Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY)

LiveHealthy, I haven't seen you on the boards lately. In answer to your question, my disorder CIDP is also an autoimmune disorder. They don't how you get it therefore, it is hard to treat. They say the chances of getting it are 1 in 500,000. My symptoms at first were tingling in my fingers. I thought I had carpal tunnel as I had keyed for about 30 years at my job. I had to immediately quit my job and I hadn't missed a day of work for over 10 years until this illness came along. Nobody in my family has ever had anything like it and I hope none of them ever get it. Within 3 months of my diagnosis, I was wheel chair bound or bed bound. I was only 53 (almost 13 years ago) at the time. My DH is one year older than I am so when he reached 55 he was able to take early retirement from his job of 32 years. It was either that or get me 24/7 healthcare. Yes, it is amazing that I can do what I can do as they said I may never walk again. I have faith in the Lord to take care of me, a wonderful DH, and two great kids whom are both in the health care field. My church family is great as are the neighbors & friends. Believe me it has taken a village to get me where I am today, and my DH calls me "his million dollar baby!" My treatments are very expensive, but we are just so glad that they sustain me treatment to treatment. I thank God every day that I can get out of bed & walk, and we take it one day at a time.

Hugs to all of you.