Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAR 30th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope you are having a good first day of retirement, Bernie.  Also hope you are getting settled in at home, Jean.  I usually have a few days of crazy activity when I return from a trip -- cleaning, shopping, doing bills, etc.  Try not to overdo things.  Nice to see you posting, Karen.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  I'm back from my last OLLI "strong bones" class of the semester.  They are having three class session in June, but I have not decided whether or not I will attend.

DH was talking (not making much sense) and smiling quite a bit yesterday afternoon.  He only said "ouch" a few times when the hospice nurse was changing the bandage on his heel.  In answer to your question Bernie -- he does a lot of crossing and uncrossing of his legs in the wheelchair and in the bed.  I guess that is what caused the blister.  Unfortunately, the hospice nurse doesn't want him to get out of bed until the heel is better, and it may be next week or even longer before that happens.  Very difficult for both of us, particularly since I have trouble feeding him in bed.  Oh well.....  

No TSV for me -- just don't care for the style at all.  Hope any of you who order enjoy it very much.

I'm off to visit DH now, and I plan to do some produce shopping later today.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda 

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAR 30th)

Hello Linda @LindaLatte, thanks for starting the thread today.  I didn't sleep that well last night - I think I kept overheating myself with too many blankets.

I was up early and have been pretty busy.  My kitchen was looking like a disaster area since Wednesday.  I did pitch the balloons from the party on Thursday morning before they sagged to the floor.  I had my JCP order on a chair, presents and boxes on the table and on top of the microwave (on the cart) and my 'file pile'.  Also, since I bought this house, one of the kitchen chairs has been a resting place for a work tote/back pack.  Today, I decided to reclaim the kitchen and organize my retirement paperwork.

At the risk of coming across like an ingrate - I dremelled my etched name off of the glass retirement plaque and put it in the recycle box.

On the one had, since my husband received his plaque in 2000, they definitely upgraded from plexiglass to solid glass.  On the other hand, the date they indicated has no meaning for me.

I started working for the company on January 5, 1981. Every milestone anniversary (every 5 years), I've received a certificate stating years of service based on a January 5th date.  I'm sitting here in my office looking at the most recent (35 years) certificate, signed by my CEO and the Blue Cross Association in Illinois and it says, January 5, 2016 - 35 years.

When they calculated the service date for pension purposes, they added in my time as summer help as a teen and backed out a year that I was laid off (in the union).  I thought I got recalled back to work within a year however when I asked about the date, I missed being called back to work by one day and therefore lost a year when it comes to pension.

I honestly thought any kind of retirement plaque would have shown my hire date of January 5th, so imagine my surprise when I saw the (geez I can't even call it a plaque), I guess it's more like a stand alone award, with a hire date of November 18, 1981.  The only significance that date has is that it was my eldest sister's 3rd wedding anniversary, lol.

At least it's glass and can be recycled so I won't be contributing to landfill.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, no tsv for me either.  I hope that your DH's blister is better soon.  It must be very sore.

Bird Mama, I hope that you are being a lady of leisure today 

I saw my rheumatologist at 10:00 this morning & got another cortisone shot in my big toe.  Ouch!  Then I went to the next door down where I am getting my infusion.

Lunch was good.  Baked salmon, mashed potatoes & strawberry shortcake.  Yum!

My PT is going well & I have 4 more scheduled appointments.

I need to finish cleaning the house tomorrow, but right now my toe is very sore.  The main floor is all done, so I just need to dust the family room, guest bedroom & my DH's bathroom in the basement. He will vacuum 2 rooms & wash his bathroom floor.  Easy Least for him.

The weather has been so nice, but it will be getting cold starting tomorrow.  I am not yet sure if our Easter egg hunt will be done inside or outside.  The eggs & baskets are all done.  I do baskets for our dd & dsil.  It is a tradition that everybody gets one.

I will be napping when I get home.  Drowsiness is my only side effect.  I wanted to go to our Good Friday service tonight, but I am just going to have a Jude quiet evening.

Maryjane, did your Yank's win?

Jean, I hope that you are having a relaxing day too.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, your post gave me a good chuckle.  Large companies amaze me sometimes.  Enjoy all of your new JCP purchases & wear them in good health.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

http://covermyfb.com/media/covers/15664-happy-easter-friends.jpghttp://i.123g.us/c/eapr_passover_friends/card/110814.gif