Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MARCH 24)

Hi Everyone!

It's cloudy and cold today with more heavy rain in the forecast. Rain is predicted until Tuesday and flood watches are posted. The patio yard looks like a swamp. UGH!!! On the other hand---it's not icy ...yet. so that's the good thing.

The small order I placed with Perdue Farms arrived this morning. It was packed really nice for a food order and there was plenty of ice packets and dry ice. I ordered the smallest combo and I think it will work well for our needs. All the chicken was vacuum sealed and labeled.  There was also another coupon inside which always gets points from me. Just wanted to let everyone know how it went.

Kohl's was having a sale on curtains/drapes. The hubby mentioned that he needed it to be darker in his office room. The wood blinds and drapes were still letting some light thru that was reflecting on his screens. I ordered room darkening drapes this time. Who knew there were levels and types as to the amount of light, etc. I had light filtering drapes but he really needed room darkening. We got them up late yesterday so I'm hoping some of the wrinkles will ease a bit before I get the steamer. It looks so different down there but is a nice update. It also looks nice from the outside so it doesn't look like we have black lining on the windows. It will be interesting to see if/how that helps witht the heat/cold/sunlight as we move into Spring. 

I still have to decide a better solution of fencing for the side gardens. The deer are just ripping thru the vinyl enclosures and bending the trellis. I don't want them to get hurt --just move on to their usual spots in the yards. 

This afternoon is bill pay on line and maybe a bit more declutter and organize in the storage room. I was able to tackle the box that had all the outside extension cords, timers, etc. the other day. I now have them in seperate vinly bags that you can see from the doorway. YIPPEE!!  need to tackle the corner side where all the misc. drapery hardware and light bulbs are stored. I sure can have some fun around here. LOL

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MARCH 24)

I had an interesting experience on the fence installation front yesterday.  I received no calls ahead of time.  Guys show up with fence supplies and thought they were gonna slip them into the yard until they encountered the locked gate Woman Very Happy

They had to knock on the door which evolved into a call between me and the owner.  I would like to think I made myself understood because God knows I let the frustation that had been building over 4 months out like a poison.

How it ended:  Installation date is my choice.  I pick the date, call owner and give him date and he tells installation team and they get me on calendar.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fressa, I am glad that your Perdue order is a winner.  Sorry about all of the rain.  We have had off and on rain for a few days, but not a lot of rain at once.  We used to have room darkening shades when my dh worked on the 3rd shift and needed to get to sleep.  It looks like you are doing a good job with your decluttering.  I glad that your dgs got back from his trip a day early.  We celebrate quite a few yearly celebration's, but keep them simple.   We also buy things when we need them or it's something we have been thinking about for a while.  

Bird Mama, I am glad that your JCP clothes are all winners.  We are supposed to get 1-6" of snow between tonight and tomorrow morning.  We are going to let Mother Nature let it melt.  Good job with letting the workers know when you want them to come & do the work.  Knocking on the door is just rude.

The biggest blizzard I can remember was the end of April 1973.  It was my dh's birthday &  we lived on a dead end road that didn't get plowed for 3 days.   Luckily he was able to walk to work and I was happy to be home with our 3 month old baby girl and 2 1/2 little boy.

My CT scan on Monday night was over and done in 5 minutes after the nurse spent about 20 minutes trying to access my port without success.   She removed the needle as I didn't want her to ruin it as I get my next infusion the end of April.   I agreed to the IV needle which wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

I am patiently waiting for the results.  

My dh's knee is still bothering him.  I have been going to the gym alone and helping him as much as I can.   He is able to get into the hot tub.  Yippee.

Yesterday, I got my 2nd hepatitis B shot.  This time no sore arm like I had for 3 days with the first one.

We went to the outlet store & got (6) 1# pkgs of SF fudge for 99¢ each from $2.99.   I still get my employee 25% discount as I did 30 years in the data entry dept.  They were crazy fun years.  Now our retirement is crazy fun too.  

I put the snowmen away a few days ago and put up a few spring/Easter things.  Now we are under a winter advisory.🤔🤔🤔

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sorry about all the mud -- not fun.  It continues to be much cooler than normal here -- woke up to temperatures in the 30's, and it only made it to the 65 degrees or so. 

I had put my colder weather clothes in the spare closet, but took out some.  I think it is supposed to be warmer on Tuesday, but colder by Thursday.  Most of us are complaining -- at least most people who I know.

I found that it was best for me to pick my gifts, and my DH was happy since he never had an idea of what to buy.  I usually put them away in his closet until my birthday or Christmas, and often needed to remind him what they were.  LOL

I really need the room darkening shades for the "office" aka second bedroom.  And, I could really use some in the bedroom but haven't figured how to install some over the vertical blinds.  Not something I could tackle.

Sorry about the fence issue, Bernie.  I'm not surprised you confronted the fence company.  Hopefully, they have things straight now.  Glad you are so pleased with your JCP order.

Hope your test results are good, Glenda.  Also hope your DH's knee will be better and the storm doesn't cause any problems. 

I took my fellow volunteer (senior lunch program) out to lunch today, and we had a nice time.  She had recovered since not feeling well on Tuesday, and today was her first day back at the gym.  Now, her back was hurting a bit -- probably from trying to do too much after taking time off.

My eyeglasses were loose, so I went to the eye center and they adjusted them.  Later, I went to hospice to do some filing, etc. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---What an ordeal!  Goodness...you would think by now the owner would know that he couldn't bully their way thru the job on there preferred time.  That "stuff" just launches my rocket .  Outside installation of anything is so temperature sensitive IMO. It's either the surface or the materials that need to be at required temperature range or it never goes well and the warranty is void. Glad you still have the date you preferred. 

Esteemed Contributor

twinny70---Glad to hear your medical scans and appointments are progressing nicely. Sorry to hear your DH's knee is still bothering him. Good that he can get in the hot tub. That warm water has to feel good on that knee.

I think some nurse/tech have a "knack" when it comes to giving shots. I never can figure out if it's the shot reaction or the person giving the shot that gives me the soar arm. What a nice relief that this shot was pain free. You need a few of those within the year.

What a great deal you found on the fudge. I'm like that with the Lindt candy. I swear it calls my name at night and I have to have a chocolate "treat" before bedtime. I haven't had a craving for potato chips, etc. when I have the candy in the dish. LOL 

I finally put out a few Spring items. The birds have been really active with the usual spots and the front door wreath so we may have a record number of nests this year. I'm wondering if they remember where they found a spot from year to year. I know the deer establish their path from where they found food and water each year. They bring their fawns to the same two birdbaths to drink year after year. I have one in the front and one in the back since they seem to have a pattern.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, we both like a SF treat now and then.  This fudge is a rarity and I think it is a return which is then sold at our outlet store.  I have seen a lot of IM clothes which are very cheap as well as the shoes, but you have to have either a small foot or a large foot.

Bird Mama, I fooled myself when I said that we would be driving over the 6" of snow in the driveway.  We got 10" & my dh used the snowblower.  I looked out of the patio door and it looked exactly like somebody had put a 10" mattress on top of it.

I guess I put my snowmen away too soon, but we will be seeing them all around town.  We have been in this house for 28 years and have never had this much at one time.  It's just like what we had in the early 70's.  We all loved it and the kids had so much fun building snowmen and forts.

My GI nurse called me while we were in the hot tub & left a message saying that my GI Dr. wanted her to call me and say that my CT scan on my kidney was entirely benign and no scan is needed.  Ahhh!  🤗😁😀🤔😶. Thank you for praying and thinking about me.  It's been a rough few years and I do appreciate all of you.

Our main radio station has been out of order since early this morning.  Finally after we had lunch, I remembered that we have another local station.  Duh!  I have the radio on more than the TV.

Dh is napping.  The sunshine is out & it's a beautiful snowy day. 

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---Glad to hear the good news with your scan! 

Esteemed Contributor

Happy and relieved to hear about your scan results, Glenda.

Happy to report that Bev made it to the "Caregivers" lunch yesterday.  She is hopeful that she can get the new cancer treatment tomorrow.

Also happy to report that my Saturday hospice visit was much better than last week. "My" patient was back to her "old" self, and we had a pleasant visit.

Church and Bible study were good this morning, and I plan to go to the gym after lunch.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  so glad to read that your scan came back negative Glenda.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise