Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, DEC. 30)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm watching AM Style and seeing the TSV being promoted. I will be passing on it as I have sufficient product on hand. 

I was up bright and early this morning, so I won't be missing my eye appointment today.

I passed on the TSV yesterday as I have a very heavy duty mini-cycle that I use which is still getting great reviews at Amazon. I quit using it around the time of the accident, so I really need to get back into using it. I used it yesterday and according to my FitBit, I got 27 minutes of cardio out of using it but I did use it longer than that, whih were minutes involved in warming up and then slowing down.

The temperature is currently 60 degrees with a possibiility of rain. I'm going to miss this when Winter eventually arrives. The other positive is that the days are gradually getting longer with the precious daylight time.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, DEC. 30)

Jean @KonaKat   I hope that your eye exam went well this morning.  I awoke early and was surprised by how windy it was outside.  I'm talking gusts near 50 MPH.  We're under a wind advisory until 4 pm and we are expecting snow (1/2 in to 2 inches) tomorrow.  Sounds like 2019 is going out with a bang in my next of the woods Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Well, today is unseasonably warm with a prediction of freezing tonight and snow tomorrow. I just want the back yard to freeze so the dogs don't step in mud. I am a microfiber "nut" with runners and towels for their paws. LOL

I just caught my breath from hiking up the hill (known as our driveway) to retrive a box that FedEx left in the street. Honestly, it's a good thing I saw the neighbor's girl on her bike up there checking it out. I don't know what was going on with it. I didn't realize it was so heavy until I picked it up but I got it and me into the house. The mail carrier drove by so I retrived our mail. He said that Fed Ex is known for this type of thing. Terrible.

Kohl's has the Harry Slatkin candles on sale (Scentworx) $19.99 or 2/$30. I have found a few that work with all of my allergies and no issues with the burn or the wicks. (3 wick cancles)

I was thrilled that one of my favorite DIY shows (Rehab Addict) was back on for a new season. I like this one because she works on older homes and saves what she can that is original to the house. This is what we've been attempting with our place. (except we do not have a crew..) It's taks so long when it's just the two of us and you still need meals and potty for the dogs. It will be nice when it's done. I'm hoping maybe by the end of 2020. Crossing my fingers and toes on that one.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean. Hope your eye appointment went well.   It was only 30 degrees when I got up today, but should make it up to the upper 50's, so warmer than yesterday.  Sorry you are dealing with that wind, Bernie.  I'm not a fan of cold wind -- really don't enjoy walking in it.

Like you, I will not be purchasing the TSV, Jean.  For the same reason.  In addition, I went to the dermatologist today (regular visit), and got a recommendation for a new sunscreen since I have been having some irritation and redness in my cheeks the last few months.  I decided to back off on the retinol and tried new sunscreen.   But, still having issues.  He recommended a new sunscreen which I purchased from Amazon.  He said I could go back to retinol when my cheeks clear up.  He also froze a red place lower on my left cheek.  He is a very nice guy.

I was wondering about your mini-cycle.  Glad you will be using it again.  

Sounds like you need to bundle up, Bernie.  You would probably laugh at my many layers of clothes in the house.  The house just isn't well insulated, and I don't like turning up the heat higher than necessary.

That is terrible about Fed Ex, Fressa.  I complained to UPS because they delivered two of my packages next door (my neighbor has not been there for months).  They made polite apologies and promises to do better, but....  Sounds like you have your hands full with the mud and house renovations.  I'm sure it will be worth it when the renovations are completed.  But, it sure would be nice to have a crew to help out -- dream on.

Strong bones class went well this morning, and I have no big plans for the rest of the day.  I decided to order an antenna from Amazon.  If it doesn't work out, I can always send it back.  DD they tried an antenna, but it did not work, but they are happy with Sling, a streaming service.  I may try that as well, but I'll wait to see how the antenna works.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S.  Today is my youngest DGS' birthday (22).  Really nice and smart guy -- that's not just a Grandma talking.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, good luck with your eye appointment today. I haven't seen the Q for quite a while which might be a good thing.  I need nothing & clutter drives me crazy.

Bird Mama, It's been unseasonably warm here. We got a dusting of snow overnight and 30 mph winds.  We might get another inch by tomorrow morning. I much prefer ❄❄❄ to rain   

fressa, it was unseasonably warm here yesterday with a record of 57° according to the weather man.  30's here today.  Your Fed Ex delivery was terrible.  It's a good thing that you could get the pkg into the house.  Good luck with your DIY jobs.  We aren't handy so it's much less stressful to hire the job out.  Hopefully you will have your jobs  completed by the end of 2020.I

Linda L, I think that we were warmer here yesterday than you were.  Our TV/phone/internet will go up in $ in March when our 2 year plan expires.  We might go another route then too.   Happy birthday to your youngest dgs.  

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hi Fressa @Fressa   One of the reasons I can't Spring is because of the thawing ground, rain and overall slop in the yard. 

I've only had one dog at a time and I trained my last one Max from the time he was a baby to use an old fashioned plastic dishpan for his feet.

I'd have a beach towel just inside the door and on the towel was a shallow pan of water.  I'd say, step in Max and he would put his two feet in the pan.  Then I would say, step out and his front feet would come out as his two back feet were going in.  I didn't have to do that all of the time but when he would run across mud I knew just wiping wasn't gonna do it.

Max was such a good dog Heart

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I wear lots of layers around the house too.  I just don't like being cold. 

Honored Contributor

Hi @twinny70   they said is was going to be 55 degrees yesterday.  They either got it wrong or it was 55 degrees overnight from Saturday to Sunday.  I wouldn't mind seeing a little snow.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Don Astlet outdoor rug by the patio door and these microfiber runners inside the door. They run from the door past the table (with the dog cookie L&L) to their water bowls. I do have them trained to stop at the inside of the door and pick a spot on the runners and wait for their paws to be wiped with those fluffy microfiber towels. Then they get their cookie. Somehow with all of that I will still get a dog print on a sofa cover or the carpet. I just think that the weight of the dog pushes the mud way up inside the paw and you think you got it all but it just moves it's way down the pad.

I like your system. I may try that after these two.

We were hoping to enlarge the fenced in patio area this year but we couldn't get on a schedule before Fall. The date they gave us was Nov 1st. Honestly!!! I think once that area is enlarged then our mud problem with be much less.

Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. 

Honored Contributor

It's hard @Fressa  even if the yard wasn't particularly sloppy, if Max saw a squirrel he was going to dig in to chase it.  The mud gets so deep between their toes and it gets in and under their nails.