Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, SEPT. 20)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a sunny day and one that appears to be cool. After all the rain in June, we are now experiencing a month of no rain.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the Texas residents experiencing the rainfall from Imelda.

Linda--I think a pedometer would be fine for your trip. For some reason, the current FitBits are having issues. If I compare the info on the phone app to that of the info on the Fitbit web desktop, the desktop is more accurate as is the Windows version of the app I downloaded to my computer. For the first time, I am considering a Garmin but my other FitBit worked so well. As to taking your Kindle e-reader on the trip, I take mine all the time with no problems. I just make sure I have downloaded all I think I might want to read. I also take one of those battery chargers that can charge it if necessary. 

It may be Logo's 10th anniversary on the Q but I have yet to order anything from that line.

I worked the afternoon yesterday and I was very tired when I got home. The classes were not a problem but the distance I had to walk some special needs students to the bus and then to parent pick up amounted to almost a half mile in 20 minutes. I wasn't used to walking without resting so it wiped me out. One of the problems with AFib is the breathing problems because the blood isn't delivering the oxygen as it should.

I may go to the city today for an outing and to get my nails done and to pick up some groceries.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, SEPT. 20)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat   It looks like I'm in for a nice weather here too.  I started watching the Q in 2008 and I remember when LOGO debuted.  Ten years already, wow, that was fast.  I've never tried the LOGO line and I know it has a devoted following. 

I hope anyone ordering the TSV is happy with their purchase when it arrives.

I haven't gone grocery shopping in 2 weeks and even though my fridge is rarely packed, you know it must be empty if I think it looks pathetic Woman Very Happy  I've been working on my shopping list and will take care of that this morning.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it's another beautiful sunny day and it is supposed to be in the low 80's today.  

I have a cousin & his family in the Houston area & it's terrible there.  Luckily we were in the Northern part of TX a few days ago.

So far since we left home we have only had a few sprinkles & that was in NM.    My friend that lives in IL, but only 20 miles from us emailed me last night saying she hopes that we don't get into a flooded area in our way back home.

We  got to Branson yesterday before lunch.  So far there is very little traffic.   We got tickets for the Baldknobber's last  night which were celebrating 60 years in Branson.  This is the first show that we took our dc to 41 years ago.  

We are going to see the Son's  of Britches this afternoon.    We saw them 3 years ago & they had a wonderful inspirational show & took lots of wonderful requests.  Then we are going out for a nice dinner & calling it a day.

There is a huge outlet mall down here that we found yesterday.  I bought a red/blue plaid shirt for $20.00 & my DH bought a Route 66 shirt.

Marijane, your soup sounds great.     Too  bad your pool is closed.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you were tired from the walking yesterday.  Hope you have a good time in the city, if you decide to go. No TSV for me either.  I am another one who has never purchased a Logo item, but I know others love the styles.  

So far today, my FitBit is doing fine, but I am turned off by the problems I have had with this one -- steps being removed, etc.  I have the phone app and the computer app, but I think the problems are mostly the device itself.  Pretty much decided against wearing it on my trip.  In fact, I may not wear any device (even a pedometer) for a change.  I think I get too obsessed about steps, etc., and I don't want to worry about losing something.

Thanks for the information about the Kindle.  It seems like many people use it with no issues, and I do enjoy reading every night -- helps me get to sleep.

tt felt cool here this morning -- low 60's, which was nice.  I think it is supposed to get up to the low 90's with no rain.  Like you, I am praying for the people affected by flooding in Texas.  

I think I need to be more like you in terms of the refrigerator, Bernie.  I have a problem with having too much food, especially for one person.  I am working on it, but......

Sounds like you are having such a nice trip, twinny.  I have never been to Branson, but it is on my "wish list".  I keep seeing plaid shirts in all the stores.  Trying to resist buying another.

I had my exercise classes this morning, and plan to pick up some produce at the grocery store(s) in a little while.  DD bought tickets for herself and DGD to go to Downton Abbey at the local movie theater tomorrow, and she talked me into doing the same.  I will be going on Sunday afternoon.  I'm very excited -- haven't been to a movie in ages, and love Downton Abbey.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

We finally got a good rain while we were at the theatre.  The Subaru got kind of a free car wash.

Bird Mama, I think that you mentioned quite a while ago a car product to get the dead bugs & gunk off of the front end of your vehicle.  We have traveled almost 3,000 miles & the front end is full of yellow stuff.

We had a fun time at the theatre before the show started.  My DH was coming out of the restroom and a guy came up to him and said "I know you." My DH didn't recognize him but It was a former pastor at our former church.  They live 90 miles from Branson & are up here for a couple of days. 

We had a good visit after the show & found out that they are moving back to WI in November.  I hope that we can reconnect.

The show was excellent too.  Dinner out was nice, but the restaurants were all very busy by the time we got there.

I tried to post earlier, but It wouldn't go through 

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   It wasn't me who mentioned the car product.  It was @KonaKat  Jean and I can't remember the brand name.  Hopefully Jean will post it when she sees this.

Esteemed Contributor

I think (not sure) this was the product Jean recommended.  I had put it on my Amazon wish list, but have not purchased it yet.

Green Gobbler GGCSAT20 Waterless Car Wash Towels + 2 Microfiber Cloths

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte   Green Gobbler sure does sound familiar Woman Happy

@twinny70 

Green Gobbler GGCSAT20 Waterless Car Wash Towels + 2 Microfiber Cloths