Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 8/18)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, hope you have a good day at work. Yes, we are getting more rain than usual. We have not had to use our sprinkler system at all this year. I remember by now our grass used to be brown from lack of rain, and that has not happened in the last two years.

Rosa - Happy birthday, and it was very nice what your co-workers did for you, enjoy the day.

Sonya - Have a good day, hope your DH's BIL does well, stroke can be different for every person. My grandmother had a stroke and it was bad, my DH had on small one and he was okay. I wish he and his family the best.

Twinny2 - Hope the plumbing bill isn't too bad, I have learned - There is nothing better than a good plumber. We found one we love and have used him a couple times. He is dependable and he and his crew work fast and are good.

Not much going on here today, I do have cleaning to do but have been procrastinating. So guess I am going to get busy. I do have to do the exciting job of putting Liquid Plumber in the drains, they have been running slow lately.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I think it is sometimes better not to have too much notice. That way you won't be thinking if you want to go or not. I love it my DH gets up in the morning and says "let's go here or there today." I don't have time to talk myself out of it, which I rarely do as I love to get out & about.

Gayle, Have fun at lunch & the movies. I am sure you will be glad to get back to your own schedule.

RC, I have a cousin that lives in Bryan, TX. She said it is bad when college is in session. I also have another cousin living near Houston. My cousin from the Midwest is flying there today for about a week. I hope she survives the heat. Your school starts early too.

Susan, Well the plumber was here & gone again. We tried a different guy this time. He had a helper & was all done with both of the toilets in about 1/2 hour. He charged $24 for parts & $59 for labor. He seemed very efficient so we will see how long things last. He did say the parts that he replaced only last about 5 years compared to the 19 year old toilets we have had nothing wrong with.

DH is mowing the lawn as it is supposed to rain hard tonight & tomorrow. Then he will be done until next Tuesday, as we will leaving for ME & MA next Weds. I am excited about getting my packing done. I know I will change my mind 10 times as the weather will play a big part in my packing. DH never takes enough clothes & then we are out looking for what he didn't bring along in the first place.LOL.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Happy birthday, Rosa! Hope you have a good day; you certainly are blessed to have such thoughtful co-workers. That reminds me of some of my earlier jobs where the people I worked with were like family, and that's rare anymore.

I woke up to pouring rain, so went back to sleep "for a little while" and way overslept. I never did get to the pool yesterday as it began to storm, and right now it's only in the 70s. (sigh) I just checked the weather for Destin and it's supposed to be hot and sunny for the rest of the week; I'm going to have to figure out how to give my friend the slip and go off to do some enjoyable things on my own - baking on the hot sand all day is NOT my idea of fun! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Twinny, that wasn't bad at all for a plumbing bill. I have a young man I found on Craigslist whom I use; he's a master plumber who works for someone but moonlights on the side. I'm going to have to have him in next month - the kitchen sink is leaking and my bathtub faucets need to be replaced. I do have the new ones, and I also have a shower head that I got for my birthday last year that has to be installed - it has lights in it that change color when the water runs and looks like it might be fun, especially since I shower with just the night light on in the bathroom, so I can enjoy the light show. I also have a shower head on each side of my tub, giving me the option of getting a spray from two directions, so that shower head will go on the side I don't use as frequently since I have a shower massage on the other.

Oh, I'd love to get some good peaches! Maybe I can find a farm stand in Georgia next week, since the stuff in supermarkets is GMO and is tasteless and mealy. I did get some donut peaches in Walmart last week, and surprisingly they're quite good. I'm looking forward to going back to Trader Joe's next month for more non-GMO produce; what a difference from what you get in regular stores!

Sonya, that's amazing about DH's BIL - just goes to show how God is in control. I'm remembering him in prayer.

Hope you had a good day at work, Jean - extra money is always good.

Guess I'd better get moving. Today is the first day of the new semester, and I want to get as much homework done as possible before I leave. The first week is always light, thank goodness, so I shouldn't have a problem finishing early. There's a discussion board where you have to respond to several classmates' comments, but the initial comments aren't due until Thursday evening and the responses by Sunday evening. I'm taking my laptop with me, but my friend doesn't know if the condo has wi-fi or not, so I emailed the prof to tell him my responses might be late. We're returning on Sunday and my friend has to work the next day, so I assume we'll be home fairly early and I should probably be able to finish on time, but just wanted to cover all bases.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

We went to see "100 foot Journey"....great movie!! Highly recommended. Chilling out tonight, small glass of needed wine. Just a quick note, again, thanks for all your comments and support. No way to really convey how much it meant to me.

Gayle

Respected Contributor

I will have to see that one Gayle. We saw Noah this weekend and I loved the beginning but it got too dark for me. Smiley Sad And Heaven is for Real - loved the book but the movie was a bit hokey for me. I sure wish we could all sit out on the deck (in one of the cooler climates) and chill out together!

Twinny yay for a working toilet again! lol

I came home sat on the floor and played with puppy for a while. Now I'm in cleaning mode. I need to make a cake for a coworker. She likes strawberries and what do I have? 2 lemon cake mixes, 2 pineapple cake mixes, 1 banana cake mix. lol