Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAY 26)

I'm so excited - UPS delivered my tea kettle, new dishes and new silverware.  I've washed and tried out the tea kettle (never used one before).  It's melodic which is good - don't wanna scare Grayson with it.  I've hand washed my dishes and they're on the rack drying.  

I need to wash the new silverware now.  While those pieces are drying, I will pull out the silverware organizer thing in the drawer and clean it out again.  While I am at it, I'll empty the drawer and check out my various things like flippers, spatulas and silicone spoons and decide if any of those need to go.

I'll wipe down the shelf in the cupboard and re-organize my dishes.

Been in this house nearly 16 years and I feel like I'm setting up a kitchen for the first time :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Your excitememt shows in your writing. There is nothing like getting something new to ignite enthusiasm for renewal, cleaning out, organizing, etc. I could say more but Midnight has been pawing this post via the keyboard, which means I have to correct his kitty spelling. Grayson wouldn't want a cat buddy, would he? I couldn't part with Midnight despite his mischief at times.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm in Davis CA today. Long 10 hour drive to get here. Nice to see my DD again. Graduation tomorrow!