Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, APR 20)

Good morning, shopping friends. There is a price range for everyone offered at QVC. Right now, the TSV is not in my price range but that doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to others. 

I am still getting up at 5am which makes for a very long day. Right now, I am waiting for my cardiologist to call for the appointment.  I sent him an updated Kardia EKG this morning, along with my vitals as a preliminary to the "meeting."

Our Covid-19 numbers are still increasing, so I expect an increase in the "stay at home" order that was to expire the last of April. It is a challenging time for all of us, and individually we are handling it in different ways. I know Suze Orman suggested being careful about the lure of the internet purhasing while at home. Well, I want a little "normal" so I did order the Lug TSV but I haven't watched the Q today.  I didn't use easy pay on the Lug bag as it wasn't expensive as some items.

I need to get ready for the appointment in a few minutes. Have a great day and if you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, APR 20)

Hi Everyone!

It's partly cloudy today and still cool. The pollen count is in the red which I'm assuming will  last until November. LOL

We spent the weekend tyring to tidy up various garden spots and the patio. It's starting to look "like someone lives here". ha ha!! I had purchased 2 5x7 rugs for the patio to replace the older ones back there. I wasn't quick enough to get the larger ones. I needed black and was trying to coordinate with what I had back there. They arrived on Friday. That was the fastest shipping I've had this year from Q. They were so tightly wound It was a "tripping trap. We put bricks on them and pulled them up to the foundation wall. I put the bench and ceramic planters across them to try to weigh them down. The dogs are doing a good job of the the other areas. ha ha!!! I'm crossing my fingers that I can at least remove the my planters when the daisies arrive. 

I managed to only get a small rash on my arms and leg from the outside work. (I wear elbow gloves and socks so go figure). I have had good luck with the Ultimate Repair cream on these rashes. It does take the itch away. I wanted to mention that in case it was useful to others.

Today is a ton of laundry and recovery from too much weekend. I will start tomorrow with lining up the week. It appears that my auto deduct for the parking garage problem is not resolved. I'm giving it one more day before I venture into that "mess". 

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Like you, I am having trouble sleeping or at least sleeping well at night.  I have decided that I will give myself permission to nap -- only 20 minutes or so, if I feel tired in the afternoon.  Like you, I don't think all or even most of the restrictions will be lifted by May 1st, and even if they are, I am not ready to take lots of chances.  

The TSV doesn't appeal to me -- the price or style, so I'm safe from that today.  I am really trying to limit my purchases to something I need/want and will use soon.  Of course, I am finding all sorts of things I want/need.  The latest was a word search book from Amazon.  Sort of a far-fetched item, but....  I'm also seriously considering a gardening shovel being sold here.   

Just by the way, I have found that Amazon is changing prices wildly -- sometimes a dramatic difference in price for the same item in one day.  The word search book was originally $10 went up to $15, and then back down to $10 the next day.

Hope your meeting with the cardiologist went well, Jean.  It is good that you are able to send the vital information from home.  Also hope you like the TSV bag you ordered.  It was very cute. 

Thanks for the tip, Fressa.  I don't have the allergy/sensitivity problems you do, but I often get little bumps for some reason.  I hope the rugs work out.  Good job with your garden efforts.

It is sunny and they are predicting highs in the 80's today.  As usual, I am eagerly anticipating my walk around the neighborhood.  

Sorry about your Aunt passing, Bernie -- may she rest in peace.  I do understand your feelings.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean and Linda L, I slept poorly last night too.  I broke off part of the tooth that's next to my eye tooth last night trying to gently eat a Bugle. This morning, I called the dentist and left a message.  Of course, like every other ones, they are only doing necessary procedures.  My appt. is on June 8th. It doesn't hurt which is a good thing.  Jean, I hope that you like your new bag.  Good luck with your cardI appt.

Linda L, I don't need or desire the TSV as I am not going anywhere real soon.  I have 3 nice tops that I was going to wear on our Louisiana vaca which was supposed to start on Wednesday. 

fressa, your yard sounds like it's getting in good shape.  It's fun to be to to enjoy being outdoors before the hot weather arrives.  Enjoy the new carpets.

I was going to take my walk this morning, but after pulling out the fridge and cleaning all round it, I am ready to have lunch and soak in the hot tub.  

It's a beautiful sunny day with rain tonight or tomorrow.  

Nothing exciting going on around here.  I am not bored yet which is a good thing.  Another 30 days after our April 24th deadline might make me antsy.  Our ds told me on Saturday night that we will have to be very careful about going out even after the next deadline ends. He thinks that we will be house bound until mid -late July.  Right now, we are glad to be healthy.  

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat   I haven't watched the Q today either.  I might take Suze Orman more seriously if she hadn't recently tried to sell Q viewers two new items.  I guess buying from TV is different Woman WinkWoman Tongue

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Fressa @Fressa   I took the mower out today and cut the front and back yard grass.  It hadn't grown very tall however there were some uneven spots.  It looks tidy now.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   the book that you brought to my attention last week about bird behavior is scheduled for delivery today.  I'm excited about reading it.  I feel like I know sparrow and pigeon behavior because I've shared my home with them nearly 15 years.  I'm very interested in learning about other birds. 

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   I think our stay at home request runs through the end of the month.  I'm not at all comfortable with a reopening that's like flinging the barn door open if you know what I mean.  Economy and public health need to work hand in hand.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama,  have fun with your new bird book.  Our stay at home quarantine now ends 06/04 & they say that we will be having graduation at  a later date than the normal Mem'l Day weekend. I am happy for the grads and their families.  No mention of when things will open up though.  We will not be rushing to a store, but I would like to get my hair cut.