Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUG. 21)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is a beautiful sunny day. I will be heading to work in a half hour.

I debated the TSV and wanted just one but couldn't decide on the color. I like good old basic black but I also like color. I ended up getting it in black and in the bordeaux or wine color. I went by the "click here" sizing for the item so hopefully they will work. Believe it or not, I do not have anything like this for colder temps.

I'm watching the Belle show but I do think I have done enough damage for the day. One of my buying tools is to ask the question, "Do I like that enough to work a half day or full day's pay or more for it?"

Wishing each and everyone a good day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUG. 21)

Good morning friends.  Jean thanks for getting us started.  Good thinking re the shopping.  I've been good since gold day.  I'm going to go grocery shopping in a little bit.  And in about 2 hours I'll sit on my porch and watch it get darker, though we're too far away to see a total eclipse.  My DD's boss/co-worker has a private plane and has flown his whole family up to Idaho to stay on his parent's farm for the eclipse.  That would be nice, lol.  Not much planned other than that.

If you're able to watch the eclipse, have fun, and protect your eyes!  ~  Charlene 

Honored Contributor

Beautiful weather and low humidity, I could take weeks of this, but, some heat is coming back tomorrow. 

Took a walk this morning, and, now a few inside chores!

Image result for happy monday friends pics

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad your weather is nice, and  I hope work goes well for you.  Also hope you like the TSV.  I debated it, but decided not to order.  Hope that I will not regret it, but I had just ordered the upcoming TSV from Barefoot Dreams, and I didn't want to go too crazy with clothes shopping.

Good luck with the grocery shopping, and enjoy watching the eclipse, Charlene.  I did not think ahead, so I do not have any glasses. So, my effort will be to avoid looking at the partial eclipse.  I will watch the TV programs of the eclipse.

Just a little story which might interest both of you ladies, and perhaps others who read/post.  One of my buddies 14-year old cat was injured by an owl before she and her husband went to their cabin in Wyoming.  Unfortunately, her cat became ill again, and passed away yesterday.  I know he was a much loved cat and had a good life.  But, the interesting part is that when my friend took the cat to the vet in Wyoming, she recognized the vet's name.  Long story short, my friend had been her 4th grade teacher.  It was a nice reunion between teacher and student, and I'm sure both were quite sad that "Frankie" did not make it.

I have strong bones class this morning, and then I'll be going to visit DH.  He was doing pretty well yesterday -- a bit sleepy, but.  We were able to talk to his DD, and we may be able to do so again today.  While she is going to work, she thought she might be able to talk a little bit.  Her two girls are going back to school today -- each has a new smart phone.  Apparently, both girls are pretty thrilled with them -- one starting middle school and the other starting high school.  Sometimes I feel like I am someone from the dark ages -- I was not an early adopter of cell phones, etc.  Life certainly moves fast these days.

Lovely graphic, meallen.

Waves to all of our posters and readers and have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

I think we hit the zenith of the partial eclipse in my part of MI about 20 minutes ago.  I was at my desk fighting Excel 2016.  They were going to push the upgrade on 8-31, so I figured, go out there, grab it, install it and get it over with.

Now I have some funky, a**backward sorted spreadsheets.  It doesn't recognize the entire number when sorting low to high.  I have 939 coming after 8810, I think it's sorting by first digit only.

Days like these make me glad I'm in the winter of my career versus the spring of my career.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Linda - sorry that your friend's cat didn't survive the owl attack.  I think that one of our previous cats "Sandy" might have almost been attacked by an owl - he was petrified every time he heard something like an owl and would run and hide underneath something.  He was like that his whole life, and yes, we live in owl country.  Nice story about the friend behind reunited with a former student.  When you're a teacher, you never know where your former students will end up.  Teaching is a rich career!

Bernie - how frustrating to have the tech problems.  I have no patience when it comes to computer glitches.  The sky grew slightly dim here during the eclipse, but not too impressively.  I did, however, enjoy that it must have dropped 10 degrees!