Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, 1/19)

Well, they say "no news is good news." The reverse of that must be "cardiology appointment moved up to Feb. 4 from March 16 is bad news." At least, it isn't like my friend who was called at 7am in the morning and told to report to the hospital immediately because the heart monitor indicated he needed an immediate pacemaker put in based upon severe incidents during the night.

Kathleen--I'm glad you are enjoying yourself and the time with DD. I think both of you are facing positive changes and you are quite happy about it. Good job on cancelling the one purchase.

Marijane--Your weather was terrible yesterday. I agree with you that I am all too ready for capri and crop weather. Kathleen is just reminding us of the positives that lie ahead. You are so right that the house work is never done.

Susan--I didn't get the Chaps pillow. It was a Serta. Time will tell how they will work out. The pillows I have been using are just not doing the job they once did. I can't even remember how old they are.

Twinny--Your garage sale years ago was very successful. I often consider yard sales, etc. but the effort it takes to pull one off is more than I can handle. They also require more than one person to manage the sale to keep things from disappearing when the back is turned. It is always good to see people but the funeral is a time of celebration of the person's life and she had a very long one.

LindaR--You are so right that chain restaurants are predictable in terms of menu but not always in terms of quality and service. I have found some non-chain restaurants to be excellent and they are always worth trying. I usually check out Yelp.com for reviews of various restaurants, especially non-chain, when going to a city I have not been.

Arlene--It sounds as if you have wonderful plans for your birthday. Enjoy to the fullest. I think as the weather improves, you will find the sciatica may improve. You are so correct that physical limitations do hinder our efforts in getting things done on a timely basis.

I could order the TSV as a "feel good" effort but it won't change the reality of the news. I am tempted, however, to see if there is something on my wish list that would work. I like the cosmetics I am currently using, so I'll just pass on the TSV.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Kona, You were very kind and uplifting to me during the loss of my DH. I have uplifted you to the Lord in prayer. I will continue to lift you up and keep you in my thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--Thank you so much! I've always known that this could get worse. This may just be one of those periods in which it comes and goes. When I was diagnosed almost two years ago, they did it on the basis of 24 hours of monitoring. This was 3 weeks, so there is a good picture of how often it comes and goes and how long it lasts when it decides to rear its ugly head. Again, thanks!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Oh Jean, I am sorry to hear this. Smiley Sad You are good at thoroughly thinking through a purchase. I know this comes from practice.

Twinny I am sorry to hear of your loss, but glad you got to see some friends that you haven't seen in a while.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, Prayers for you as you will be going to your Dr. earlier than planned. Our 100 y/o friend that passed away lost her DH back in 1963. She was so ready to go home to meet him again. You are so right. It is a lot of work for a garage/lawn sale. At the time our 2 DC were on college summer break. I told them both to tell me what they wanted saved from their rooms & I would get rid of the rest of it. I wasn't moving any extra things than I had to. I got rid of everything in the sale except for one small box of incidentals. That went to St Vincent's.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I often thought if I moved, I would just try to sell house with contents and let them worry about it.

Kathleen--Thanks, but I'll let the pillows be my purchase for today; they aren't a fun purchase but they fulfill a need I don't need to bring more in here if I'm trying to get rid of it.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon -- so sorry to hear about your appointment being moved up Jean. I will be praying for you.

Waves to all of our posters and readers. I have read all your posts, but I want to get to Curves plus take a walk, and responding to each of your posts would take me quite a while. I do want to wish Arlene a very Happy Birthday! Your birthday plans sound great. And, I am so happy for you Rosa -- your weekend sounded great, and it is very important that you and your friend travel well together and enjoy some of the same things. Glad you are feeling happy Kathleen.

I am very excited to report that I finally met a lady I have been posting with here for several years for lunch today, and it was great to finally see her in person. Barbara, who posts here sometimes and on a different thread regularly, is a very nice lady as is her DH. Fortunately, he enjoys driving since it is quite a drive from where they live (near Phoenix) to here (south of Tucson). For those of you on FB, I posted a couple of pictures.

No word on my nephew's wife, but I know my SIL needs to go to work early, so she may not know the latest yet. Hopefully, I will hear from her this evening.

Thanks to you ladies, I managed to find three pairs of dress pants to donate yesterday. I am so happy that I feel okay about donating them, despite their fitting. Who needs that many pairs of black dress pants? Not me for sure. The veterans will be picking up donations tomorrow, so if I may try to look once more tonight. I still have way too many clothes.

Beautiful weather here -- in the mid-70's.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--So happy that you got to meet Barbara. Good job on the donation. I am also guilty of black dress pants collection, but mine are of different fabrications and brands. Remember when they used to sell pant suit combinations? It seems that each came with black pants.

I did order two pair of the QF Dream Jeannes in different colors. I have started wearing them because they are so comfy. Shipping was $3 on the first pair today. O.K., I gave over but I had planned to make this purchase in a couple of months but just decided to do it today with the lower than usual shipping. I now will find four old pair of pants to go out.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Oh what fun---meeting a ""cyber friend""!. Linda I did you the pics---very nice---you looked absolutely lovely. When Kathleen and I met last week I told her she ""held the record"" for meet and greets!. It is so much fun to meet folks that we chat with on line.

Jean: Good luck with your apt. Hopefully it is just a ""tweak"" and nothing major---but on the flip side we are fortunate to live in a time where we have resources and medications.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--I assume it will be a tweak. It is all beyond my control, so I'll just do my best until the appointment. When I got the tentative diagnosis locally, I was told later that they had never seen anyone take that news so calmly. Well, my getting upset is not going to change things. I just do what I can to prevent the complications of AF which includes taking all those meds for it to reduce frequency and intensity.

I did another half hour of work this evening, including selecting the pants for donation. These are in excellent condition as I lost weight after I got them but I had been keeping them just in case I regained.

I'm now watching "Untold Stories of the ER."