Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, DEC. 26)

Good morning, shopping friends. The shopping for gifts frenzy is over but today marks the return of gifts frenzy. Hopefully, there are few returns to be made.

I spent yesterday with my niece, her children and grandchildren. Today is a quiet day at home where I have started decluttering again. It seems that effort never really ends. I am really trying to practice the "Do I love it?" as oppsed to how much I spent with thoughts of using it some day. Has it been used in a year?

It seems odd not to be planning physical therapy trips for this week, but that is a positive thing. Now to continue the home version of the exercises. Tomorrow, I will be going with a friend to the city. Later this week, I hope to be able to take a carload of donations to the city.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, DEC. 26)

Good Morning, Jean and all our other ladies.  It sounds like you had a nice Christmas.  Mine was quiet, which was welcomed after hosting a houseful on Christmas Eve.  My youngest spend the day in bed with a temperature and cough...hoping he is a bit better today.

I plan to do a little decluttering, too.  I got a few new clothing items for Christmas and, I'm not sure I can fit them in my closet, so a few items need to go.  I also need to clean out my refrigerators and do some laundry.  It's a little optimistic, but we'll see how far I get.

Hoping you all had a nice holiday...will check back later.  Enjoy the day!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sounds like you had a nice Christmas celebration.  Hope your de-cluttering project goes well.  Good luck with the home versions of the PT exercises, and have fun tomorrow.

Glad you were able to relax a bit after a very busy Christmas Eve, Karen.  Hope your youngest feels better soon.

I connected via computer with DD and family, and they all looked good.  Everyone seemed happy.  I know oldest DGS will be back working at Macy's today.  

Church was good yesterday -- lots of carols and good spirits, and the lunch was a lot of fun.  One of my neighbors invited me to sit at their table right up front, so I had a chance to be with people I know.  Also, the food was good -- ham provided by the pastor and his wife, and the rest brought by the congregation.  As usual, a lot of good food.  We had so much that they invited the local sheriff's who were on-duty, and about six of them arrived toward the end of our time.  They had a drawing for the ham bones (there were six), and I won one.  So, split pea soup is my next cooking assignment.

DH was not doing well when I arrived, and I really don't know why.  He was a bit unstable (walking), and kept telling me that people were not nice, he didn't like what they said to him, etc.  I asked what people, and he didn't know.  They told me that he is often upset until I visit him, but is usually fine after I leave.  I stayed for longer than usual, fed him dinner, and tried to get him settled down in the "great room" before i left.  Fortunately, I will be able to visit him this morning, and I'm hoping he will be better.

Need to go for my walk now.  Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Karen--It is great that you were able to relax on Christmas following a busy but enjoyable day with others. I am so sorry that the bug has hit the household. I also have a bunch of laundry to do .

Linda--I am so sorry that DH seemed to  have problems when you visited. Hopefully, he will be doing better today. I'm glad that you were able to Skype with DD and family and that you had an enjoyable church service and luncheon.

I have some items identified as candidates for a future "home," and have collected them together. I took a break and did my home PT exercises. The one I hate the worst has got to be the "Bridge." My lower back is not that flexible so doing it and holding it the required time, and then repeating it while doing "marches' while the lower back is arched is a challenge for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTq8c2AhQw8

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

December 26,

Image result for day after christmas images

Honored Contributor

Image result for day after christmas images

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello Ladies....sounds like everyone had a nice weekend....I think everyone can relate to that 1st graphic Meallen.  I still have my kids here and one of my sisters...and my fridge will empty out as the kids go home with doggie bags.

Hope your DH will be doing better today Linda...that was thoughtful that your Church offered dinner to the sherrif and others yesterday also that you sat with friends that you knew.   I imagine Macy's will,be wild today.....hope your DGSnot bombarded with people looking for sales or returning things.

Jean I will have to check out that video on you tube and  the other exercises you have been doing have been so helpful to you.

Karen hope your son is feeling better and what he has doesn't make the rounds with the rest of your family.

Nothing else going on here sort of a lazy day....the clouds have moved in and maybe rain later...I had just read that maybe we are in for a nor'easter towards end of week.    Have a nice day.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Great graphics. I imagine there are many others, in additiion to Santa, who are tired today.

Marijane--I saw that forecast for  you. The weather is so odd; we might have a record high today. Enjoy your day; this afternoon might b a lazy one for me also.

Leftovers for lunch here followed by some reading. Yes, I see a lazy afternoon with no Q viewing today.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean -- I have a group of "floor exercises" that I found on Sparkpeople years ago.  Anyway, I do something similar to the "bridge" except when I come down to the floor, I just touch my waist and then go back up.  I heard that this is a good exercise if you have a backache, and I usually try it out if I have one.  Hope that it helps you.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am glad that you had a nice lunch yesterday with your niece, her children & grandchildren.  It is good that you can do PT at home.  Have fun at your lunch out tomorrow too.

Linda L, It was great that you could connect with your DD & family yesterday.  Your potluck sounded yummy & it was so nice to invite the sheriff's.  I am sorry that your DH is having a few problems.  How fun to win that ham bone too.

Karen, it is fun to get new clothes, but then I start decluttering too.  Hoping that your youngest one is feeling better & not contagious. 

Maryjane, having family is fun, & a good way to get rid of leftovers.  Our ds & dil had a bit of snow, but good weather so far.

The phone is ringing, but I will be back.  DH is putting some more water in the hot tub as we go in each day & it is getting low.