Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAY 24)

Good morning, shopping friends. I just came in from bagging some of the trimmings  from the shrubbery as I needed a break. I need to return to it soon as I want it completed before the next rain arrives. The trimmings have already endured one storm.

I saw a pic of the pre-sale for the Belle capris. I thought I would take a look as I have a couple of pair from a previous TSV this year. Well, these are priced higher so suddenly the capris I have seen sufficient. I know I am not the only one finding it easy to order lately when the price tag is a "red flag."

Linda--I am glad that you were able to get the hearing aid replacement for the lost one. Most of those insurance things go unused, and as you said, you would still have to pay.

Twinny--I do hope you have found a cooler option for the rest of your trip. Perhaps the mountains in that area will do.

Bernie--I know you are also dodging the weather bullet as you do lawn work, as well as trying to resist the JCP sales emails. I think I got one this morning.

I'm off to pick up more trimmings after a quick lunch. No Q viewing today.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAY 24)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I hope your knee didn't bother you last night.  Good for you getting the yard work done.  Funny thing, like you I did look at those capris and thought about taking a chance on them.  But, the price was a turn off for me as well.  

For some reason, I just could not sleep until my regular time this morning.  So, I got up at 5:00 a.m. and started ironing.  Then, I re-organized and de-cluttered the cabinet under my kitchen sink.  It was a bit chilly when I started my walk (wore a warm hooded sweatshirt), but it was a long walk, and I ended up taking off the sweatshirt by the end.  I enjoyed seeing the vegetation and scenery here just as I had done in Maryland.  It is a lot less green here, but still lovely. 

It is supposed to make it into the 80's today and be dry and perhaps a bit windy.  But, still a lovely day.  I called my hospice patient's caregiver b yesterday, and he said they are looking forward to my visit tomorrow.  Later, the volunteer coordinator asked if I could stay with my patient while he goes to the doctor in early June, and fortunately, I am able to do so.

Since I purchased some new clothes during my trip -- capris and exercise pants, I plan to go through my closet and find things to donate.  I already found one item, but I think I should be able to find several more -- probably not nearly as much as Charlene found, but....... 

I found the polyester type tops and pants (Bob Mackie, Susan Graver, and Linea) worked very well on my trip, but the Denim & Co. shirt needed ironing.  So, I will concentrate on the polyester things for my trip to Italy in the Fall.  I also discovered that I could use a cardigan sweater in navy or black that doesn't wrinkle like the SG one I took.  That purchase will probably have to wait until Fall items are back stock.

Sorry for going on and on.  Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Friday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Just saw this post on the Forums intro:

A LITTLE HEADS-UP ABOUT SHIPPING…

We get it. When you order something, you want it ASAP. That’s why we’re revamping our delivery process. As we work through the changes, you may experience shipping delays on apparel and accessories. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience. We’re committed to resolving this issue quickly.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat  and Linda @LindaLatte  I don't even know what the TSVs are these days and that's probably a good thing Woman Very Happy

Yesterday when we were speaking about cats it dawned on me that even though I grew up in a multi-cat household, my cats have always been black cats.  My first cat was a black cat and her name was Midnight Heart  

I am so happy to report that I was able to get outside and cut my grass this morning.  The house looks loved again now, lol.  

I think they added the note in the forums within the last week Jean.  Kind of makes a person want to avoide apparel and accessories for awhile Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I think you are right that it is best to hold off on buying until we find the ramifications of the "improved" shipping and handling. A black cat named "Midnight?" I knew there was a cat vibe there!

Linda--I think you were having problems adjusting to the time change. Like you, when I can't sleep I get up and do something productive. We are of like minds when it comes to the price of those Belle capris. I certainly didn't pay that earlier this year.

Because it is expected to storm the next two days, I went to the cemetery 20 miles away to put flowers on my parents' graves as well as some other close relatives. It was certainly a long walk in the hot sun but now I can relax.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We left Gatlinburg right after breakfast and spent 3 1/2 beautiful hours going through The Smoky Mountain National Park.  The highlight was seeing 5 black bears, 2 cubs climbing up a tree behind their MaMa, 2 deer and a few wild turkeys.

It's another hot 90's day, but we are out of TN & looking forward to it being a bit better tomorrow.  It's a good thing that we have had lots of pools and A/C.

We had a good lunch at Shoney's so we are having a light supper at McDonald's.

Hugs to all of you.

ETA:  I forgot to tell you that I did something stupid.  We change drivers after two hours or so & when my DH was driving, I could hear a pinging noise.  When we stopped to do some sightseeing, I noticed that one of my cords to my "toys" was hanging out of my door. It was all bent out of shape.  It's a good thing that there was a Wal-Mart nearby so I could buy a new cord