Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAY 3)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  We are having very nice weather here -- sunny and hot.  It was not too hot when I took my longer than usual walk this morning, and I really enjoyed it.  

Not sure if I mentioned it, but the AC tech visit has been postponed until next Wednesday, so I am just expecting my annual termite inspection this morning.  I'll be going to the grocery store and bank after he leaves.

My Caregivers lunch and meeting were good yesterday, but there are certainly a lot of sad stories.  I heard from DH's DD yesterday, and her husband was getting over his first (hopefully last) kidney stone attack.  He didn't know what was happening, and laid on the floor for two hours before waking her up.  They went to the ER, and they sent him home with some strong medication.  Hopefully, the stones will come out on their own.  

Her older daughter is going on a foreign exchange year in Spain next Fall.  Of course, it is exciting, but I know the rest of the family will really miss her.  Her Mom (DH's DD) had spent a year in Switzerland (I think) when she was in high school, so I guess she is following in her Mom's footsteps.

The TSV sandals look nice, and I particularly like the idea of being able to convert them from backstrap to slide.  In my case, the backstrap is a necessity, but I know others (like twinny and Jean) don't care for them.

She hasn't posted here for a while, but I thought those of you not on Facebook might be interested to learn that Kathleen has found a full-time job in Texas, and she and her husband are buying a house in the area.  I think she is ready to leave the RV for a house without wheels.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAY 3)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I most certainly do remember Kathleen and I wish her the best in Texas.  

I hope that DH's son in law can avoid future kidney stones with an increase of water or a simple dietary change.  I've heard kidney stones are painful and most of the people I know who had kidney stones were male.  I don't know if there is a connection there or not.

I did my grocery shopping done yesterday morning.  There is quite a bit of construction in the area around the grocery store so I try to get in and out early.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

HELLO ladies....thanks for starting Linda ,your trip to the olive gardens sounded interesting.....I tasted a variety of different oils and some oils are really very good.  

I another who gets kidney stones Bernie, had my first attack several years ago...unfortunately it was too big to pass on it’s own so they had to remove it....out patient procedure....as a result I drink tons of water a day.  I did have another last yr.but passed it.

We have not seen the sun since last Sunday...every day has been cold,raw,foggy,rainy.....looks to keep up till this Sunday...we have had a fire going in our wood stove all week....I am starting to rust!     But..it’s not snow,

i still Am debating about the sandals Linda...although I am sitting in front of a fire with socks on right  now....can’t imagine sandals on.

Have a nice day.       Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I think you will make the right decision for you regarding the sandals. Kidney stones can be painful but I have had no personal experience but I do hope the problem is resolved soon for  your step DD's DH.

Marijane--I'm not quite ready for sandals either. Our weather is fluctuating too much. We are also having nasty weather after a couple of days of high temps and sunshine. I was in the middle of class when my phone went off with a severe weather alert. It hit just as school was getting out and I could barely see to drive home, however, now it is relatively calm but wet.

The Denim & Co. TSV has been tempting me since I saw it on Facebook a couple of days ago. I would love to have it but also am afraid that once I start buying again, I might be tempted again and again.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Some of your weather sounds pretty bad to me.  Glad you were able to get home okay, Jean.  I am not considering ordering the sandals --- I have quite a few, including the ones I just ordered from Amazon.  Unlike Marijane's and Jean's areas, we are totally into sandal season.  I do wear sneakers/running shoes for my walks and the gym, but sandals most of the time.

Like Bernie, most of the people I know who have had kidney stones are men, and I know they are painful.  Hope you don't have any more kidney stone problems. Marijane.  

I guess you are talking about the TSV "beach" pants, Jean?  They are an easy pass for me -- just not into wide leg pants, but I know they are a favorite for many.

My termite inspector was late, but he is such a nice man.  Still charging me the price he and DH agree to 10 years ago.  I offered to pay more, but he said he remembered his discussion with DH.  Anyway, he found some evidence of termites in my storage area (small closet sort of storage area in the back of the driveway).  Since he can treat it without my presence, he will just do it when he has a chance.  There is no extra charge since it is part of our contract.  Win, win for me.

I've finished lunch and now can head to the grocery store.  Have a nice evening!

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - busy day here so far.  I got some weeding and watering done, cleaned out the barn, accepted a big hay delivery, accepted delivery of a big tool box for DH's truck, did a bunch of ironing, and a bit of cleaning.  I'm kind-of taking it easy now.  Dinner will be pork chops, baked potatoes, and green beans.  Pretty simple.

On Facebook I posted a photo of my DD and our dog Harper, which some of you saw.  My DD took Harper to the clinic that day to remove foxtail stickers from her ears.  While Harper was there, a dog was brought in with severe anemia.  So Harper got volunteered to be a blood donor for a transfusion.  Dogs can get one "freebie" blood transfusion without having to do blood typing.  Harper was quite glad to get back home, and seems none-the-worse.

This past week I spent a bit of time each day rotating out some winter clothes for summer clothes.  I'm still not done with the project.  Partly because I have lots of clothes (shouldn't come as a surprise on our thread, lol), but also because I've lost enough weight that I have to try everything on to see what fits and doesn't fit.  Happy to say I still have plenty to wear, I'm just reacquainting myself with some clothes that have been in storage for a couple of years.

Tomorrow is Derby Day which I always love, but I'll be taking my Mom to a funeral, so I might have to record it.  

Waves to all  ~ Charlene