Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MON, MAY 10_

Greetings, shopping friends. It is  colderr than I like so I've been keepng myself inside. I feel good so I've been sorting things all day. I feel productive doing that.

I have found a handbag tucked away two years ago but didn't immediately use so it  has gone unused. Now, I just have to decided what to do. That was definiitely an impulse decision.

I am still eating small meals several times a day and likely likely will for some time. It does make for a challenge when eating out, so that it something I no longer do often.

Have a great day!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MON, MAY 10_

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry it is cooler than you like -- nice and warm here with a high of 89 degrees predicted.  Probably too warm for Glenda, Fressa, and some others, but suits me fine.

Good luck with the handbag decision.  I'm trying to use things as soon as I receive them, but that doesn't always happen.

My DGD is also eating small meals several times a day, and has a very restricted diet.  But, it does seem to help.  I have not been eating out much at all since the pandemic struck -- not even getting "take out", but some of my friends and I are meeting for pizza on Wednesday.  Really looking forward to getting together and hope I will have leftover pizza to bring home.

Tomorrow is trash day for me, so I am going through my refrigerator and tossing plus cutting up some vegetables to use in a vegan dish.  It requires a huge number of different vegetables, so I will be using up many things in the refrigerator.  That is good news since I hate to let things go bad before I use them.

Nothing exciting planned here.  The pest control company said it is time for my two month spraying, so they will be coming this afternoon.  

No TSV for me since I don't like the look of joggers or crop pants on me.  But, I think it is a reasonable price.  Hope any who order like it very much.  I am intrigued by the fabric, but have never ordered Zuda.  Have any of you tried it?

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Looks like Fressa started our thread for today as well.  Here is what she said --

Hi Everyone!

It's cool, no rain and a bit windy. I think I'll wait until later in the week to plant some flowers. I never know if I should wait it out with them sitting in the garage or take a chance and plant them. 

I have to admit that I was so tempted with the TSV but couldn't decide which size I was. LOL !! I'm between sizes so I guess that will keep me on budget. I had the Zuda brand from years ago and liked them. They held up for years. 

Glad to hear that some are getting out for nice walks and seeiing a friend or two. It's encouraging.

Have a good afernoon/evening

Esteemed Contributor

bump

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it was in the 30's again this morning and I think we're in for a frost advisory tonight.  I noticed that my neighbors lilac tree is looking rough and I wonder if that's because of the cool temps we've been having.  Could be because she never prunes it.  I have a yew shrub on the south side of my house that got 'leggy' over the years when I was working.  Since the grass was damp I decided to work on the shrub again this year.  I've been hard pruning certain areas since I retired to get this shrub going again. 

Having felt that I did at least one productive thing aside from the usual laundy, I'm now plotzed in front of the computer Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I think eating a few small meals is a good idea.  I did that for a long time when I had my gallbladder out about 40 years ago.  As soon as I ate about a tablespoon of food, I felt like I had just been to a buffet dinner and pigged out.  It's not fun when you are going out to eat.  Good luck with your purse decision.

Linda L, I walked afer lunch and it was a nice sunny 60°day.  There were quite a few out and about.  

Bird Mama, my dh covered up my rhubarb on Friday and Saturday nights,  but we didn't get any frost.   It's supposed to be near 60° for a couple of days which I am enjoying and 70's by Friday.  Hopefully It won't be hot when we leave for S. IL on Friday morning.A

It looks like rain, but we really need it.

My DH had his vision test with our new optometrist this morning and all is well.  I liked the clinic too, so I picked out a new pair of frames and made an appointment for myself for next Wed.  

I neglected to say that my ddii called me on Saturday night and wished me a Happy Mother's Day.  She just got back home from a trip to San Francisco.  It's was a class reunion with 7 other gf's that have been friends since first grade school.  They are all nurses & deserved such a nice get together.  We love her dearly & her Mom passed away a  couple of years ago.

Supper is leftover pizza from our get together yesterday.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda