Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAY 6th)

Birdmama---I like the look of that hose but don't recognize the brand. I forget what brand ours are because it's been years since I replaced them. I swear by those fireman's nozzels but reeling those 150' and 100' hose in has lost it's thrill. The flexible steel hose always looks interesting to me but the reviews are mixed. 

We went with Generac which is now owned by Honeywell. I checked both brands in the Consumer Reports and on line reviews for the last few years. We lost power quite a bit last year and between the food loss expense and the lack of a/c for my breathing it was the last straw. Of course now the timing is wrong (price wise) but it wasn't as awful as what it could have been. The most important thing is that they just got in their shipment so install is 5/19. Hopefully all the guys will do the water heater and generator on the same day. 

The generator should power everything in the home and will self regulate itself for those power blips. I didn't want to have to go outside in the "wee" hours to flip a switch, etc. (not for that kind of $$) The price quoted includes a 10 year warranty and yearly checkups. Normal warranty is 5 years. 

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAY 6th)

@Fressa  I'm excited for you.  They have been advertising the Generac solar electrical set up on my TV alot and when I see it I think - wow what happens when I need to replace my roof?  If I went with a Generac it would be the gas set up that you chose.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise