Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, SEPT. 23)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day and it may be Fall officially but we are still having above normal temperatures. I don't mind Fall; it is the season that follows Fall which I dislike.

I didn't buy the WEN TSV but I did buy the special duo of the WEN 613 mousse at a big savings. I'm still looking at the Basso faux throw that will be the TSV next month. I know I will get one; I'm just debating which one.

I'll be off in a little over an hour to sub the afternoon at an elementary school. I used yesterday to rest up as I wasn't feeling well and was exhausted.

I may go to the city this weekend but since I have two doctor appointments there on Monday, and then on Thursday, I may just keep postponing the "fun" trip. I think it has been over two weeks since I've been there.

Hav a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, SEPT. 23)

Hi Ladies!!!  Thanks for starting, Jean.  I hope you have a fun class this afternoon.  It is quite warm here today, despite the official change of season.  We are supposed to have cooler temps this weekend.

I am not buying the TSV either, although I am a Wen user.  My stash is adequate for quite a while, so it was an easy pass.  I love the DB throws and have a few.  I may buy some for gifts...time will tell on that.

Looking forward to the weekend, as we have been surprisingly busy at work, and I could use some "me time".  I'm not sure what I'll do, other than a Mets game on Sunday, but being away from my desk is ok with me.

Better get things wrapped up here...whatever your plans, enjoy the day!!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Karen--"me time" is very important, so I hope the weekend proves to be the time you need. I think the Basso throws would make great gifts. I consider a TSV a value only if I use all the products. I don't see myself gifting or selling the extras. Had the TSV had mousse and styling creme instead of the other items I might have been tempted. As it is, I have plenty of WEN but did need the mousse.

I am off to fun time with the kiddies. Have a great afternoon.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

http://public.fotki.com/KuteSmile/6_extras_made_by/extras--fall-wreath/fridayfallwreath1na.html

Honored Contributor

Hello all and thanks @KonaKat for starting. Hope you are enjoying your afternoon teaching.

We are also still having summer temps here. I was going to burn my brushpile today but it is just already too hot out there, so will wait till maybe next week and hope for a cooler day with no wind.

I don't use WEN or have any DB items, so don't know anything about either product, but hope you enjoy them.

I've made my eye dr. apptmt. as well as my women's cancer screening apptmt, all for the same day, which I get both of those things done in a city about an hour away, so to save on gas I set them one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. It will be a long day, but can do some shopping in between, so it will work out fine for me.

@ksmitty28, hope the weekend comes quickly for you, lol. I well remember waiting for weekends, when I worked. Hope you enjoy your "me" time. Well deserved, I'm sure.

@meallen616, very pretty graphic.

Nothing interesting going on here. I spent part of the morning installing my new drawer and cabinet pulls, or part of them, I have 32 in total, think there are 11 left to go. Now I need to work on the floors.

Hope everyone has a nice afternoon. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Afternoon All., Thanx @KonaKat for the start, hope your afternoon with the kiddies goes well, if it's the lower grades, they're usually delightful

Not much going on here today, it has cooled off some, but cloudy/dreary.  Did make it out to the store, now debating whether to start a project (or not)

Seems like everyone is looking forward to the week-end so good vibes coming your way

Waves/Hugs to All

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, It sounds like you have had a good group of angels this week.  Our DD said it is hard getting their kids up this week as it has been dark & dreary.  No TSV for me, but I saw a beautiful Teddy Bear set from DB at the outlet store.

Meallen616, cute graphic again.

Karen, I remember waiting for Friday to come when I was still working.  When we had a 4 day week, we looked forward to Thursday night.  I love me time too.

SNICK's, it has been cloudy ever since we got back home on Wednesday afternoon.  It is supposed to rain today & tonight, but so far just breezy.  I have had laundry out for the 2nd day in a row.  I hope to be done with all of it after tomorrow.

Spix, I need to buy some fresh fruit that I forgot yesterday.

DH &  I are eating dinner out tonight.  It was leftover BBQ for lunch.

Our overnight guests arrived a little while ago.  They are going to a local festival that we have never been to-20 minutes away & will be back later tonight.

I am getting caught up with sleep.

Yesterday I did some fall decorating.  I am so happy to say Good Bye to summer.  It is so nice to be in the 70's again.

Bird Mama, it sounds like work is manageable for you too.  You are a great $$$ manager & your mortgage will soon be a thing of the past.

I miss hearing from FHG.  Hopefully everything is all right.

Off for some fresh fruit that I forgot yesterday.  I will be fixing our guests breakfast tomorrow morning before they head back to the festival again before returning to their home.  It will be scrambled eggs,  toast, pancakes, fresh fruit salad & orange juice as I don't think that they are coffee drinkers.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope your subbing goes well, and you have.a relaxing weekend.  No TSV for me -- I have never purchased Wen -- just use the "drug store" products these days.  I used to use Nick Chavez, but I have not done so for a while.  

We are having nice weather today -- only the low 80's and partly cloudy.  I think it may be cool and dry for a while before the heat returns.

Waves to Karen, snicks, Essie, twinny, Kathleen, Arlene, Susan, Marijane, Charlene, Rosa, 3suvw5, Barbara, Gayle, butterfly, Bernie, LindaR, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I had a dentist appointment this morning, and that went well.  After lunch, I'll go to visit DH.  The hospice nurse never showed yesterday afternoon nor did she call.  So, I don't know what is up with her.  DH was fine yesterday afternoon, and we had a nice visit.

I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night, so I may need to take a nap later.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - looks like a lot of us try to combine errands when going downtown, it sure does make sense, saving both time and money.  Still summer here, although the evenings have cooled down a tad.  It's supposed to reach 100 degrees this weekend.  

I noticed that it's time to trim goat hooves again, so I gave Cocoa and Cleo their pedicures today.  My DH trimmed Sunshine's.  I always get a blister trimming hooves, so the rest will have to wait.  Not much else going on today.  No complaints.  Sometimes no news is good news.

I hope the rest of you are doing well and being thoughtful about making purchases.  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

@cerb

You have the hooves and I have the beaks and feet.  Well, beak and feet for Grayson the pigeon and just beak for Poppie.  Actually, Poppi my 11 year old sparrow threw me a bone last month and used his cuttlebone.  I joked that it was his birthday present to me.

So far this month, he's groomed his lower beak.  Still encouraging him to gnaw on one of the many grooming perches, cuttlebones to get rid of some of the upper beak.

He's prone to scissor beak since he was 3 months old.  He's so old now and has become vocal and likes to screech when I pick him up, which is no easy feat.  I don't clip his wings so it's me waiting for him to perch, turn the lights out - make sure the room is dark and then sing for 10-15 minutes until he starts to nod out and then I grab him.

It's hard on him and I nearly need a nerve pill.  Been doing this most of his life and neither of us have the nerves we used to have.

What we do for love, lol.

Work was busy again today.  Glad the weekend is here.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise