Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, APRIL 26)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and warming up a bit from the cold that we had overnight. Hopefully, this will be bright enough to determine if I need to move solar lights to another location or let them stay put. 

I was checking my order status because I've waiting on the patio rugs. I received the small round for under the bistro table on Friday. The other two rectangles have not been put on backorder. The Candace tee shiirts as well. UGH!!!  I sure hope QVC revises this to preparing my order soon. Fingers crossed.

Today is laundry day for me. The washer already decided it didn't like the sweat pants/jeans load and exhausted itself with the self level funtion. (or as I call it--open the door to find everything in a puddle of water) It's a nice feature to have when it works properly but it can have hissy fits on certain laods. 

I did watch the Fashion program this morning. I guess Leah is on vacation. I 've been searching for a blouse for my DIL and something small for her mother. Tomorrow I want to get cards so I'm not in that panic like happened at Easter. Usually, I'm working ahead of all the occasions but this year is certainly backwards for me.  

Tonight I'm making pasta for dinner. I might even treat myself to some ice cream. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, APRIL 26)

Oh boy, I just posted and then found Fressa started the thread today.  

Here is what I posted -

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME--(MONDAY, APRIL 26)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I noticed that Fressa added to yesterday's post earlier, and then Susan posted today.  Their posts are below --

Birdmama---I will keep your niece and the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Fressa - Thank you for starting us today. Sorry to hear about your knees, my hands usually start to ache when the weather changes.  I hope you find your lost items soon, I hate when I just can not find something, go out and buy again and poof - a week or so later it show up.  I think it is a retail plot.

Twinny - Hope all goes well for your infusion, and that you stay safe.  I get my second vaccine next month, I still don't think I will be hurrying out to eat.  We do take out to support the local restaurants, but it is not the same as eating there.  But, soon enough we will be able to.  

Bernie - I hope your niece's family are well soon.  I don't understand not wanting to get a vaccine - these are the same people who's parents got them vaccines as children.  Okay, off my soap box.

Linda - Enjoy cooking your vegetables, I am trying to incorporate more meatless meals here.  Some weeks I do okay and some I just don't get it done - Work in Progress.

Not much happening here.  Today is my mess around day and tomorrow starts the Spring Cleaning in my downstairs.  You know you have to work up to these things.

Off to take the dog for a walk, we have a phone call with the financial people today.  

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

----------------------

I'm echo Susan's wishes for Glenda.  Hope you enjoyed your walk, Susan.  

It is very quiet here.  I'm waiting to hear more about church services, but I may just continue to watch on-line until I feel safe.  I am pretty sure that everyone is required to wear masks, and temperatures are taken, etc., but I'm not sure about social distancing once there is only one service instead of two.  

I am concerned about places that don't require masks or worry about social distancing, so I am not rushing back to any sort of "normal" in terms of restaurants, shopping, etc., soon.  But, I am happy that I have had my two vaccines plus two weeks.  And, I feel fairly safe eating socially-distanced outdoors.

I've been having a horrible time with spam to my Yahoo mail account, and I am in the process of moving many of my contacts to my Gmail account since Yahoo doesn't seem to be able to fix the problem.  This is not a quick process since the legitimate contacts want to make sure that I'm not a fraudster (which is a good thing).

While I won't call it "spring cleaning", my plans are to clean today -- particularly the kitchen, and maybe see if  I have more things to donate/trash.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  I hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. DGD is having her sleep study tonight, and I hope they find what is causing some of her issues.

----------------------

Sorry about the backorder issues, Fressa -- how frustrating.  I checked my order status on one of my orders, and it kept saying it had been accepted by the local Post Office on April 22nd.  Today, it says it has gone to a UPS shipment hub in Arizona (not close), and then will go to the USPS.  Pretty crazy.

Good luck with your card/gift buying, and enjoy your pasta.  I'm a really big pasta lover.