Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, DEC. 26)

The phone call was CVS Pharmacy for getting a refill.  They called me 4 times last week.

I survived Christmas lunch here on Saturday & everybody had fun. We played lots of games. Our nephew that moved to Paducah in September, is flying home today & is coming up to have lunch with my DH & me either tomorrow or Wednesday.  I told him he can pick where we go, so it could be interesting.

Our lunch yesterday with my DH's family was fun.  There is always something English to eat.  They are more lively.  I asked our 11 year old DGD to write my mil (her great grandmother) a poem when she was at our place on Saturday afternoon.  I only found out 3 weeks ago that she loves poetry & is a wonderful poet.  She asked for a piece of paper & filled the entire page.

My mil was so happy to read the poem entitled "Legacy."  It brought tears to our eyes.  She is a avid reader, but it was still very touching.  

I am taking it easy for a few days.  The phone is ringing again.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

IMG_2794.JPG

Honored Contributor

IMG_2793.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--When I first did that "bridge" exercise, it was very painful and I could barely lift hips up. I have a lot of arthritis in the lower back so it was not flexible from being babied. I had also fractured it several years ago. It is easy enough to march in place standing up but to "march" while flat on back with hips raised in the hair is a challenge for me.

Twinny--Glad you had a great Christmas lunch, and happy that your nephew will be lunching with you later this week. I also have meds to pick up at the drugstore accosrding to a phone call.

Butterfly--Thanks for the great poem and graphic. I feel like the kitty right now. Back to eating right in a few days.

I've been reading and have started binge watching "11.22.63" on Hulu. The movie is based upon the Stephen King novel regarding an attempt to time travel to stop the Kennedy assassination. I recommend it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello all, Christmas Eve with the nieces was different.  Christmas Day with Mary was more traditional and familiar.  Today Mary and I hit Meijer's, Kmart and Hobby Lobby to check out sales.  I really didn't need or want anything, I came home with a new tree from Kmart, rofl.

They say it's 6 feet tall and I think someone overestimated the height.  I'm 5'10 and taller than the new tree - not much but a little taller.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Enjoy the new tree! No shoes? Smiley Happy

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.