Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, DEC. 17)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I think (not sure) that Jean is working today.  If true, I hope it goes well. 

I'm back from my Strong Bones class that was a bit disorganized, but fun.  We decided to have class on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve -- in the morning, of course.  The new grief group I attended yesterday was pretty good, so I may well go regularly (twice a month). 

I am thoroughly confused about the Kipling bag that I ordered.  First, they said it was lost, and no replacements were available.   Then they said it had made it to Arizona, but I could send it back if I liked.  Yesterday, I received an e-mail saying my order had made it to the Post Office, but it had been canceled, and I had been issued a refund.  As far as I know, the package is at a Post Office in Arizona.  If I receive the bag, and it is the right color, etc., I will not be sending it back.  I will tell them to charge my account again.  Yikes!

I am on the waitlist for a trip to see the Christmas lights this afternoon/evening, but no calls yet.  So, I guess I will not be attending.  Oh well.......  I guess it is still possible that someone will cancel at the last minute.  Otherwise, I have no big plans for the day.  There is always plenty of cleaning to do.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, DEC. 17)

Hi Linda, thanks for starting our thread today.  Glad to hear that you are getting more from the new grief group you're attending.  I hope that it continues to be helpful.  Sounds as if no one really knows where your Kipling bag is.  I hope you receive it despite the emails.

I got an email from the Q saying that a silver pendant I ordered a month ago is suddenly on backorder.  It was "in progress" for 3 weeks, and now it's out of stock?  Hmm...

I continue to struggle with sinus headaches, and felt like I got little done yesterday.  I have misc. stuff planned for today including: turning compost, taking books down to my shed and organizing them a bit, giving the dog a bath, and wrapping a few gifts.  I need to do some cleaning around the house too.  Hope I get things accomplished.

FASHION - I don't remember if I mentioned this or not, but we attended my DH's company party Friday night.  I tend to worry about what to wear to those functions.  Then I remembered the Susan Graver velvet skirts I have.  I got them out of a tub and they weren't even wrinkled.  I wore a wine colored skirt, and a matching wine colored Graver top and burnout velvet vest.  I thought it looked just right (on the dressy side), but was comfortable too.  The skirt is long enough that I wore tall riding boots with it, so no nylons or heels to deal with.  There is an advantage to having full closets sometimes!  Now that I have the velvet skirts hanging up, I'll wear them more often the next couple of months to church.

Okay - time to go turn compost.  Hope you all have a great day!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You certainly are having mixed signals regarding that Kipling bag. I had a similar thing to happen to me a couple of years ago. Customer service refunded me but then the bag arrived. I called and notified  them with the appropriate charge being mafe.  I also had another instance in which they shipped me the replacement but then the original showed up a couple of days after receiving the "replacement." I think it was riding unseen in the back of the truck or was mis-delivered, etc. I called and sent it back at no charge.

Charlene--You made some good choices with the Susan Graver outfit for DH's company party I'm sure you looked very sharp and fashionable. I do hope you accomplished some of your goals today. Sinus headaches can really slow you down. Sorry the pendant is on backorder. It may be in some warehouse not typically used for your location so it has to be "transferred" or whatever.

I did work today and then went to the drugstore to get my heart medicine. I realized yesterday evening that I was out so I called but the pharmacy had already closed. I didn't anticipate any problems as a result as it was the blood thinner and I have had to go as long as 5 days without taking it before having a procedure. 

I do work tomorrow so this evening I will be preparing the token office gifts. There is a financial limit placed on gifts given to the office staff. I am giving each one of those Sistema soup mugs with a can of Progresso soup. Those mugs are great and I've used the medium sized for several years as they are handy for microwaving several items other than soup, or nuking leftovers.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Wow @LindaLatte  that is some hot mess with the Kipling bag.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oooh Charlene @cerb  your outfit sounds lovely.  

Honored Contributor

I think it's thoughtful of you to buy gifts for the office staff @KonaKat