Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, NOV. 12)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is so good to have the forums back. It is a form that permits friends to connect, discuss purchases, recommendations, and events in each person's life.

Yes, I could live without the forums and even checked out the FB site but it is lacking the cohestiveness we have here. I skimmed it at times but did not find myself tempted to check it out each day, primarily just what popped up in my news feed. Change is in the air as the rumor is that Facebook will have a new name.

I see that my Lug handbag was being processed in the city shortly after Midnight for postal delivery by UPS but nothing indicates that it has left the city for here.

I am still fighting the fatigue left by the light Covid infection. I feel fine but when I go to walk from  the house to the car, I feel tired from that light effort. Carrying groceries from the car to the house is definitely an activitty that requires rest afterwards Part of the problem is that it has also affected my Afib, not in a manner that is dangerous but it also contributes to the fatigue.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely---and welcome back to the forums. Thanks to those who made it possible!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, NOV. 12)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean. Hope you can gradually regain your strength.  Even mild COVID is no fun.  For some reason, I was very tired this morning, but I'm perking up after a nice walk and big breakfast.  

My hospice deliveries went well yesterday, and I really enjoyed delivering small Veteran's Day gifts to six Veterans yesterday.  I also did my hospice mailings, so no "work" or classes today.  My only real plans are to clean and go to the gym.

I like KG's flexibelle jeans, and decided to order them in my regular size.  But, after seeing several hosts and models wearing them, I decided to size up.  I'm still trying to decide whether I should take a chance or just cancel the order.   They are certainly not a need, so I may well cancel.  Like you, I am waiting to receive the Lug bag, but mine is far from Arizona at this point.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I decided to cancel the TSV after all.  I hope any who order like them very much.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I do like the TSV based upon my having a similar paiir earlier. I did size up on that pair which worked well. If I were to order, I would size up. I see that you decided to resolve the issue by canceling the orfer. When in doubt, that is a good move. I decided I didn't need them so I didn't order. I am glad  you are feeling more energetic after your breakast and walk.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  I was having trouble getting on and I just gave up for a couple days.  I do not have patience with computer problems.  Sorry to hear you are still feeling effects of the Covid, hope they go away soon.  Hope you get your new Lug bag quickly, love the the feel of new bag.  

Linda - Glad to hear you felt better after your walk and breakfast.  I am a breakfast eater, I can skip lunch or supper, but not breakfast (I get cranky).  Good to hear all your deliveries went well, I am sure everyone appreciates you taking the time to do this.  

Not much happening here, I do need to get back to cleaning and decluttering.  I have started Christmas shopping and now need to organize what I have.  We are having a change in weather here, it has been so nice the past week, but change is in the air.  We may have a dusting of snow here tomorrow.  We will see.  I did make my appointment for my booster vaccine for next week.  Even though I am vaccinated, I still wear a mask into stores.  

Well off to watch some TV, hope everyone has a great evening.

Esteemed Contributor

KomKat---Hoping you are feeling a bit stronger each day. 

I agree with you about the Facebook site. I certainly missed the conversation and details that the Q site offers us.

Hope you receive your Lug handbag sooner than later. I ordered checks two weeks ago and finally received them yesterday. I always worry about a check order. Since I do most things on line I think I only order checks every other year. 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---I'm glad your hospice deliveries went well. so kind of you to remember the veterans. 

I did order the KG jeans and sized up one size. I haven't worn jeans in years. I think it was when KG had the crop style that I tried her line. I carry my weight in the front so I had trouble with the sizing question. I exchanged them for the next size up and they fit with with room to breath and drive and feel comfy. I'm hoping the jeans will be the same fit.   

Esteemed Contributor

PAlady---I'm with you on needing to get the dusting accomplished around here. I had decided that it was wasted energy until all the wallpaper was off the walls. We have a semi open floor plan so  in the middle of a project it just seems like dust goes everywhere. UGH!!!  I'm way behind on my last clear out for the donations before the holidays.  I'm hoping the cooler temps will bring up my energy level to get a few more chores checked off my list. 

Good luck with your "to do" list.