Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUGUST 23)

Hi Everyone!

It's hot and sunny today. Temps is almost 90. UGH!! So far no rain in the forecast but my knee is saying something different. Itt's either that or I strained that muscle/tendon weeding. Who knows.  I figure my knee has a better average than the forecast so I'm going with the knee.LOL

I only caught a bit of Monday Fashion but was surprised to see Mary Beth. I enjoy her presentations. She explains all the details and fit. 

Today is laundry day although I may split it between today and tomorrow to keep the dryer heat at a minimum. I should be washing slip covers but that will most likely wait until tomorrow or next week. I do have the smaller PopIts to install in the side cabinets but I think I will wait until later in the week. I'm still fine tuning that "pacing myself" skill. LOL The family has a bet that will never happen but it would be nice to surprise them.

Believe it or not---I did not watch much of the Christmas programming. I thought that itt was on for multiple days but it was not. I noticed that a few of the repeats late evening had other programming instead of the holiday. I splurged on the S.Herman loungeware so I have zero left in the budget. That will work well to stay on course.

Hopefully, I'll be able to tackle some additional decluttering in the cedar closet. I think that will be easier than sorting thru the sandals.

I missed seeing the blue moon on Saturday night. Did anyone get a peak at it?

Enyjoy your afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUGUST 23)

[ Edited ]

Looks like three of us started the thread today.  

I am deleting my post and adding it below.

Good Morning/Afternoon and Happy Birthday, Bernie.  Hope you are having a nice day and things go well with Frances surgery later this week.  Also hope your ankle is better, Susan.

Hope no one had problems with storms yesterday.  It is just sunny and hot here, as is normal this time of the year.

I continue to go through my clothing to find things that I can donate.  This certainly isn't easy for me especially since I have been the same size for many years, plus I have "extra" closet space in the guest room/office.  Still a long way to go, but I am pleased at my progress.

Nothing at all exciting planned for the day.  I did manage to do some much needed weeding after my walk.

No TSV for me, and I'm hoping to avoid clothing or shoe purchases at this time.  Enough is enough.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

----------

Next, I will add Susan's post.

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is welll.

It looks like it is going to rain out, but it of course will wait until after I water the flowers.

Happy Birthday, Bernie!!!  Thank you Lilnda for letting us know.

Not much is happening here, DH and I are wearing masks everywhere again and not planning to have out Labor Day picinic.  Too many people still not vaccinated and we have lived like hermits for too long to get sick.

Jean - When do you get your knee done?  I hope I haven't missed that you had it done.

I really need to get back into the swing of things, this sitting around has turned my brain into mush.  Off to do something constructive - Clean bathrooms.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon.  What is everyone up to today?

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your weather, Fressa.  I didn't see the moon either.  Oh well.  The moon was still up when I went on my walk this morning which I thought was pretty neat.  Good luck with your decluttering and good work with your shopping restraint.

I am with you about the mask wearing, etc., Susan.  While wearing a mask while exercising at the gym isn't easy, I am getting better with it.  Still may decide going to the gym is unsafe.  Meanwhile, my Road Scholar trip to Utah is still on for next month.  Hope that turns out to be okay.  I think I could cancel/postpone since I have insurance, but I really hope that isn't needed.

I'm doing a little bathroom cleaning myself. Useful, but not the most fun way to spend my time.   

Jean hasn't had her knee surgery yet -- I think it is scheduled for October.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Fressa The moon was like a floodlight in my window on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.  I not only saw the moon rise on Saturday night I was up early Sunday morning and saw it set - it was the prettiest pink color and it looked like it was being held up by some pine trees Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Susan @PAlady  and Linda @LindaLatte   We've had a low vaccination rate in my county all along so I never got to the point of going into the public without a mask.  My sister has today and tomorrow off of work.  We did a little shopping yesterday at some Targets and Walmarts.  I saw so many maskless people it made me uncomfortable, lol.  

My sister came over with dinner (sloppy joe, baked beans and macaroni salad).  She brought me enough for left overs.  I was surprised by a floral delivery this morning; my eldest niece and her family sent me the loveliest bouquet in the prettiest vase.  Short of condolence flowers for my husband, parents and sister, I haven't received a 'happy' arrangement in years Woman Wink

My sister spoiled me with gifts as usual Heart  We hung out for a few hours and then she went home.

Boy did I get some heavy rain last night.  It was a slow moving front and we got so much rain I checked the basement to see if anything came up from the storm (not sewer) drain - nothing thank goodness.  We're going to have swampy weather all week.  It could be worse.

Honored Contributor

I hope that your trip to Utah goes through without a hitch @LindaLatte 

Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday Bernie, happy to hear you had a nice day celebrating with your sister!  I will keep you and Frances in my thoughts and prayers this Wednesday!  St Frances will be looking down on you!     Marijane 

Honored Contributor

Thank you Marijane @Genny1 

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Oh I wish I would have seen it. I got a few times but did see a thing. Darn....Glad you saw it. Sounds fantastic!