Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUGUST 22)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It is sunny and warm/hot here (91 degrees).  It was pleasant on my morning walk (not too hot).

As I mentioned yesterday, Keurig was supposed to have UPS send me a label to return my defective machine, but I didn't receive the label yesterday or earlier today.  Finally, I called them again, and UPS sent me the label.  So, now I will go to the UPS store to mail it off. 

After talking to my DD, reading several reviews and seeing your message, Fressa, I have braced myself for the replacement machine to break quickly.  I have identified a couple of other brands to try, and I will probably order/purchase another machine sooner or later.  I have a regular "Mr. Coffee" machine that I could use in the meantime.  But, I have lots of "K-cups".

I also was involved in a lot of back and forth texting, emails, etc., with one of my brokerage accounts.  I wanted to close that one out and transfer the assets to another account that I have with the same brokerage.  But, I could not figure out how to do so on-line.  This morning, I finally got a phone number to call, and the representative walked me through things.  I had to sell what I had and wait until Wednesday until it is settled before transferring to the other account.  Whew!

Although I certainly can't call it a "need", I ordered the TSV blazer.  I had ordered the previous version (2020) in navy, and really like it.  I tried it on last night and realized it is a bit large on me.  I have lost some weight, so I decided to go down a size.  According to the measurements, it should be fine, but I am prepared to exchange it or just get my money back (minus shipping and handling) if it does not.  This time, I ordered the black.  I liked the paisley, but I figured a black one would get more use.  I think blazers are nice for church and travel.

Hope any of you who ordered/purchased the TSV or anything else here or elsewhere like what you ordered.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening, and please post if you have a chance. 

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUGUST 22)

Hello all, yesterday I got caught up in a 6 hour miniseries and forgot to post.  It was a miniseries called the Tin Man (I think made in 2007) which is a reimagining of the Wizard of Oz.  It was different and I enjoyed it.

As I was reading about the Keurigs I got to thinking about products that start out high quality and then go to pot once they become popular.  You can almost feel it in the quality, they get light weight and flimsy.

@Fressa WD 40 ain't gonna help the door or that one hinge.  I've tried umpteen products to rid myself of the rust.  I'm gonna have to strip the section of the door of it's paint and see if rustoleum has something that will retard future rush once I sand it off.  I appreciate the suggestion though as I try really hard to do things smarter not harder.

@LindaLatte   Good for you on figuring out how take care of your brokerage account.  I'd be lost with that kind of thing.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The blazer is really nice @LindaLatte   That's the type of garment that's a classic.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I am trying to get caught up with all of your posts.

We went to get our Subaru on Friday afternoon.  Then we met Christopher and his Dad for a fish fry.  When we were almost home, my dh realized that the garage door remote was in the Cross Trek.  Back up to Madison on Saturday morning.

Yesterday was catch up in the house.  I have been lazy for a few days.

Since we are still inthe beautiful 70's, tomorrow morning after my PT session, we are going to Two Rivers for a couple of days.  On Wednesday, we will be going to several nice beaches up in Door County.  Getting back home on Thursday unless we are having too much fun in the sand.  Then we will get back home on Friday.

Next Monday,  I go to the Research Park Clinic for x-ray's & a second opinion.  On Tuesday,  I am scheduled for my last PT session.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Have fun, Glenda!

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---Sounds like a relaxing and fun tfew days you have planned. Enjoy!!