Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm watching Dennis pitch his TSV. What I'd really like to see is a nice faux leather jacket. The ones I have from Dennis Basso have experienced 2 to 3 years of wear depending upon the jacket. I think they can experience another year of wear but if the right style and price were offered, I probably would add a new one.

I'm not working today but that is fine. I worked 3 days this week and the past 2 days were super exhausting with no breaks yesterday despite a so-called lunch break of 30 minutes that did not materialize. I was covering for a teacher involved in a student assistance team meeting, which ran longer than expected because the parent was late to the appointment and then took more than the usual time. Another parent was waiting for their appointment, so the so-called lunch time disappeared.

I was looking at the long range forecast via several sites. Most are calling for colder than normal temps for our area as well as more than average precipitation. I am willing for that precipitation to go west to the California fires or the horrible Australia fires. 

I have my Lock n Lock TSV package in the car. I was so tired from work that I didn't bother to bring it in the house. I plan to buy packages of candy, put them in the Lock and Lock and give to the office staff where I work.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15)

Hi Everyone!

Update on my Sansung washer. It turns out it was the motor connected to the drain pump. My husband found a company that sells the part and found 1 video to show you how to install it. It came yesterday and we tested it last night. YIPPEE!!! It works. What a relief. Here's hoping that it lasts a few more years.

It's still cool here so I've been trying to catch up on errands and doctor appts., etc. I feel the best the colder it gets. I don't know how I get so far behind on errands because it seems like I'm always doing them. It's tlike the "to do list" --it never ends. LOL

We had our first buck running around our yard this morning so that reminds me I'll need to keep an eye out for rouge hunters in the woods. We have a herd of deer that bed down in our side yard next to the woods so they are easy targets. I had a scary situation the last year where two hunters with bows were chasing the buck around the neighbors pool and our side yard and garage windows. I was just taking the trash out to the garage and there they were in the window. I called the township and talked to them and they said to call the police. They clearly did not have an understanding of the rules.

Sorry to hear about the tough weeks that some of you were enduring  It can be so upseting when you are just trying to be understanding or do your job. I hope you can enjoy your weekend and feel some relief soon.

Enjoy your weekend everybody.

Esteemed Contributor

Freeza--Great news on the washer being repaired!!  The "To Do" list never ends but sometimes I ignore the list, and it gets longer, of course. I have deer than come down in my yard. They are so beautiful.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat   I've always considered teaching a 'calling' because the majority of teachers that I know give so much of their personal time and finances.  What a thoughtful gift idea for the office staff.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fressa   I'm so happy that you were able to repair your washer.  I'd be a basket case if I saw hunters trying to bag something in my yard.  I'm going to have to follow up now that I think about this (lol) but years ago there was a proposal on the books to allow hunting of mourning doves in a couple of counties - one of which is mine.

Mourning doves come by to eat in my yard and I remember when I heard about the proposal I thought, well, shoot in my yard and you're gonna get a surprise.  Even I used a wadcutter, I will fire back Woman Very Happy

Edited to add: the mourning dove hunt was put on the proposal and 69% of the state voted it down.  Honestly, what did a mourning dove do to anyone?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you have a day to recover from what turned out to be an exhausting work week.  I do not know what DB TSV is, but I think a faux leather jacket would be a good choice.  Not that I need another jacket.  Hope those weather predictions are wrong.

That is wonderful news about your washer, Fressa.  Hope you get many more years out of it.  It would certainly be frightening to have hunters in your yard.  I used to have a house that backed up to the woods that were populated by deer.  But, it was a park, and no hunting was allowed.  

There are lots of doves (not sure what kind) in my area plus other wildlife, but several are protected species, and hunting isn't allowed here.  Most hunters (including my plumber) go to areas East of here where it is allowed.  

I heard something about JCP trying to modernize one of their stores to include things like yoga, etc. to attract customers.  Of course, I thought of you, Bernie.  Sounds like a very expensive proposition.

Unfortunately, I have not reached the strong bones participant who broke her hip yet, but another member who was in a different exercise class this morning told me that she will be going to a rehab facility on Sunday.

I slept fine, but woke up around 4:00 a.m., and could not get back to sleep.  I'll probably be tired later.  The exercise classes went okay, and I plan to go to the grocery store(s) in a little while.

DD texted me that her nextdoor neighbor  had died, and there were all sorts of police cars on her street.  She didn't know (and still does not know) whether it was the husband or wife, but another neighbor (who has some connection with the police) said it was either suicide or an overdose.  They have two (or perhaps more than two) young children, so I feel very badly for the family.  

It was pretty cool on my walk this morning, but should make it to the upper 70's today.  They are calling for a big cool-down next week, with highs in the 60's or even 50's, and the possibility of rain.  We can use the rain, but I prefer the warm and sunny weather.  I'm sure our low temperatures sound like a heat wave to many of you, but.....

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda