Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAY 28)

Hi Everyone!

We are having rain, rain and more storms. Cool temps for a few days are forecasted. I'm hoping the rain stops sooner than later so I can weed the gardens. If it's cool then I can be outside longer.

Yesterday I did some grocery shopping. It was great because not too many people were in the store. I just needed to pick up a few items for the long weekend.  Grocery prices looked a bit higher on most everything. The shelves were stocked the best since before the pandemic but still a few bare spots. Finally, the limit signs were down from the paper products but I wouldn't overstock on any product. It just was reassuring that conditions are improving. 

I did pre-order the Denim & Co skimmer pant in stone and navy. I need a few pair of capri since our hot weather has already started. I ordered up a size so I'm hoping they fit. I find in some clothing that the fit can vary from color to color. Fingers crossed.

We're hoping to grill out this holiday weekend. I plan on making the entire dinner on the grill like I did years ago. This running up and down the steps between the patio and the kitchen is too much. I need to plan the meal around the what I can put on the grill or make the side dish ahead of time. Hopefully, I'll be able to accomplish it. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAY 28)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Hope the rain stops so you can do your weeding.  No rain here -- none predicted for at least a week.  And, they are predicting a high of 98 degrees today.  Pretty normal for this time of the year.

Glad you got your grocery shopping done.  I've noticed prices going up at the grocery store and elsewhere.  I get pretty bummed when an item (like one I ordered on Amazon) has gone up in price since the last time I ordered.  Even a dollar or two isn't good.

Hope you are able to grill your dinner -- sounds delicious.  I haven't ordered the skimmers yet, but I am pretty sure that I'll be ordering those in navy.

My brother passed away 10 years ago today,  which makes me sad.  But, my nephew posted some nice pictures, etc. on FB.

Youngest DGS was getting his COVID vaccine (J&J) this morning, which makes me happy. 

I'm taking my car in for an oil change this afternoon, and really hope that is all that needs to be done.  I certainly haven't been doing a lot of driving since I had the oil changed last Fall.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Friday.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Fressa - Thank you for starting us today,  We also are having rain, a little windy and cooler temps.  I keep thinking this will be the last week of it.  I find as I get older I do not like the heat and humdity as much.  I am enjoying the cooler weather, DH not so much.  It makes it hard to get in the pool.  Our pool is heated, but not fun to be in in this weather.  

We did grocery shopping this morning, the store was empty.  I forgot a couple items and went back this afternoon and it is packed.  Glad I go the big order done this morning.  Good luck with your D&C order. 

Linda -  Sorry about the loss of your brother 10 years ago, but it is nice that your nephew put the pictures on facebook.  Hope you get a little rain in the evenings, you are probably short on rain already.   Glad to hear your GS is getting his vaccine.  This past Tuesday was two weeks after my second vaccine.  It is a little funny here to see the amount of people not wearing masks now.  I know some of them are not vaccinated, we have may in this area who don't trust the vaccine.  They don't know what is in it - yet they eat hotdogs and other processed foods and think nothing of it.  Oh well, hopefully we will be past all of this by the end of the summer.

DH's daughter and her family and his son and his husband are coming up for the weekend and so it should be a busy one.   Well off to do a little reading.  Oh, has anyone heard from Jean lately?  Hope all is well with her.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--Hopefully the good thoughts will outway the sad thoughts for you. I'm way behind on the car appts and the doctor appts. I am going to make the vet appts. first , the tree guy second and then sort the rest after all those. I still have to handle the real Id badge as well.  It makes my head spin..  

All of our utility companies have had notices of rate increases (again) in their bills. UGH!!! Why don't they put a freeze on them? Honestly.....At least the auto insurance decreased whidh I was very pleased. 

The two homes that were for sale (one on our street and one on the street below our hillside) sold within days of each other. I think they timed it just right. I'm seeing articles in our papers that the housing market is slowing because people are nervous what the banks are going to do. I just hope it doesn't hike our property taxes. We went thru that 6 months after we purchased our home. 

Enjoy your evening.