Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, OCT.29)

Hi Everyone!

Well, it's raining and cool today. This was a change in the forecast. I'm happy that I did the rx pickup and grocery shopping yesterday. Today it's all those little oddds & ends that take longer than you think to complete.

Twinny70---I'm glad that you have the IRA phone call completed. A few years ago I switched all of that $ "stuff" to our DIL boss's firm. Such a relief to have quarterly phone calls and followups. 

Sorry your DH has lens proglems. I'm extremely nearsighted. I gave up on contacs and went back to glasses for now. What I have found is that some of the OTC readers work as well as my contacs did.It might be a  quick fix if he's waiting for moths for his rx.

KomKat---I'm glad you're gettting some rest. I love to read but put it on hold until the home projects are completed. It's my biggest treat to myself. 

LindaLatte--Hope your pest spraying goes well without any rain issues. You certainily keep busy with your hospice deliveries and the gym. I received 3 Lands End catalouges recently as well as LL Bean. I used to order from them all the time. Can you tell me if siziing runs 1 or 2 x up from QVC sizing.  I also fround a company called Duluth Trading. I usually order clothing for the men in the family but they have a women's line now. The quality and shipping has been great. 

Tonight is meatloaf for dinner because ground beef was on sale ( or what they call a sale now). Soup was on sale (3/$5) and I found a few "good" flavors to put in the cart. Cauliflower and broccoli was $5 /potatoes were up $2 per 10lb bag / Ambrosia apples were $2.59 /lb so I got 2. The oneycrisp were $5 ea. I did find strawberries and blackberries for 2/$5. I love my fruit & vggies. The chees chunks (Kraft, etc) were up $1 ea. We are cheese hounds in this this house. (My husband's father was a cheese maker in the past) My total was $50 higher than "usual" and I save $48 on coupons,specials,etc. I felt the price increases but the pantry is fairly stocked so I'm not stressing this week.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, OCT.29)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad you were able to restock.  Some of the prices in your area sound outrageous.  The honeycrisp apples I bought were on sale, and a bit less than $2 a pound.  They are big apples, but I was able to get two for that price.  And, broccoli and cauliflower (I bought both) were $1 a pound.   These were not organic, so I imagine organic would have been higher.  But, not $5 a pound.  Yikes.  You got a good deal on the strawberries and blackberries compared to our prices.

DD told me that it is raining heavily in her part of Maryland, and I think several places in the Mid Atlantic are having bad storms.  Our weather continues to be nice.  A little warmer today, but it should be cooler tomorrow.  We could use rain, but none is predicted.

I haven't purchased many Q clothes lately, but I think that going up one size for Lands End clothing would be plenty.  Lately, I have ordered small and or petite small (same as here), and they have been big enough for me.  It does make me nervous, but no issues so far.  I do check the measurements and reviews before ordering.  Also, I do not order pants because I had trouble with LE pants years ago, and I have found Q and other brands that work well.

The pest control spraying went okay, and within the time frame they promised.  But, I had a most disturbing call before they came when they told me that I hadn't paid my annual bill.  Actually, it was paid back in June.  And, they had misplaced my first check, so I gave the second check to the owner when he came for the inspection.  The lady who called is the wife of one of the owner's brothers.  Anyway, I was madly looking through my records and checks (on-line), and was able to provide the exact information.  

I think I will try to do a little cooking before I go to pick up the Walmart order for the hospice caregiver.  Fingers crossed there are no hassles with the pick-up.  It has worked well the first two times.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, OCT.29)

Hello all, it's been a fairly quiet week for me.  Good to see that we're all hanging in there.  We had heavy rain at the beginning of the week and then a couple of nicer days mid-week; back to rain again today.  Considering all of the bomb cyclones (new term to me) hitting the east and west coast I have no complaints.

I had my mechanical and electrical inspections yesterday for the new furniture and A/C installation and both inspectors gave me 'approved' stickers.  Glad that's done and behind me.  

I went grocery shopping today.  All I can say is good thing I don't eat lots of meat - some of the prices are crazy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise