Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, OCT. 18)

Good morning, shopping friends. I had a good night's sleep as I met my sleep goal of 7 hours. I am starting to get ready to go to the city for my cardiology appointment. I will arrive in time to have lunch with my cousin before the appointment.

I did get the shoes that broke my non-buying of wants streak. A371907. I bought the clogs at a lower price than now to wear in the house, but these are really winners. This is one of those items I am tempted to have more than one just in case they disappear from stock in future years.

I just turned on the Q to see them selling the mega size of the Philosophy Purity. I bought that when they last featured the mega size. It is evident that I don't bathe in it as I still have it remaining. I transfer it from the huge bottle to a smaller Purity cleanser bottle for easier use.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, OCT. 18)

Hello Ladies, good luck with your drs apt Jean.  I had also bought those clogs and received them a few days ago, I got the black ones.  i had my eye on the olive ones when I received the sv email but waited....sorry to say I waited too  long on the day of the presentation as they were completely sold out.  I have several pairs of boots and sandals from that line that like them a lot.

It is bright and sunny here but expected to get pretty cold tonight so I want to get out in my garden and get some flowers in before  they get zapped with the cold.    Not much else going on.......have a nice day...Marijane

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Jean, good wishes are being sent your way in regards to the cardiologist appointment.  I hope you have a good lunch and visit with your cousin.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Marijane, I was tempted by the TSV clogs but I didn't place an order because I was concerned about the cork sole.  

Honored Contributor

I'm being challenged by 'wanty' today.  I received an email from JCP for their mystery sale and my coupon is 40% off.  I added a few things to my saved/wish list last night and managed to stay strong.

Most of what I have on my wishlist are what I consider staples:  jeans, cotton mockneck long sleeved tops by St. John's Bay, thicker fleece athletic pants for winter.

There is one thing that would be a wanna have or splurge.  JCP is calling it a coatigan.  I want it but I don't need it.  

Sigh.  Being good stinks Woman Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I also had considered those clogs in olive. The weather was so nice and sunny  today but tonight the chill is returning.

Bernie--I really like that coatcardigan or whatever it is called. It would be hard to resist buying it.

The cardiology appointment went well. I'm doing better than they expected so I don't have to go back for a checkup for six months.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean, I'm glad that you are doing so well and don't have to see the cardiologist for another 6 months.  

I cracked and ordered the coatigan and a pair of jean ($65 total).  The jeans will be fine, I've bought them before.  If the coatigan is a disappointment at least it won't cost me $$$ to take it back to the store.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  So happy about your cardiology appointment, Jean.  You have made a pretty fast recovery, and that is great.  Glad you and Marijane like the clogs you ordered.  I am a huge Clark's fan, but not clogs fan.

Hope you got your flowers in before the cold hits Marijane.  I have a couple of plants that I need to get planted.  

That is a lovely cardigan, Bernie.  I hope you like it when it arrives.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Unlike Jean, I didn't sleep that long last  night, but it was a little better than the previous nights.  

I had exercise classes this morning -- one sort of aerobic (but lots of balance) and the second was chair yoga.  The weirdest thing happened -- all of a sudden my right shoulder was hurting, but by the end of the classes, it was okay.  Now it is aching a little, but....  I decided to go to the gym not long after the classes since I was feeling okay.  Then came home for lunch.  Next I did some grocery shopping -- almost all produce.  My plan is to make some vegetarian vegetable soup that I can have for the weekend and freeze for later.  

It is nice here -- in the 80's now, but started off cooler.  Tomorrow is the Alzheimer's Walk plus a hospice visit.  So, I guess I will be hopping.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda