Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS (ONE DAY AT A TIME): MAY 6

Just had to let you know -- the capris came, and they fit just fine. Are they absolutely perfect? No, but not many things are. I think after I wash them, they will fit a little better. I know that I have had that happen in the past with D&Co. bottoms that were a little loose.

Now I can relax and get back to not buying any more clothes or shoes. Hope I stick to my guns this time.

Glad to hear about your tire and the possible solutions to the extra money for your internet Arlene. Definitely weird, but....

I used to grow impatiens all the time in Maryland, Jean. Just one of the many plants that probably would not work here without lots of watering and sheltering from the sun. Oh well.....

My SIL's truck should be ready this afternoon. DD said she thinks she caught something -- cold or virus or something, which she hopes will leave before the MRI on Thursday.

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--I am often looking for things I can do without but hesitate when it comes to getting rid of something I loved. I had a handbag that for some reason I felt needed to go as I wasn't in love with the color. I decided to use it before making a final decision. Two weeks later, I am still using that bag as the color really grew on me.

Arlene--Your yard must have some very lovely flowers. I don't think I could handle the pond but I know that is something you enjoy. It is odd about appliances. I have 3 LG products and have had zero problems, but there are lemons in any line.

Linda--Glad that the TSV capris will work for you. Sending things back is such a pain. The problem with sizing in any brand at any store is the variation in sizes according to color or where the items were made.

I just put out the trash which included four 30-gallon stuffed trash bags and a collection of boxes. I'm looking at the possibility of getting a shoe organizer. I saw one I liked on Amazon and also one at Walmart.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

After being in the 30's last night, it is sunny and in the low 60's today. The sunshine always makes it feel extra nice. DH & I did a few errands this morning. We went to Walgreen's to get a few pix printed from our recent vacation & got a few other things there. DH got gas in the Kia as we are taking a friend shopping & out to eat tomorrow. He is the one that lost his wife in March & needs company right now. Then we had lunch out before coming home to the hot tub. I took my mom to do some errands this afternoon & now feel like I need a nap. We have our friends in tonight for cards. Otherwise, nothing exciting going on around here.

Shaussie, I loved your post yesterday. We live in S. WI & it is finally getting nicer here too. DH & I ended up in MI twice while coming home from the East Coast. We were trying to find an Amish town in IN! Have fun on your getaway. We came through Omaha last summer with friends while returning home from CO/WY etc. A very pretty area that we had never been to before.

Jean, Yes sun always helps doesn't it? I like to contribute to the economy too. Have some fun with your new shoes & crops. I love impatiens too & usually plant them in a big pot on my porch.

Genny!, I am glad you are finally getting some milder weather too. It has been a long time coming here too. Sorry the capris were too big. I usually do real well with D & Co.

LL, sorry your DD had brake problems. I hope the headaches get better & the MRI goes well this week too. Prayers for her. You are always busy with your vol. job, the gym & whatever fun things you & DH do together. It is always more fun to be busy than idle.

Linda R, Severe weather is never fun to deal with. DH & I had great fun last week in KY & TN, but we were dodging tornadoes all over the place.

RC, I need to declutter my closet too like DH & I did the rest of the house during the very cold winter months. I hate a messy closet & it is starting to drive my nuts. The problem is that it is still too cold to bring out the summer things & put the winter things away. I hope you take care of your self, as I am sure your head is still spinning around.

OOPS, cards is off tonight, as the fellow is out hunting so we will be playing tomorrow night.

Hugs to all of you out there.

Esteemed Contributor

FHG, prayers for that friend that lost her DH. What an awful thing for the wife to see it happen before her own eyes. I am glad the fridge is working for the time being. Your yard sounds lovely as does the pond. I definitely do not have a green thumb. Outdoor work is very difficult for me, so I try to keep it as simple as possible for my DH. The only thing I do outdoors is get into the hot tub! Since I have balance issues, I am a hazzard on grassy areas.

LL, Glad the capris came & the fit is satisfactory to you. I hate sending things back, unless it is absolutely necessary.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I love to look at prints of vacation pictures so much more than looking at them on the computer or online. I like to organize them in an album and flip through the album when I'm in the mood to escape reality. Yes, sun definitely helps!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean I am the same way about things that I love. But today I put on a bracelet that I loved for a week or 2 until it became mine. Now I have had it a year or two and wear it once in a great while. Same with an anklet - my friend gave it to me as it was her inventory when she decided to quit her jewelry (Lia Sophia) business. It is pretty but not my favorite. These 2 pieces will go into the giveaway pile.

I have discovered that if I am to live in the RV, my beautiful mirrored jewelry cabinet will not be able to come with me. I will be lucky to get my guitar in there. So it is time to let go of some more jewelry. I will still keep many pieces that I love and wear. I don't feel bad about having a lot. I just have more than I can really wear. If it is not in the rotation it will go out the door.

Clothes I usually have to use one more time. My purses are all keepers! None to get rid of.

Twinny I am looking forward to a quiet evening with my dog tonight! I want do get some more steps in with dancing, and that will be about it.