Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAR 6)

Greetings, shopping friends. I slept in until 8am this morning after not sleeping the night before. Today is a dreary looking day with snow expected in some areas. Sunday is expected to be sunny and in the high 50s or low 60s. Mother Nature certainly has been off her meds this year. This is the first time we have not had a snow day.

I ordered the TSV 2 days ago but it has yet to leave the building. I'll be watching to see what else the Q has to offer us on International Women's Day. I can't think of anything I need but wanty might tempt me. Resistance is not futile.

I have to go and pick up a prescription as the auto fill program alerted me to it being ready. I need to do some things around the house but I am not overly energetic right now.

Have a great day. Prayers for those ill and also their caregivers and those who have lost loved ones.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAR 6)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you got some sleep last night, but sorry about your dreary weather.  Our weather has been up and down a lot this year, but today is an "up" for me since we are expecting sunny weather with temperatures making it to the low 80's.  Sunday's high is predicted to be in the 60's -- not bad, but a contrast.

Hope you like the shoes you ordered.  Did you order the leopard?  I have a couple of pairs of somewhat similar Skechers that I like very much.  One replaced a black pair that wore out, and the other was purchased last year since I needed closed-toe "summer" shoes in a lighter color due to the compression hose.  (I know not really a "need", but....) 

Very happy to learn that Charlene's husband's prognosis is pretty good.  I am continuing to pray for him and the rest of your family, Charlene.  

It is great that you were able to do 10 minutes on the Nu Step, twinny/Glenda.  I'm proud of you.  Hopefully, you are feeling a bit more cheerful today, and you are able to use the elliptical.  I used one yesterday, and I think they can be a challenge in the beginning.  Some of my gym buddies never use the elliptical due to knee and other problems, but they are able to use many other machines.

My neighbor's husband who died at the end of January had all of his toes amputated (a few at a time) due to diabetes, etc.  He had a very difficult time walking.  I am praying for Marian.

Yesterday's lunch was nice, and one of the ladies and I decided to go to a "singles" gathering -- all women who are widowed or divorced.  She had been in my Caregivers group, and still goes out to lunch with others who were in the group.  Plus, she started going to OLLI classes this spring, and is really enjoying them.  She had a difficult time after her DH passed away (after years of dementia, etc.), and decided it was time to get out and socialize.  Very nice person.

I have an OLLI class today, and later I plan to go grocery shopping.  I need to pick up some OTC allergy medication and eye drops from Wal Mart since my nose has been running and eyes are itchy.  I think I am having seasonal allergies, and I only had a few pills left.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I laughed out loud (for real) when I read your comment about Mother Nature being off her meds this season.  I'm glad that you were able to get some sleep last night.

It was gloomy and drizzling when I awoke this morning.  Highs supposed be in the 30's with a chance of rain/snow.  It's a bit windy out there right now.  Tomorrow should reach mid 40's and Sunday should reach near 60 degrees.  Mother Nature is indeed having mood swings in my state.

JCP is doing another wonderful job this year as it relates to feminine clothing in the prettiest colors.  They sent me an email with a surprise discount and it looks like I got the maximum discount of 40%.  I'm dying here Woman Very Happy and I don't think I'm going to be able to resist.  I'm post photos of what I'm considering ordering.

I have one pair of pumps in taupe suede that I ordered from DSW last year for Zoe's communion.  I'm thinking of getting a pair of shoes that are a bit lighter in color for summer occasions.  I can't lie - I'm seeing the prettiest pale pink shoes available and the Barbie girl in me says oooh, I want those.

I do have some common sense and am thinking of going with something in a neutral color like bone.  I'll post pictures of those too (also from DSW).

For years I couldn't stand spring summer clothing and now JCP is back to knocking it out of the park.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   It's nice to read that one of the ladies from Caregivers group is ready to get out and socialize after her husband's passing.  I was working full time when my husband passed and even though my doctor got me some time off afterwards he was very insistent on me getting back into some kind of routine.  In hindsight I see the wisdom in it.  Have fun in your OLLI class today.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning friends - Jean - happy to hear that you got a good night's rest.  If you have to go run errands and pick up prescriptions, I hope it goes smoothly.  Say "hi" to Midnight for me.  Linda - your consistency in exercising has always been an inspiration to me.  I'm glad to say that I've been hanging in there pretty well with it.  My weight is maintaining, which I'm happy about, but I would like to lose about 10 pounds this year.  My doctor would like it too.  I would say that it's do-able.  We have an elliptical trainer at our house.  My DH bought it years ago and never used it until two months ago.  I don't use it.  it just feels uncomfortable to me, and not in a good way.  Hope the allergies aren't too bad.

FASHION - haven't bought anything in quite a while, except for those "as-is" Marc Fisher boots that were such a great deal.  I'm still very content with the clothes that I have.  In fact, with all the time recently in and out of hospitals/doctor's offices, etc., it's been easy to pick out clothing that looks nice and is also comfortable.  Grateful that I didn't have to worry about what to wear.

I have a day full of misc. chores to do.  In a few minutes I am going to go mix manure into a compost pile, which is always a fun way to start the day.  DH is doing as well as can be expected.

Waves to all  ~ Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Bernie, I think we posted at the same time.  When you post photos of the clothes you've purchased I can get a sense of how you dress and put outfits together.  I've always been impressed.  You're a good shopper.   Say "tweet" to the birds for me, or whatever it is you say to a bird!

Honored Contributor

Charlene @cerb   When you wrote about the manure and the compost pile I smiled.  After living with birds for going on 15 years, I'm pretty sure I have  PhD in their poo.  Woman Very Happy  After a while you don't even think about it Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Today was forecasted for snow. It is rain and hail and no snow. I'm not sure I'll do errands with the hail so I'll wait it out until the afternoon before I decide if it's "plan a or b". LOL

I will probably clean two bathrooms today. The third will have to wait until next week. If the weather turns nice then I'll bath the dogs down there in that one. I always scrub the bathroom after they are in there. 

We finally recieved our "official" filing of our taxes in yesterday's mail so I am relieved. Until we receive that copy and our original copies I always worry about the mail. It feels so good to file that stuff awayin the cabinet. 

We also recieved both fire/EMS comapanies fund drive requests and/or bills for services for the year. We have both townships that answer calls depending on the situration. The rates have really increased but new equipment was a definate need for them. I sure hope everyone sends something. Years ago my son and I had a house fire and hearing those sirens was such a sigh of relief. 

I was up before the dogs today. So I spent some time on the patio tossing two broken planters into the trash. I had foregotten to move them and cover them for the winter and they were falling apart. I heard on AM Style this morning that tomorrow is Garden Day on the Q.  I was taking inventory on what sprouts do I see and where. It's always a surprise for me because I'm a constant gardener in training. ha ha!!!  I'm still on th search for one more statue for the front porch garden. I think resin is the safest bet. 

I started running the flood lights at night again. We had no alerts last night from Thor. I'm considering returning to that routine even if I purchase another set of solar lights for the far edges of the yards.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening. 

Honored Contributor

St. John's Bay Cozy Knit Tee (Talls)  I will probably wear this alot.

Liz Claiborne Womens V Neck Sleeveless Blouse (Misses)  I need to make a decision between these patterns as I don't need both.

Liz Claiborne Womens Keyhole Neck S/S t-shirt (Misses)  I like this shade of green.

Worthington Womens High Rise Midi A-line Skirt (Misses).  It's long enough for me to be able to pull it off as a tall person.  

Worthington Womens High Rise Midi A-Line Skirt

St. John's Bay Womens Mid Rise Slim Pant (Tall).  I wear these around the house every single day.  It's a shade of gray that Presto (my bird that's finicky about color) tolerates.  They're a soft knit athletic type pant

St. John's Bay Womens Mid Rise Slim Pant-Tall

I thought about getting a light gray pair of pumps that would go well with the skirt I posted above.  Then again, matching grays can be funky.

I'm considering these pumps - Seneca style by Abella. Because I have a narrow heel I like a t-strap when I can get one.  Reviews indicate that this is one comfy pump.

Seneca Pump

Also considering the Sydney pump by Journee.  Journee shoes are known for being painful (lol) however these are highly rated.  These give me pause because I have a high arch/instep and I don't know about the strap location on these.  

Sidney Pump

Just gotta post the pink ones..... so pretty but not that practical.

Sidney Pump

Honored Contributor

Hi @Fressa We just had a wave of sleet move through.  It's windy here and I don't like windy weather. It's good that you received confirmation of your tax filing and can now put the copies in the cabinet.

I see something coming up out of the ground near the shrubs out front.  It's either a tulip or daffodil.  I have never split them at the end of season and I think that hasn't helped them.  I used to have more tulips and daffodils when I put this house and I think I let them choke each other off (if that's possible).  I need to do better this fall.