Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, SEPT. 4th)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope everyone has had a nice day.  Very hot here -- currently 106 degrees, and we have excessive heat warnings until Monday night.  I don't think I am having hot flashes, but a few minutes ago I just started sweating like crazy.

My bedroom and "office" are almost all back to normal with some reductions due to trashing and deciding some things can be donated.  It is nice having a little extra room/less clutter.  

I did my hospice volunteering this morning, and I picked up a DVD that had been on hold at the library.  Also went to the ATM.  There is supposed to be a neighborhood sing along starting at 6:00 p.m., but I don't think I can handle the heat and sitting outdoors (socially distant).  The birds nest on top of my outdoor light has been vacant for two days now, and I think it is a sign that the babies survived.  

Very quiet weekend ahead for me.  I like many Denim & Co. items, but no TSV for me.  Good thing I'm not too tempted since I have so many clothes.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, SEPT. 4th)

Linda-- Thank you for posting the thread. It is good that the rooms are almost back to normal thanks to the new carpeting and some decluttering as furniture was moved.

I also did not cave on the TSV. I did get my new window bird feeder. I will put install it tomorrow. I needed to go to the drugstore to pick up a prescription but was enjoying home too much. I did get in 66 minutes of exercise according to the FitBit.
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, SEPT. 4th)

[ Edited ]

Sorry this is so late.  I had a dental cleaning appointment yesterday - no cavaties and nothing to scrape off my teeth so I was happy.  Won't be seeing here for 6 months, lol.

Plumber came.  $200 for 30 minutes of work.  I'm still feeling some kind of way about that.

I pulled the old cooktop out yesterday and started working on enlarging the area.  Of course, when I enlarged the counterop with the jigsaw I had to go to the left which involves more layers of cabinetry.  I'll tell you what, I know how all of this is made now, lol.

I rented  a reciprocal saw today and in 20 minutes got some cabinet out below where I jigsawed.  Jigsaw blades are only so long so I needed another tool.  The cut goes across a bit to another section of the cabinetry and I need to take a little height off of two walls (one corner unit and one for silverware drawer and doubled shelved cupboard where I store my pots and pans.

I was scared to try the reciprocal saw on a horizontal cut because I would have had to be crouched inside the cupboard and I didn't trust that I could do it, just using a reciprocal saw for the first time.  Dremel tool to the rescue - takes a long time though and many sanding bands.

I'm getting good at holding the vacuum accesory hose in my left hand while sanding with the dremel in my right hand.  This is a pain in my rump and I keep telling myself that I'm almost there.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise