Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUG. 31)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. I had an opportunity to work today but the heart monitor decided to transmit its info and terminated the call before I could get to it. By the time it had finished, and I could call back the position had been booked.

Right now, I'm expending money to have the house powerwashed. Better someone else do it than me. I know I could invest in a power washer and do it myself but this individual uses a very powerful gas powered power washer and does an excellent job. I don't really feel like indulging in big tasks like that right now.

I caught a quick glimpse of the TSV before I turned to Netflix. I'm just not in a buying mood right now when having house expenditures, etc. It is a wake up call to go through items for donation and realize how little some of them were used after the initial thrill period of receiving or buying them. Right now, I'm wearing an outfit that is two years old and still looks great. It serves the purpose for at home wear or casual wear.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUG. 31)

Good morning ladies.

Thanks for starting us this morning KK. I think having your home power washed by someone other than you at this time is a good idea. No need to over exert yourself so soon after having those procedures done. It takes time to recoup all your strength and energy, sometimes even when you think you have done so. Sorry the heart monitor transferred the info at the same time you needed/wanted to use the phone for a work opportunity. I saw a presentation (really wasn't paying much attention) of the TSV, not anything I was interested in, so won't be purchasing.

I am still trying to decide what I am going to do with today. Having a lazy start, I do know I have a quick errand to run soon, other than that, who knows, lol. Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Good morning to all. It is going to be a warm and humid day. Sydnie and her mommy went to the state fair for the day. they asked me to go ( do is beyond doing that) but I am overdue for my infusion and cannot move well today. Ra is an insidious disease because I can never guarantee what my day will be like. 

After syd goes back to school, I need to start planning what will go to Az. We leave in early October..do will drive to Oregon and I will fly. We will do a 2 week driving tour to the Oregon coast, Lake Tahoe and Vegas on our way.,

jean an good idea to have someone else do that work. We are at the point where we hire big jobs out. You are getting a lot of sub jobs for this early in the school year. My teachers were pretty good about not missing the first weeks of school.

snicks..you have a lot of ambition..did you see your rheumatologist yet????

i hope everyone has a great day. (((((Hugs))))

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Snicks--I was told that it might take 3 months for me to really get back to full operational mode and it wouldn't be until then that it would be known if the ablation was successful. I actually needed 3 but they could not do all because of the time involved. They are hoping the new meds will take care of the other, but they tend to make me feel tired. and sleepy. A lazy start to the day is very acceptable, and I'm sure that you will make great use of the time available.

Barbara--RA is a nasty unpredictable disease. I do hope the infusion goes well. You do want to be in tip top shape as muchh as possible for that lovely tour and the move to your winter Arizona home. I do hope Sydnie enjoys the fair and I'm sure she is looking forward to school.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

JEAN, It is amazing how quickly the subbing job was filled. We don't have a power washer either, but don't have too much that needs to be cleaned that can't be done with a regular hose. It sounds like your heart monitoring machine is going well so that is a good thing. SNICKS, Sometimes a "nothing planned" day is fun. Today is an exciting day for us. Our DD & DSIL were married 19 years ago today. It was a beautiful day filled with love & they are still very happy. They have given us 3 beautiful DGC. 13 years ago today, My DH took early retirement. I wanted to take him for a special lunch, but he doesn't get as excited about it as I do. He did 32 years at Frito Lay where the summers were very hot. The first 3 years were rough with my illness, so his retirement is a BIG deal to me. I got up early & hung towels & sheets on the lines. Then I took my moped downtown & got my walk in early as it will be a very hot week around here. It will be a fruit & veggie menu this week as I won't want to use the oven too much. Hugs to all of you.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you missed the work opportunity.  I think it is a very good idea to hire someone to do tasks like power washing the house.  I'm still considering getting someone else to trim a very large bush.  I know that I can do it, but I'll end up scratched (based on past experience), and very tired.

