Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUG. 12)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day with temps expected in the mid-90s. I'll be off to the orthopedic in a few minutes, but I will try to make the best of this day as I work the next two days. Yes, work has started already.

Right now, I'm watching HGTV but early this morning I turned on the Q to see Leah wearing the TSV. That is all I'm going to say.  I did decide to order the Lug trolley cosmetic case not for travel so much as to organize things in the bathroom. HGTV has been an influence in reorganizing things.. I had ordered a couple of faux colorful succulents from Amazon. I was amazed at how great they looked, and have them in the living room.....one is colorful and one is more green. I like both but color rules with me so I am getting another colored one for the bathroom.

succulent.PNG

I used to have a green thumb but that is a thing of the past. These look real and I don't have to take care of them. Now, if I could just have a huge closet space like they show on HGTV! The solution is not to buy so much.

I just found this in an email from "Becoming Minamalist:"

Your challenge is to say no to one thing this week. Saying no doesn’t necessarily mean saying no forever, it can mean taking a rain check on less important commitments in favor of valuable family time or needed rest. The truth of the matter is that when we examine personal values and give them the time they deserve, life becomes richer.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, AUG. 12)

Hi Jean, thanks for getting us started today.  I have a garden-full of real succulents, and I like that one that you've chosen to have inside.  Hope you enjoy it.  I would like the TSV, as I really love plaids, except for the extreme hi-low hemline.  I can tolerate a very slight hi-low hem, but when it's exaggerated, it kind-of looks like a flap to me.  

Thank you for the kind words about my mother.  She is progressing well, I would say, but at 90, she's still weak and frail.  She will have therapy for a while.  For now, we're in a wait-and-see pattern.  My sisters and I (there are 3 of us) had agreed that we would rotate staying with my Mom.  Then 1 sister decided that she's going to stay with my Mom for the whole week.  The other sister also decided to stay there for most of the week. So they're overlapping.  Things were said that hurt my feelings, but I'm keeping my mouth shut.  I figure that people are tired and emotions are running high, so I'm trying not to let things bother me too much.  But it was annoying that they brushed aside what we had discussed and agreed on, and basically pushed me out of the picture.  Of course, I would be more annoyed if they dumped everything on me to handle.  Oh well.  My DH (the very handy man), fixed a broken toilet that my Mom had, and then re-did her bathroom shower for handicap usage.  

On a happier note, yesterday I had a lovely get-together potluck with dear friends of mine.  One of our group was visiting from Idaho where she now lives (her name is also Charlene).  It was great getting caught up with everybody.

I've been pretty good about not shopping too much, though I have been stress eating lots of cookies.  My, oh my...   Waves to all~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I love the arrangement you ordered.  Good luck at the orthopedic today, and at work tomorrow and the next day.  I had the same reaction to the TSV as you did.  I will not be ordering, but I hope any who do enjoy it very much.

Hope the Lug cosmetic organizer works well for you.  I have considered it as well, but so far not ordered it.

It is hotter here today -- high supposed to be in the upper 90's and no rain, but it wasn't too bad on my walk this morning.  Yesterday, they issued an excessive heat warning for Wednesday, but I have not heard that since.  It will be hot for sure -- 100's again.  

I'm back from "strong bones" class that went well, and I have a grief group this afternoon.  Jo Ann and I are supposed to go out for coffee and/or a snack after the meeting.

I almost purchased some facial cleaning cloths from here yesterday evening, but found that I had been charged for a phone security service I have on automatic renewal.  DD convinced me that the security plan was a good idea.  But, I had forgotten when the year was up.  Oh well -- not  a big deal, and I can continue to use the cloths that I already have.

Glad your Mom is progressing, Charlene, but very sorry your sisters let you down.  I agree that sometimes you need to keep your mouth shut due to the circumstances. But, it certainly can be hurtful  Nice of your DH to help with your Mom's house, and those shower changes may be lifesavers for her.  Sending extra hugs your way.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone is doing well and has a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I hope your appointment went well today and I love the colorful faux succulent plant .

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Charlene @cerb   I'm glad that you were able to get together with some dear friends.

I remember when my Ma was going through some critical care back in 2010.  She was in a hospital and LTACH from Valentines Day until Mother's Day.  There are three children in my family.  Me and two older sisters.

I'm a firm believer in spreading the wealth and trying to coordinate coverage for visiting so that a single person doesn't get burned out.  I worked full time.  Middle sister was not working at the time and slept at the hospital in the waiting room at night.  Trying to keep her out of the hospital 24/7 was a battle but I worked with her.  Eldest sister was literally a stone's throw away from the hospital and we could not get her to buy into the schedule.  She was not going to let anyone tell her when to visit.  As a matter of fact she rarely visited at all.

I had some long days because I worked across town and went straight to the hospital or LTACH after work.

It never got better and I'm only sharing this with you to tell you that I understand what it's like when you can't get cooperation. Heart

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   It warmed up here too.  I had to kick the A/C on yesterday evening Woman Happy