Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY)

I am wearing those inside out Joeseph Esposito hoops - I think they are also 100 facet because that one usually got me. One of my favorite ever pairs!

I DO still love my jewelry, but if I'm not wearing - out it goes. I have a big baggie to send off to someone in hopes that they will take a few and pass it on. Have been praying on who to give it to.

Trusted Contributor

Oops... I said ""Anthony"" instead of Joseph....DH has a cousin Anthony E. LOL and I had just read a post from him on FB....
Respected Contributor

Jean, you probably did hit an off day - Quinn's was the favorite of just about everyone I knew who lived in Kona.

The friend I'm having lunch with tomorrow called to say she has to make it later as she has an appointment, which works out well - whereas I felt a little funny ordering a Painkiller (fabulous drink!) at 11:30, 2:30 works fine...and with the later time the other friend will be able to join us.

Still don't know what I'm going to do today, apart from make some Sloppy Joes for dinner and something (cupcakes or donuts?) for my friends...

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Good that you mentioned the Garmin. I will want to update my maps as well for my trip to Maryland at the end of the month. Fortunately DH had a micro SD card for me to use last time. or I would have had to order one from Amazon. Not that is a problem, just that I was looking to finish the job right then rather than wait a couple of days.

Have fun selecting activities for your trips. It is fun thinking about trips and what you will be doing.

It is a hot day here -- they said maybe this will be our first 100 degree day or it may "only" make it up to the upper 90's. It is very dry here. Early next week it should turn cooler (80's) and windy again. I certainly don't enjoy the big winds. But, it beats the flooding that DD is having in her area or the fires they are having in California, etc.

I do the same thing as you and Marijane do -- pay off my credit cards each month. I have never let my rewards get that high (at least I don't think so), but I usually try to wait until I have at least $100.

Coral sandals sound really nice Marijane. I liked that color in the recent Clark's TSV, but exercised restraint and didn't buy them. Unlike you, however, I do have and wear lots of black shoes, etc.

Hope you have a very nice weekend with your DH Kathleen.

Hi Arlene -- your weather sounds too cold for me. Glad your classes are going well, despite the one that isn't your favorite.

Waves to twinny, Susan, LindaR, Rosa, Karen, Val, Sonya, Gayle, Nancy, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Our art museum trip yesterday was very nice, and then I went to the gym (DH didn't join me.) For some reason, I had lots of trouble getting to sleep last night, and I may take a short nap before we go to the free movie tonight -- "12 Years a Slave." I also plan to go to Curves. We had a nice walk this morning, and I went to an introductory meeting and luncheon at my church. We are starting a new lunch program in July, and I think that I'll be able to volunteer. It is only twice a month, which should help, and it isn't on Tuesday when I do my senior lunch program volunteering.

Have a good evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--I might try Quinn's again, providing the rest are in agreement. Painkiller? My favorite painkiller is a lava flow; I prefer it to a mai tai.

Linda--I also have cash back accumulating at FatWallet. I haven't cashed in for a few years, so I have over $600 waiting there for me. I plan to use it on the Kona, HI trip.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean, I usually got the shrimp platter at Quinn's, although I had the ahi a couple of times.

Here's the recipe for the Painkiller:

Painkiller

Shake or stir ingredients, and pour over ice in a tall glass. Sprinkle nutmeg on top, and serve.
On one of our vacations in Hawaii we spent a few days on Oahu, as my husband was looking for a job there. It rained every day, and we were bored! One evening we went to the Kobe Steak House and I had a drink called a Hawaiian Sunset, which was very good. From there he wanted to go to the hotel bar, and sat out on the lanai. The waitress - a young girl - came to take our order and I said, "I'd love to have a Hawaiian Sunset." She sighed and said, "So would I, but it's been raining for the last two weeks!" {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Posted on yesterday's board by mistake.

Hi Christine and welcome! Please post anytime.

Christine16

I'm new to this board as I'm usually on the beauty board and I wanted to see about other boards here. I was doing really well not shopping for about six months and I've stared shopping again. It's so hard once you start up again but I agree that you do have to take it one day at a time It's been rainy, cloudy, and cold here in Indy. It's better than snow but I am ready for some warmer weather. The wind chill yesterday a.m. Was 38 degrees - yikes! Well I hope you ladies have a great weekend ahead and I hope you don't mind if I start checking in here.

Trusted Contributor

Arlene. I have had a Painkiller in the BVI but like Jean I prefer lava flow. Welcome Christine..please stop by anytime....have a nice weekend and your weather improves.