Hi Snicks and Barbara -- hope both of you have a nice day, and your infusion really helps, Barbara.

I am off to my "strong bones workout", and later in the day to my mammogram and bone density tests.  I hope to go to Trader Joe's while I'm up there (it is about a 45 minute drive).  I can only purchase non-perishables, which is not ideal.  But, I really would like to pick up some staples.

Hope everyone has a nice day, and I'll post again later if I have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--You have a right to be proud of your DD, DSIL and your grandchildren. I think a fruit and veggie menu is a great selection with the high temps predicted this week.

Linda--Sometimes, it is rewarding to do your own work but sometimes it just pays physically to pay someone else to do it. I have some shrubbery that needs trimmed which I can do but I also have a tree that I need to get someone to take out. I do hope your bone density and mammogram tests go well. I've never been in a Trader Joe's so if I ever have the opportunity, I will need to check one out.

I'll be subbing every day for the rest of this week, so I guess I'd better make the most of the remainder of the day....and that means cuddling with Midnight while I finish a book on my Kindle and then odds and ends.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I so hope that the ablation procedure is a total success so that you can get off of the drugs that are tiring you out. SYDSGMA, How nice that Sydnie can go to the state fair wth her mom. I wouldn't be able to do it either. I am sorry that you are needing your infusions so often & still have a rough time. It sounds like you will have a fantastic trip back to AZ. What a fun driving tour that will be. DH & I have never been to the WA/OR area & would love to take a 3 week trip sometime to see the beauty of it all. It is getting hot & humid here too & will be that way until at least Sunday & probably even longer than that. LL, Sending you good wishes for your Dr. Appts. today. Have fun at your Strong Bones class & I hope you can find some goodies at TJ. I am having a lazy today. The only good thing about the hot weather is I take it as easy as possible around here. Last week was a fun trip but I was very tired when we returned home. The going away party yesterday was very nicely done. The couple will be moving from our hometown to SC. Quite a move for sure. The pool party/90th birthday party for my MIL was fun even though the weather was on the cool & cloudy side. She looks great for her age & is very happy with her friend. He is quite active & that is good for her to get out & about so much again. He was her pastor for many years but just retired from that job. Time to make a nice cool lunch.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - Twinny - glad that the party for your MIL went well, it sounds like it was a fun day.  Jean - I'm impressed by how hard-working you are, subbing day after day is hard work!

My DH has an odd work schedule, so he worked over the weekend and has today and tomorrow off.  Hence, we cleaned out the goat pens today instead of the usual Saturday mornings.  We're putting the young Cleo in the paddock with her mother and a couple of the older goats now, and she doesn't like it.  She can yell quite loudly.  She's big enough to run away when the older goats want to beat her up.  It seems sad, but there comes a point when she needs to learn how to deal with being part of the herd.

In a little while my DS and I are going to go run errands.  He wants some Levis for college, and I want to look for some new walking shoes.  Also need to pick up some groceries.  Hope you all have a good Monday  ~  Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....a hot and very humid day here too....supposed to be like this all week.

Sorry you mussed your sub call Jean but this will give you extra times to rest up for the rest of the week.  I did see the s/v but for not care for them,anyhow I am waiting for the boots I ordered the other day thst Brrnie put a picture of on here....had an email that Macy's  had shipped them yesterday.

Hope your medical apts go well LindaL and you get a chance to stop at TJ's.....I still haven't gone to the ones here...I have one in town about 10 minutes away and another in the next town about the same distsnce.  Everytime Arlene talks about them I say to myself I am going to go but somehow I  never get there.

Twinny congrats to your son and dil on their anniversary and your Dh's retirement.  I'm having chicken Parma leftovers I made the other day for supper tonight, I'll just cook some more sphaghetti to go with it....easy enough.

not much else here. I,m hanging out at the pool today...days are being numbered for doing that so I take them as I get them.

have a nice day everyone.......Marijane