Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, APR 22)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I saw on FB that Jean had finished one doctor's appointment, had lunch, and was going to her second appointment.  Hope all went well.

It is cooler here, but not cold for sure.  It should make it up into the 80's today.  I needed a little jacket on my walk, but it was nice.  There were only three of us at "strong bones" today, but that was fine.  Then, I went up to our recreation to sign up for a trip to an arboretum and olive mill on May 1st.  Overpriced like most of their trips, but I was looking for something to do on my first wedding anniversary without DH, and this will fit the bill.  Both of us loved to travel, so I know he would want me to enjoy it.  Also, he went to the olive mill one time when I wasn't available.

The broker called me just as I was about to leave for my class, and I am waiting for them to call back.  These were the people who made an appointment on Good Friday but were closed that day.

I have a grief group this afternoon.  Nothing much else to report.

Thanks for the nice graphics, meallen.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I saw the strike is over at your local grocery store, Marijane.  Hope they re-stock soon, and you can get back there.

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, APR 22)

HEllo Ladies...raining here..again...but it did start off sunny and it's not a cold so that's a plus.

Sounds like a nice trip you have planned for yourself on your Anniversary Linda.  IS the olive mill a place where they press the olives for olive oil?

Yes the strike is over...I,saw that tnere are 92 stores in Ct and also stores in Mass and RI that also had gone out.  I went there this morning and a lot of bare shelves,veggies,fruit,meat,bread etc....but I assume they will be up and running by tomorrow.  I told a lot of,the workers that it was good to see them back and they said they were  happy to be back. 

Not much else here,only one of my kids came  for Easter, my one son stayed in Maine and DD stayed in Vt.   So it was a quiet one.     Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Honored Contributor

Hello ladies, the weather here started out so nice on Easter Sunday - sunny and warm.  By the time we hit later afternoon it started to look overcast and was chilly.  Glad I took a lightweight jacket to my niece's house.  I usually keep some kind of jacket or sweater with me, no matter what the season and where I am going, lol.

It's sunny today if not particularly warm.  My grass is greening up (some neighbors have mowed already) and my forsythia shrub is finally sprouting.  It's nice to see little buds on the trees and the leafy shrubs in the front of the house.

Still waiting to see if the daffodils and tulips are going to sprout.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, that sounds like a nice trip for your first anniversary alone.    Enjoy.

Jean, I hope that your test  results are all fine.

Bird Mama, our weather yesterday was beautiful.  79° & sunny.   The maple trees have small leaves on them and the tulips are starting to come up.  

Marijane, I am glad that your grocery store is back to business.  No fun to find empty shelves though.

It was a busy week around here last week.  We did a little bit of spring cleaning each day & got the dirty picture window washed.  

Our dd & her family came down on Sunday morning and we all went to church which was nice.  Lunch was easy because I put a ham in the oven and scalloped potatoes in the crock pot.  I made the peach Mountain Dew jello on Saturday night and the Easter 🐇🐇🐇 cake that I bought on Friday at the bank's bake sale was a hit for all except for our 16 year old dgs whom doesn't eat desserts.  He is a HAM lover though so it all worked out well.

Our dd gave us an 8x10 graduation picture of Christopher & a really neat thing that looks like a deck of cards and opens up with lots of different pix all hooked together of him.  He is very photogenic like his mom was. The plan is to have a graduation party in July when our ds is home for the July 4th holiday weekend.  

My DH hid the Easter eggs outside after lunch and the 3 dgc had a fun time looking for them.  Then he hid the 3 Easter baskets and we gave our dd & dsil theirs.  We play no favorites.  Lol.

My DH took a mid afternoon nap before we all had a light supper.  I was tired and was in bed before 9:00.

My DH has his stress test at 12:30 tomorrow morning, so we are going out for breakfast again.

I am in the process of ordering my Uloric and Xarelto.  They are both pricey so I am checking out Walgreen's & CVS PharmacyPharmacy prices.

I am in charge of our next cousin's luncheon in May, so I sent out an email this morning with a few possible dates. 

I walked earlier this morning because it's going to be in the upper 70's & it was already in the mid 60's by 8:00 a.m.

Supper is leftovers from yesterday.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. You are planning well for the first anniversary alone.

At the morning urologist appointment, we scheduled the upcoming cystoscopy. This will be done with anesthesia as he also will be checking the kidneys for any sign of cancer returning. If it is a clean report, then I will just have to undergo it once a year.

At the afternon cardiology appointment, I had a normal EKG but they are going to check for impaired circulation in the legs and feet. That test was scheduled for May 3 but I need to see if it can be changed as that is the third day of a work obliigation.

Dinner is leftovers from the lunch. It was a good day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished reading all the test results from today. Nothing of any concern. Isn't it great to get the results on the same day!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Great news Jean @KonaKat 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise