Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUG. 5)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is hot here, and they have issued an excessive heat warning for our area. The high should be 100+, and the humidity makes it worse.  For some reason, I am really feeling the heat today.  Fortunately, I took my walk early so it wasn't too bad.  I'm back from my "strong bones" class that went well.  I am considering going up to COSTCO today, but not sure if I can handle the drive in the heat.

I received a notice from my insurance that my medication (Prolia) had been sent to the doctor;s office, but the doctor's office said that the medication is not scheduled to be delivered until Friday, and they don't want to set an appointment until it is there -- that makes sense.

Hope everyone is having an okay day.  Please post if you have time,  Hope twinny is enjoying her mini vacation.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUG. 5)

Hi Linda - thanks for getting us started today.  I just got back from our weekend stay in the mountains with my extended family to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday.  Everything was nice until late last night when my mother fell and hit her head.  We called the paramedics, and after getting a CT scan at the small local hospital, she was airlifted to a bigger hospital.  She has a "small" brain bleed.  I'm hoping to see her later today - the hospital is less than an hour away.  For those of your who pray - please remember her!

Thanks!  ~ Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, our mini vacation starts at 8:00 tomorrow morning and we plan to get back on Friday afternoon.   I walked at 6:15 this morning and it was already 73°.  I told my DH not to walk this morning because we are under a heat advisory today and tomorrow.  He can't tolerate the heat anymore either.

We went to the post office at 9:30 this morning to get our passport pictures taken.  It's a good thing that we went early because they only had one window open.  Then she got us right back in line to process everything. It was $258 for 2 passports, pictures & priority mail.  Not bad for 10 years and a one stop shop.

It's going to be a lazy afternoon.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  yea that's pretty hot weather you are having.  

Charlene @cerb   I will most certainly pray for your beloved mother.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70   I think it's supposed to cool off in my neck of the woods as the week progresses.  Right now it's kind of warm and it feels humid to me.  I think I'm trying to come down with something so that could be adding to my personal warmth.  I keep taking my temp to make sure I don't have a fever, lol.

Have fun and safe travels.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

CERB, prayers are coming your way for you and your way.  What a way to end the party.  It's been 17 years this week that I started getting some "wonky"  numbness in my hands and feet and after 3 weeks of going to a chiropractor our ds told me to find a neurologist ASAP.  We are so happy that we can " hit the road "  & enjoy life to the fullest.  Prayers were certainly heard & answered in so many different ways.

Bird Mama, after a nice 70's week, it started getting hot here on Saturday.  It's supposed to be in the 70's again by Thursday. We are hoping that it's a bit cooler on Lake Michigan.  The water might be cold.  

We are hoping to get some rain today and tomorrow.  It's been dry for over two weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry, Charlene.  I'll be praying for your Mom.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - just got back from a short visit with my Mom.  Operative word being short.  We chatted with her for about 2 minutes when we were told to leave while they worked with her and then took her off for an MRI that would take about an hour.  My DH was on-duty at work and we couldn't stay.  At least, as we were leaving, one of my nieces was arriving, so hopefully they will have a nice visit.  I'm tired, I have a headache, and my Dystonia has flared up.  I need to rest.  At least my Mom was speaking okay and knew who we were.  Grateful for that.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the update, Charlene.  Please take care of yourself.