Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Friday, MAR 9)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is a nice day here -- a few clouds, but should reach the upper 70's.  Again, my type of weather.

I'm back from my "Strong Bones" class, and I'll be leaving to visit DH soon.  I have another class this afternoon -- sort of a history class.  Then, I plan to do some grocery shopping.

No TSV for me -- I think it is sort of cute, but I don't think I would wear it that often, and I thought it looked wrinkly on the TV.  I know I'm old school, but I would feel the need to iron it, etc.  Hope any who order it enjoy it very much.  Also hope the weather is okay where you are.  The last time I looked on FB, Marijane's power was still out.  Fingers crossed it is restored soon.  Good luck to twinny with her PT.  I don't think you needed to join family members in PT, but I guess it is too late.  LOL

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Friday, MAR 9)

Hello friends!  Linda - thanks for getting us started today.  I hope that you enjoy your visit with your DH and that he's doing well today, as well as enjoying the history class.  I probably wouldn't enjoy your strong bones class, but I'd like the history class, lol!

Yesterday went well and I enjoyed visiting with my old friends.  Just wish that I had felt better. My DD bought several tops that she needed for work so the day was successful for her too.  For dinner my DH ran out and picked up some fast food for us.  My cooking might be hit-or-miss for a while.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who might find shopping resistance lower at certain times, including not feeling well.  I am trying to become more "aware" of possible triggers.  Same thing with overeating, because overshopping and overeating often go hand-in-hand with me.  Bernie - I hope that you really like the special book about Prince.

I have no special plans for the day.  Probably just a mixture of easy chores and resting.  Might get caught up on some reading too.  Waves to all and hope that today is pleasant!  ~  Charlene 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Your weather sounds great to me, so you made a great choice to relocate. Glad the Strong Bones class went well; you definitely live a healthy lifestyle. I guess the TSV is selling well but it was an easy pass for me.

Charlene--Good job on becoming more aware of your shopping triggers. I'm glad that you had a good outing yesterday. Carry out, take away or whatever you want to call it is a great substitute for cooking when not feeling well.

I've spent the day doing odds and ends as time is flying and the trip will soon be here. Available time to relax is coming to an end as I work every day except weekends before the trip. I have an orthopedic appointment tomorrow which is about 70 miles away. Snow is forecast but is expected to track south of me.

I took my saved change to the bank as it was getting too heavy. I now have $200 in cash tucked away in an envelope for my next travel time. It is amazing how change given back can add up but not noticed when saved. I did sent the earrings back despite how much I loved them. The easy pay was around $30 a month, so I could tuck that $30 each month in the envelope also since it would have gone toward the earrings. That would represent $150. It is a question of priorities. I love to travel and the time to do that will soon be gone. Time passes so quickly!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

http://storage.ubertor.com/shamre.myubertor.com/content/image/12603.jpghttps://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/happy-weekend-sign-tags-colorful-concept-word-letters-d-illustration-white-background-69201505.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the reminder. I'm one of those who loves Daylight Savings Time. It is so great to have the added daylight at the end of the workday. I actually don't change my clocks except for the ones that automatically change. I have the time on the cable box to remind me of the current time as well as my cell.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I am glad that you enjoy your strong bones class.  Our weather is sunny & we haven't had any bad weather.  Our sil has had bad weather in Boston.  He is at a business trip & they didn't have power yesterday at his job or his hotel.  Things are better today & he should get back home late this evening.  Our ds & ddil didn't lose power so that is a good thing.  I don't need or want the TSV either.  I hope that your DH is doing fine.

Jean,  yes the earrings savings will be fun $$  to use on your upcoming trip to London.

CERB, I am sorry that you are under the weather, but it sounds like your DD did some fun shopping.   I mostly do stupid fun shopping whenever I have a painful medical procedure done.  

Meallen, I had no idea that we put our clocks back tomorrow night.  Cute graphic!

I had my PT yesterday & I am somewhat better today.  I can drive so that's a good thing.  I get my PT treatments next week on Wednesday & Friday.  Today's medical procedures amaze me in a good way.  I just don't do as much housework.  

I got groceries this morning & then had lunch out with friends.  Then I hot tubbed & used the heating pad.  Now I am watching our HS girls basketball team on TV & they are losing.

Tomorrow we are going to watch our dgd play indoor soccer & then we are all going out for lunch.  Emily will be 13 next Wednesday & it will be our 48th wedding anniversary.  She was a wonderful anniversary present & our 2 dgs's were both birthday presents for me in January.  It will be fun have 3 teenaged grandchildren.

Marijane, I hope that you soon have power, but I think that you have a generator.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Congratulations in advance on your 48th wedding anniversary. Children are a wonderful way to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. I'm glad the PT is going well for you.

It sounds as if the snow is going south of me, so it is looking good for the trip to the orthopedic tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, good luck at your appointment tomorrow.   Glad that the snow is missing you.  We have no snow again & we are at least 12" below our normal snow fall total.