Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, APRIL 2)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. I made it through March without buying any wants and no purchases from the Q. April will present a challenge as I just looked at my order summary for the Q for last April, a summary that reflected a lot of buying of clothes, garden items, etc. 

How did I start April? I bought the WEN EDP last night in the Midnight hour. I haven't bought any WEN for six months. Do I need it? No, but it is birthday month and since I didn't buy anything other than inexpensive souveniers while in London, I am trying to justify the purchase.

I have to admit that once a purchase is made it is so tempting to make another. I saw a pair of QF new crop pants I liked but told myself that I have crops and didn't need them, but they were cute. Then I was watching the Denim & Co. show when they presented one of my favorite tops. In fact, I am wearing one of the watercolors now. I have had these about three years, so I decided to replenish them in 3 colors. Now, it is time to call it to a halt!

I am without much food in the house, so I am debating going to the local supermarket for fill ins and then go to the city over the weekend versus a major grocery shopping expedition today. I'm tired and really don't feel like going to the city, so I feel that I will be restricting myself to the limited options of the local supermarket.

My niece and I plan to go to Australia next year, so it is important to monitor expenditures now and save for the venture. I'll be using my frequent flier miles for the ticket, but I will be purchasing the upgrade to economy plus as well as activities and food there.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, APRIL 2)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Sorry you are feeling tired, sounds like a nap is in store for you.   Good job on the no buy for March, the Wen sounds like a need more than a want.  That is how I see it.  I have to put a stop to the buying, I looked at what I bought last month (all wants nothing really needed) and I was shocked.  

Not much happening here, I do have bathrooms to clean - as you see I am procrastinating -  I do need to do my "list of things to get done this month" written up.  I do better with a list, I sit it on the counter and it reminds me to get busy.

Linda - Hope DH is doing well today.

Bernie - How does retirement feel??

Hope you all have a good afternoon - I do need to get busy.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--It can be amazing what you discover when you review your order status on any shopping site part of which was so outstanding that you forgot you had purchased it. I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I made it through  yesterday without a purchase, but didn't today. I love those Denim & Co. tops so much and have worn them  so often that I can justify replacing them, especially if they might be on the way out.

The list of things to do this month is a good idea. It does help with procrastination or doing other things that are not as important.

I join with you in wishing the best for Linda's DH as well as Bernie's retirement and also hope that Marijane didn't get snow. I'm sure that meallen will drop in with an appropriate graphic.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I was up and moving around before 7 am this morning.  I made a run to the recycling center, stopped by the Salvation Army to donate the lenten items, popped into Target and then did some grocery shopping.  They are remodeling my Meijer's so finding what was on my list was kind of tricky.

It's been a mix of relaxing and being productive :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--You can now do what you want without an employer's required hours creating a problem with scheduling what you want to do. I have a feeling that you will find yourself busy doing those things that are a priority for you

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you are a bit tired.  It takes me a while to "get over" a trip, so I fully appreciate how you are feeling.  I didn't do as well as you in March, but I did avoid buying any clothing.  That was a major accomplishment since I am often tempted by new things. 

It is funny about that Denim & Co.  top -- I have it in two colors, and when I saw it presented this morning I was thinking maybe I should get another one.  I really, really like it.  What colors do you have?  One of mine is called light black or something, but is really pink and grey, and the other is shades of blue.  I keep going back and forth between buying another color or getting a floral top.  I don't have any floral tops, but lately they have been calling my name.  Of course, I could just buy nothing, but that is probably not going to happen.   My resistance only goes so far.

Hope you and your niece have a wonderful trip to Australia.

Hi Susan.  What a bummer about last month. At least now you know and can try to change things up a bit.   Having a list of things to do is probably a good idea, and one that I should adopt.  

Waves to our newly retired lady, Bernie.  I can say from experience that retirement does not mean that you won't keep busy.  But, as Jean said, you do have more control over your time and priorities.

It is sunny and warm here, which is much better (for me) than those areas having April snow -- yuck.  Hope your snow melts soon, Marijane.

"Strong bones" class went well today.  I heard from DD that they had a leak and the plumber was there, so I waited to hear how much he charged so I could transfer some money (not the entire amount, but....)  before visiting DH.  The plumber did some repair work and performed a leak test, so it was more than expected, but......  

Anyway, I "spent" money on their plumbing that might have gone for some "wants", but that is probably a good thing.  I have so much "stuff", particularly clothes, shoes, and household items.

DH's new hospice caregiver came later than normal, so I was able to meet her and sort of fill her in on some of DH's needs.  Very nice lady who has a three month old baby along with five other kids.  Wow!

The main caregiver was one of my favorites, and he made a really good smelling and looking lunch.  It was sort of like a "rice bowl" that I used to have at a restaurant in Maryland.  DH was very sleepy again, so he didn't finish his lunch, but I did ask about the sauce the caregiver used, and he gave me a sample (including the chicken and vegetables).  Really good.  He got the sauce recipe from his wife who lived in Hawaii for a while -- you combine soy sauce and lime juice (equal parts) with pepper and other seasoning (like oregano, etc.), and let it stand before putting it over your finished dish.  I am definitely going to try it.  

I need a couple of grocery items, so I guess I should get to the store now.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I have that Denim & Co. top in the grey and pink, a green of some type, and the light blue. I probably use the grey and pink most often. I got the red, the teal and a replacement for the grey and pink.  Yes, I really like that top. I am with you on having too many clothes and household items, but not buying unless it is a replacement for tired and worn too long items such as the Denim & Co. top. I'm glad that you were able to meet  DH's new caregiver. It sounds as if she has a full plate of challenges with rearing the family combined with a demanding job.