Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, NOV. 2)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It was chilly on my walk this morning (40's), but I remembered to wear my gloves, so all was good.  It is nice and sunny, and temperatures should reach near 80 degrees today.  My kind of weather.

All my caregivers activities were good yesterday, and I did make it to the gym later in the day (around 4:15 p.m.)  I have gone late a few other times, and there seems to be a different crowd (younger) at that time.  Not all younger, but more than when I go earlier.  I figure they probably come after work.  I met a new guy there (working out on the machine next to me), and he was interesting.

One of the ladies in my caregivers group is planning to move to an apartment on the beautiful and expensive campus where the senior lunch program, etc. are.  She promised to come to our monthly lunches, but probably not our meetings.  I hope we can keep in contact since we have gone through a lot of the same things with our husbands.  She is having a memorial service for him tomorrow, and I do plan to attend.

I really like the TSV, but I don't think I could use four pairs of them.  I hope any who order them like them very much.

This morning I have an OLLI class (Aztecs), and then I plan to do a little mostly grocery shopping.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, NOV. 2)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for starting the thread today Linda @LindaLatte

You are indeed having lovely weather Woman Happy

The caregiver meetings are probably a sad reminder of what happened to the lady's husband.   At least you'll see her at the monthly lunches.

I think it's fantastic that you continue to go to the caregivers meeting.  Even though disease progression varies among patients, those new to the group (especially) benefit from the experience of what others have gone through.  Linda, when you tell someone that you know how they feel, you really mean it.

I'm holding off on grocery shopping until tomorrow, the grand re-opening of my local Meijers (under construction all summer).  It was hard shopping there all summer when merchandise was moved daily so I'm taking advantage of any celebration Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

http://img1.picturescafe.com/pc/friday/friday_131.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I also think it is great that you continue to be active in the caregivers group. Experience is always valued.  I got home in time to see the TSV. I agree that I don't think I would use these. I do think I would prefer a Muk Luks bootie over socks.

Bernie--I do hope your remodeled grocery store lends itself to bargains and better organized shopping for you. I also need to do some grocery shopping

meallen--Thank you for the beautiful and appropriate graphic.

I have nothing exciting to report. I worked today and had great sixth-grade math classes. I saw on the home page that they had the Sistema mugs as a Christmas gift set. These are lareger than the mugs I have but I am considering them as they are the most fabulous kitchen item I have ever bought.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, It is another mild day, but rain is on the way.  My DH walked this morning, but I was saving my energy for mostly grocery shopping.  It is nice that you are active with your caretakers meetings etc.  You certainly have experienced it all first hand.

Bird Mama, it is the "pits" during aa grocery store remodeling project.  I hope that you find lots of goodies.

Jean, I am glad that you had a good class today.  It makes it all worth while.

We went to about 8  stores this morning.  They are all in the same area, but we are both tired.  It seemed like we were out of everything.  It was so nice in the hot tub.  

My bf"s dh had angioplasty done on Tuesday & needed no stents so that was good news.  He isn't supposed to lift more than 2# at once, but she said he is worse than a two year old.  He carried  his transport chair up  from the basement and it is too big to use in their house.  Then he lifted a bunch of 4# bottles.  My DH was just about as bad.  I couldn't trust him to ask for my help in & out of the house even though he couldn't walk by himself.

We are going out for supper tonight.  Tomorrow night we are having friends in for supper and cards.

This morning I altered a pair of peach colored jeans that I bought several years ago which I just used to turn under.    They were about 4" too long.  I matched them up this morning with a  Denim & Co. black gauze top/ tank top & my DH told me that I looked like I was ready for Halloween.  HUH?

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Your clolthing combo probably looked very nice but DH probably was just teasing since it was Halloween time. Shopping can be exhausting so I know the hot tub was relaxing.

I need my nails done and also some groceries, so I'll likely head to the city tomorrow and enjoy my last day of extended daylight.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@twinny70  As a Prince fan, I love peach and black together.  During the mid 80's (Sign O' the Times era), Prince kinda made peach and black famous.  There's even a Prince podcast called Peach and Black.

I'm sure looked fabulous wearing your peach and black Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean and Bird Mama, I was proud of my outfit and really surprised that my dh would say something like that to me.  I don't wear jeans, but these had same color eembroidery on the back pockets.  I usually wear the black outfit with white pants.  I guess that I did wear them too close to Halloween!