Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MARCH 24)

Hi  Everyone!

It's partly cloudy with rain and high winds in our forecast. It should start tonight thru tomorrow. I watched the weather channel last night and high wind storms were in the forecast for quite a few states. I hold my breath with all these trees around us. The hubby picked up all the downed branches yesterday from the previous nights storms so hopefully we will be in good shape. Crossing my fingers.

I did accomplish my errands including finding the eye vitamins for the hubby and the eye drops for me. I was in "sticker shock" again. At least I found what we needed so I that was lucky. Vitamins and OTC medications seem to empty out fast on the shelves in our area. 

Today I washed the winter bedspread & shams & dogs throw. It's a half day project to get that bedspread to get thru the washer spin cycle. I have a light microfiber spread on the bed now. I like those because they wash so much easier than the quilts or bedspreads. I sure can have fun around here. LOL

Adi Paz has some nice sales if anyone is a fan and shopping. I was tempted but so far I haven't moved it into my cart. 

I did watch QVC this morning. I like Ali Carr and how she presents items. I read a post from Dan Hughes that he is out with a health issue for awhile. He expects a full recovery. I wondered where he was. I hope he recovers soon.

I managed to get one garbage bag of a few decluttered items. Laundry day is a good day to rummage around in the storage room to keep going on that project. 

I see quite a few clothing items at tempting prices but so far have only ordered a pair of pajamas. I find myself between sizes and size confused (even with reading the chart) I figured that pajamas are the safest item to order at the present. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MARCH 25)

Hi Fressa @Fressa   It's been nice temperature wise around my part of Michigan this week.  I put up the new birdhouse for the sparrows this morning.  It's the same house, just in the color white versus the color yellow which is what I'm replacing.  I ordered coco fiber from Chewy to scatter around so the birds would have nesting material.  I also put some small piece of lint on the patio.  I read somewhere that it would be helpful to add a bit of nesting material to the floor of the new birdhouse to get a bird going.

Well I did that and my sparrow couple didn't like the furnishings, lol.  The female checked the house out first (sat on roof).  The male came by and looked it the house and then turned around on the dowel perch I added to the front of the house and stared right at the kitchen window where I was standing - hahahah.

I removed the nesting material from the bird house and then the couple went inside and checked it out.  They are funny.

They had a yellow one like this

Amazon.com : Home Bazaar Hand-made Little Wren Yellow Bird house - Bird  Friendly - Home Decor : Bird Houses : Garden & Outdoor

It was several years old and starting to look ratty.  When I was looking for a replacement I could only find it in white.

Home Bazaar HB-2044WS Hand Craft Garden Little Wren Hanging Bird House With  Real Wood Tiled Roof For Small Nesting Birds, White : Target

I remove the flowers out of the flower box and then I drill a hole through the front and add a dowel for them to perch.

Hey Linda @LindaLatte  any news on the sandals?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MARCH 24)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  You have been busy as usual.  Glad you got your errands done.  We had high winds and clouds here today, but no storms.  It was warmer than yesterday, but only in the low 60's.  They have had some tempting prices here, but I haven't ordered either.  The dress I was considering (and put on my list) sold out before I could order.  Just as well.

My Clark's sandals finally arrived today, and unfortunately, they are going back tomorrow when I go to the Post Office.  They were cute, but the strap on the left one rubbed against my heel -- sounds strange, but a problem I have had with shoes and boots in the past.  I was a little surprised that the return label is the same price ($6.95) as what I paid for a smaller and lighter package I sent back (joggers).  Glad I took easy pay, so I will not owe too much for trying them on.  Still regret it, but....

That is a cute birdhouse, Bernie.  Funny story about the couple not liking the furnishings you provided.  But, I'm glad they like it now.

Jean went to her regular doctor today, and found she had been misdiagnosed.  Not sure what she has/had, but he took her off two medications.  She has to finish up one of them.  She said it was the worst two weeks she has experienced.  Hopefully, she will be better soon.

I did my grocery shopping this morning, and hospice deliveries this afternoon.  I need to do the mailings, but that will probably be after dinner.   I may have a few deliveries tomorrow, plus the Post Office visit.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the feedback on the sandals Linda @LindaLatte   Some of the reviews mention that the leather or nubuck on the sandal is stiff as all get out.  Yikes, I sure don't want that.  I also need to be careful exactly whee a strap might hit my boney ankle bones, lol.

One of my first purchases from the Q was a pair of blue fisherman sandals by Clarks (2008).  This was back when their shoes were made in Brazil.  Shoe still looked new but it started to fall apart on me tonight.

Strangest thing too.  This is not the shoe, I'm just using it as an example.

Clarks Collection Leather Slip-Ons - Cora Dream - A391067

If you look at this shoe you see the black sole is stitched on.  Right above the stitching is a tiny bit of the sole.  Well, that's what starting cracking off of my old fisherman sandals.  I guess after 12 years I should expect it to get brittle, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

My first pair of Clark's sandals did something similar, Bernie.  I had them for many years, so I couldn't really complain, but it was so weird for the bottom of my shoe to literally fall off.  I thought maybe it was due to it being so dry here, but maybe not.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (MARCH 25)

Birdmama---they look so pretty. I gave up on putting up the birdhouses since the ones around here prefer the umbrella planter and door wreaths. LOL I did make a hanging basket and put some ivy in it. It's the bird condo because we usually have 2 couples sharing. I love the little birds. They are hard working for sure.