Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, OCT. 11)

Good morning, shopping friends. I slept very well last night but awakened at 4am, so I decided to use the early morning hours to do some things around the house. One of the benefits of living alone is that one can do activities when the mood strikes. I wasn't sleepy so I decided to use the time wisely.

I did order the Earth Origins TSV. I plan to use them in the house as my comfy warm house shoes are a thing of the past.

Today is our school's Homecoming. I was chosen by the students to be the Parade Marshall. As a result, I'll be getting ready for that soon.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, OCT. 11)

@KonaKat   Good morning Jean!  Sounds like you'll be having a fun day today.  I assume it's warm there like it is here near Lake Erie.  We are enjoying 79 degree today, but it's our last day of a beautiful week.  The cold front is coming late tonight with rain, and tomorrow's high forecast is 56 and windy.  Ugh......fall is at my door!

I had my sixth prednisone shot in my left eye on Wednesday, 10/2.  This was the first one I've had where the shot was intra-ocular rather than inside the lid.  It doesn't feel as awful as it sounds, but the after effects were unexpected.  He said I'd see a lot of floaters with this one.  Well, I couldn't see a darned thing!  It was like a huge blanket was over my eye.....all I could see was a bit of light and dark areas.  Mind you, it was rush hour and I had to drive home in pouring rain.  Sheesh!

The worst part was getting my Mustang into my narrow one car garage.  As I had learned from having the detached retina, you have NO depth perception with only one functioning eye.  I could see the side of the garage with my good eye, but even with my head out the car window, I could only guess how close I was to it.  Somehow I inched my in OK!

My vision slowly started returning, but it was still so bad and sore that I ended up calling off work the next day.  My vision now is back to at least what it was before the shot with minimal improvement.  I go back on 10/30, so we'll see if the inflamation has changed.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning Everyone!

I was up super early again helping my male GSD up the stairs. He's lost his confidence since he was so sick (twice). He just needs reassurance most of the time but occassionaly he will stumble. It's a work in progress. We have an older home so the steps are steep compared to the code in homes now.

The weather has cooled a bit so my breathing was better. I was trying to get some errands checked off my list this week. Today, I think it will be domestic "stuff". Yesterday my computer crashed but thankfully my husband was able to repair it last night.

The gas company still hasn't installed the new meter which is delaying my fence project. I have to find a new fence company than the original one that I had. Even though they still hve the same owner they have nothing but poor reviews. I want to find a company that is within our area so it can be less travel time and more install time. That may be my project for today inbetween floors.

This weekend we are going to dig up the side walkway and put in a new section of pipe. We have some erosion underneath the slabs so I have pea gravel for the fill. I have my fingers crossed that none of the slate stones crack. I think we are behind the season on finding these. We only noticed it when we had the tree guys here. I may attempt more wall paper removal or not. I think that will be the last outside project for this year other than the maintanience items.

My husband is working from home next week so I will be without a computer. The good thing is that it will keep on track with no shopping. I am starting to see a difference. I reorganized my vanities so I could see how much body butter and bath gel I had in stock. I did the same thing with my makeup. (I'm a sucker for Doll10 lip products but have passed the last two times she was on) Fall really sparks me to reorganize and take inventory.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  

Esteemed Contributor

Laura--I'd like your temps. Right now, it is just 72 degrees. Oh, that eye situation is a frightening one. Perhaps in the future you might want to consider taking someone with you just in case you have visual problems again. I know the depth perception was a real challenge but I am glad you got home safely despite the challenges.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Glad you slept well, but sorry for the early morning wake-up, Jean.  That is quite an honor from the students.  Hope you enjoy the parade.  I thought the slippers looked nice, but I am not willing to order anything at this point.

Can't imagine having a shot in my eye, but I'm glad it wasn't too painful Laura.  I have "lazy eye" (left eye), so my depth perception is not good at all.  It made it very difficult for me to pass the parallel parking part of the driving test when I first got my license.  I always have to go to the eye doctor when I renew my license since I can't pass the test due to the depth perception problem.  

Sounds like you are making good use of your time without computer access, Fressa.

It was cool and cloudy this morning, but is sunny now.  Another good day -- private boat to a villas with lovely gardens, and then boat ride to Bellagio for a nice lunch plus shopping.  As I fearing my shopping avoidance ended there since I purchased a beautiful  silk scarf (mostly blue print), a T-shirt, and a tea towel.

We are going to a different town via a sort of train up the hill tomorrow, and then having lunch on our own.  We will have our Farewell dinner tomorrow night, and I will be going to the Milan airport on Sunday morning.  I am concerned that I won't get to the airport on time, but the guide told me she has done this often, and there is plenty of time.  Fingers crossed it works out okay.

This part of Italy is certainly lovely, and I continue to be happy that I signed up for the tour.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I hope your Fall efforts go well; not having a computer on which to waste time will help. I've never used the Doll 10 products but the presentations have been tempting. Steps can be tricky so it is good that you were there to help.

Linda--You certainly are generating good memories of this tour. You made a great selection. I do hope that you don't have any connection problems in getting  home. All will work out!!

Respected Contributor

@LindaLatte   Linda, it sounds like you're having a wonderful time!  I've never been to Europe, so maybe you could project your vision into my mind!

It's good to hear from someone who understands about depth perception.  Unless you've experienced it, people can't understand how you can see something clearly, but not be able to judge the distance.  I think I'm learning more and more to judge by the size of things.  At first, when my left eye vision started going bad, I had a hard time when cars would stop ahead of me.  It seemed like before I knew it I was so close I had to stop quickly.  I think I'm learning now, and I've even been bumping into less furniture!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am glad that you slept better even though you woke up early.  I like the TSV.  That's such great news about you being the Parade Marshall.  T

2blonde, we have had great weather all week until today.  It's rainy & cold.  I don't like the rain, but I am glad for the colder weather.  I am so sorry about your continuing eye problems.  Our ds had depth perception & had a difficult time getting used to his contact lens.  

Fressa, it's too bad that your computer crashed.  It sounds like you have lots of projects going on yet.  Good luck with all of them.

Linda L, your trip sounds fabulous as do your purchased items.  I hope that you have a good flight back home.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because of the great weather, it's been a busy week around here.

On Monday & Tuesday I washed windows & hung laundry outside.  On Wednesday we went to see our fun little polka band with friends.    They forgot to bring my bf's lunch so we all got a free lunch.  Our waitress got an extra nice tip.

Yesterday  I had my appointment with a dermatologist in Madison.    The mole that I wondered about on my stomach was fine, but she sprayed liquid nitrogen on my fore finger knuckle. I have been picking at a scab for a couple of months.  I am glad that I told get that I wanted a full body scan. I now have a blister, but  that is supposed to happen.   Then  we had a good lunch at The Pizza Ranch.

This morning we got groceries between rain drops.  We might get our first frost tonight.  I wore my new DB  water repellent jacket & it was perfect.

Hugs to all of you.

ETA:  We went to our favorite little town on Tuesday too.   We like to go every October, but last year we didn't make it.   We did a lot of fun looking in the different stores & had a good lunch.  Bought nothing.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, the day started out sunny and went downhill from there Woman Very Happy  We've had some drizzle and will be dropping from today's high of 71 to tomorrow's high of 56.

I stopped by the post office and then picked up a few things from the grocery store.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise