23 to discuss best way to prepare for surgery If I decide it is the best option as I am not a Spring chicken.

I ordered that oversized Sunbeam heating pad I saw promoted this morning on the Q.  The price was right and only small sizes can be found locally.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, DEC. 6)

Hi Everyone!

KomKat--I hope your doctor appointments/procedures go well for you. I will keep my fingers crossed for good results.

Our weather has been all over the scale these last few days. Lots of rain and then winter temps at night. The winds are blowing again today. Snow is predicted for Wednesday so I'm hoping for some relief .This weather snapping back & forth is not agreeable to my conditions or the dogs. Crossing our fingers and paws.

KomKat---I saw that Sunbeam pad this am. I liked the size and the flat style. I don't need a new one but that was a good deal. I was tempted to order one as a gift but decided I should wait. 

The sizing issues with the few clothing items that I've purchased during the holiday season has curbed me being tempted by the sale prices. I've had the "usual" surprise of not fitting in the past (about 25%) but it usually fits. Lately it's more like 75% of not fitting so I'm giving up on the guessing game. My budget will be happy.

I'm finished with the tree decorating and really scaled back (for me) this year. I may keep it on this level for the following years. I'm hoping that this will prompt me to donate even more items from the storage room. Fingers crossed.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Too bad about your weather -- ours is warm and sunny at the moment.  I find it chilly at night, but not nearly as cold as many places.

Hope your cardioversion helps stabilize your heart rate at a better level, and your orthopedic surgeon has some good suggestions about preparing for your surgery if you decide to have it.  Enjoy the heating pad.  I have a nice one, but it isn't that large.  I'm a big heating pad lover, and have been using it the past several nights due to back pain.  I saw the one you ordered got great reviews.

Sorry your weather is bothering you, Fressa.  Hope it changes for the better.  I have cut back on my decorations the past few years, and it takes some getting used to.  Given the supply shortages and my reluctance to go to the stores, I have been good about buying more to replace those that I donated.  

It is a shame things are not fitting you well much of the time.  That would cool my enthusiasm for ordering as well.  I am really, really trying to avoid buying more clothes and shoes regardless of how nice, good of a deal, etc.  Wish me luck.

HI Susan.  Hope your weather is okay.  Good luck getting ready for your open house on the 26th.

I had an OLLI Zoom class this morning -- history, and it was good as usual.  The Fall "semester" ends this week.  Then, I had an early lunch with Bev, which was nice.  But, I found out she is having health issues but does not want to call her doctor since she is afraid he will want her to go to the hospital.  I tried to persuade her to at least call him.  

As I mentioned I received my new Kindle Paperwhite, and now that I tried it out, decided to trade in the old one.  I boxed it up and took it to UPS -- long line, but not a slow one.  Supposedly, if it is in good condition, I will be getting a $25 credit.  Hope that happens since it was working well, despite being more than 7 years old.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  The wind is blowing here, and the temps are dropping.  We had rain for most of the day, it is not raining now, but it is still windy.  I don't mind the wind, just as long as it does not snow or get ice.  I did stop at the grocery store around 4:00 today, you would have thought we had a noreaster heading this way.  It was packed in there.  I hope your cardiversion goes well, I am keeping you in my thoughts.   We have a large heating pad and I do love it.

Fressa - Like you, I have about given up on ordering clothes.  I haven't had much luck either and I do get frustrated in having to send back most of what I order.  Sad part is, there is not much around here in stores to try on.  Guess I will save some money on clothing this winter.   I cleaned out a lot of our Christmas decorations last year, I have no regrets, it was nice to quickly put up my decorations.

Linda -  I am also hoping for good weather on the 26th.  Sorry your friend, Bev, is not feeling well, glad you tried to persude her to call her doctor.  Hopefully, she will do it.

Not much happening here, I did get the Christmas decorations up, but now I need to do some cleaning.  Since we are doing an open house, I really need to get busy cleaning.  Well off to watch some tv, hope everyone has a great evening.