Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, DEC. 27)

Greetings, shopping friends. It sounds as everyone had a great Christmas based upon what they personally preferred. Now, that it is over, the time begins to pay bills for it (depressing), make exchanges or returns. I was very satisfied with what I received.

I have developed an interesting hobby. I downloaded on of those color by number apps and have been having fun with it. I start the day with coffee and the pic of the day. I have found it very relaxing, far more than the coloring workbooks for adults. It is also challenging as some of those spaces are very tiny and not easily found.

I am not a person who makes resolutions just because it is New Year's. If the motivation is New Year's then any goal may not be realized because the motivation must come from within and at the right time.

Have a great day. If you shop wisely. If you don't love it right out of the box or packagge, that is a signal it might need to be returned.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, DEC. 27)

Good morning..we received some measurable snow overnight. My Dh and son made it safely through the bad roads and are on their way to Az

Jean, I have a friend who doe those computer drawings. On occasion, I will color, but usually choose to knit.

Rock chick..it is so good to see you posting. 

Bernie..we have 2 squirrels who love to torture Pepper by running back and forth along the fence. One will come up to the patio door . It is hilarious.

Glenda, glad you had a nice holiday. I avoid unvaccinated people in a social setting. We jut bought a bunch of N95 masks. 

Linda...my email did not go through..I will try later.

We are heading into below zero weather.🥶🥶

Enjoy your day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you have found a relaxing hobby for the mornings.  I agree with you about not keeping something that doesn't please me right out of the bag/box.  Fortunately, I like the things I ordered recently.  The TSV socks I ordered finally came, and I wore a pair yesterday.  They are not nearly as supportive as the ones I have for travel, etc., but they felt very nice.  

Hi Barbara.  I did receive your email -- no problem.  Glad your husband and son are safely on their way to Arizona.  I decided to put away my cloth masks, and just keep out the KN95 ones for the time being.  Things keep changing, and perhaps there will come a time when my multi-layer cloth masks with disposable filters will be okay.

It is a cloudy day with a high in the 50's expected.  Much warmer than in many parts of the country.

On the good news front, my SIL has a new job starting in January.  She will be a sort of receptionist/office manager at a large eye doctor practice 6 miles from home.  She said she is very happy to leave assisted living work, and working so much closer to home.

On the not good news front, Bev isn't doing well at all.  She had her operation yesterday morning as planned, but it didn't help stop the bleeding.  She has already had another transfusion.  In addition, she is in a lot of pain, and is not getting her pain medication as needed.  Hopefully, the doctor will visit her today, and come up with a solution to the bleeding and pain.

As I expected, DD has already taken down her decorations.  I haven't done that yet, but I am starting my financial record book and other items for 2022.  I did a little cooking this morning, and plan to do an exercise DVD and take a walk later.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Super Contributor

The wind has died down here but the wind brought lots of clouds. High to be in upper 40's. Rain scheduled to start after midnight. The weekend is to bring temps in the low teens. As I thought when winter does get here it will come in with a growl !

I did put away the decorations as I thought I would. Changed wreath on the front door to one of dried lavender and other assorted dried things. It may be a touch drab but that will match our drab weather !

Finished the laundry and ran the vac. The dogs are prowling about. The change in the weather always prompts the change in their behavior. I think I shall take them out for another run. I suspect that tomorrow will not be good for to much outdoor fun and games for them.

I am sorry that Bev is not doing well......will keep her in my thoughts. 

Hope that everyone sleeps well and has a good rest of your day.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It sounds like everyone had a Merry Christmas! We're celebrating over the NewYear's weekend because I'm still coping with the flu. I usually take the Christmas decorations down over the New Year's weekend but leave the Snowmen and winter scenery items up until Feb. I guess this year it will be a  little bit later. Some of the neighbors had their lights off the day after Christmas, some still on like us and others had a reduced light display. 

Sorry to hear about Bev and Declan and the others who are in my prayers and thoughts. 

KomKat--Our DIL used to color in the adult books. She used it as a relaxation tool and it worked for a while. Now, she has less time than ever but her new job seems to be helping.

I think I will have a large stack of returns this season. I will wait until next week before I tackle that mess. Fingers crossed that everything fits from the late gift exchange. 

I tired to order bagels on Saturday and it generated a response of "Order can not be processed due to delivery issue in your area". I'm thinking this might be tied in to the fire at Rocky Mount. I hope they can support those families as they sort everything out. 

More of the utility bills are showing increase as they trickle in for Jan. The garbage bill had another $ 5 increase. That one has been doing that for two months now. I noticed the gas and light bills were slowly creeping up the rates in November. 

Modern Soul is coming back as well as Sport Savvy. Those were the first two brands that I purchased from QVC. I've been watching some of the clearance shows but sticking to my zero budget. Once I'm on my feet I need to make another pass thru the closet and dresser drawers. No sense in keeping antyhing too tight or small. I'm just going to donate it and be donw with it. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!

Jean my Mom loves those coloring books. I wonder if she would enjoy the app. I was happy the clothing purchases I made all fit the recipients.

Linda I'm sorry to hear about Bev and praying for some resolution. I hate hospital stays and all that entails. You are so faithful with your execise! DD gave me 4 sessions eith a trainer so I need to get back to the gym. I do miss it.

Fressa I hope you start perking up soon. The flu is so miserable. I have a lot of snowmen out too. I got snowman plates from Kohls and they make me happy especially in summer.

Barbara, brrrrrrr. Those darn squirrels - ours know that word and tear out the doggie door if they hear it. Sometimes they see them through the window in the trees. We had a black lab named Pepper,

Chessie the wreath sounds lovely. It seems like winter always shocks the heck out of us at first.

We got our water leak fixed Linda/kittyfan! It wasnt as expensive as I thought it might be. I made that chicos order, the green one, but it didnt send me a confirmation and cc charge is still pending. I tried to call and sounds like they have super slow processing.
Respected Contributor

Kathleen: nice to have issue fixed and a reasonable cost.

Linda: prayers continue for Bev.

Freesa: feel better.