Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAR 27)

Greetings, shopping friends. We are in the midst of a storm with severe lightening. I was up at 5am and have been getting my steps in plus doing odds and ends around th e house. I have to admit that when I awakened, I couldn't remember what day of the week it was as one day is just like another.

I had taken a break when I got a message from Linda that the Denim & Co. jacket that I had ordered was on sale. The telephone line to customer service was busy so I used Messenger to contact them, a very fast process with quick resultss. Thanks to Linda, I saved a little over $11. I was tempted to order another one at that price but convinced myself I didn't need it.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAR 27)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope the storm doesn't do any damage there.  It is cloudy and cooler here today -- high only supposed to be in the upper 50's and lows in the 30's tonight.  What a change from 80 degrees plus a couple of days ago.  They are predicting warmer weather by Monday, and I think some more 80 degrees will be coming next week.  

I am in the same boat about trying to remember what day it is.  It used to be that I had classes/activities/volunteer work almost every day plus I went to the gym three times a week and church on Sunday.   It is very strange.

Yesterday evening I saw on the website that some fashions, shoes, and bags were on sale, but when I took a look I didn't find anything calling my name.  Just in case, I checked my wishlist where I had placed that D&Co. jacket (in black) after our discussion the other day.  I was shocked to see that the price had been reduced, and decided to take advantage of the sale.  

In the past, I found some D&Co. capris I had recently ordered but not received were reduced in price, and the Q credited me with the difference.  So, I thought I should let you know about the sale.  This morning, I purchased another item on my wishlist that was suddenly on sale -- A349665.  Trying to stop myself from ordering more items on sale.  There is a Linea necklace that is calling my name, but so not needed. 

Sorry -- my DD is calling, I will return.

I'm back.  DD was just checking in. My DGD has another ear infection/problem and fever, and the doctor had called in a prescription for a medication that has helped in the past.  

I am going to the grocery store(s)later  this morning since I am quite low on milk and eggs and would really like some fresh produce if available.  Hopefully, the shelves will be filled better than last Friday.  Local restaurants are offering take-out, but I have not taken advantage of the offer since I have the lunches from the senior lunch program.  When I finish them in a couple of days, I plan to visit at least one of them per week.  I would hate to see them go out of business.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone stays safe and has a decent day.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Today is cloudy and rainy. We are forecasted to have sever storms, flooding and lightning thru the weekend. UGH!!!!! Too much rain here. The ground is like a wet sponge. We cleaned out the driveway drain yesterday so hopfully that will last until tomorrow am. (We sure know how to have fun. LOL)  

We ordered take out ffom Walburgers today for lunch. I have enough leftover for dinner. I plan on ordering from our grandson's restaruant next week. (he's a chef over there) At the beginning of the week we picked up McDonalds. I cook....a lot...but have needed a break for a meal or two. Trying to do our share to keep these eateries in business. 

I just received the B.Lights fairy lights that I pre-ordered. They looked very nice. I liked the battery box on these. It's larger and more substantial than most. I have two ceramic cut out vases that I'm going to put them in. I have a small flameless candle in them but thught I'd set the fairy lights to run at a different time. We're on 3 different time shifts in our home so I like to have some of these candles throwing some light in the hallway, stairs, and near the doorways. 

At first glance, I saw some sale items that caught my attention. I'm going to pay some bills, etc. before I decide to press order.  I giving myself today off from the heavy cleaning but may pull the Dyson out for the first floor. Spring must be arriving because the dogs are shedding like crazy. I need to clean or declutter when I have things on my mind. My friend always laughs when she calls and asks me what am I doing today and my answer is putting the lemon oil on the front door. LOL I keept telling myslef that there are worse habits.  ha ha!!

We had two deer in our front yard this morning. I was glad to see them. So far, there is still enough in the yards for their meals and my flower shoots have survived for another day. I guess I should get out there and tidy up the gardens. The surrounding neighbors did that this week. I'm guessing I'll be the last on the street to have them in order. Eventually, it will all get done. 50++ years and I'm still learning how to pace myself. LOL.

Stay safe and comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I do hope our D&Co. jackets work out for us. I so appreciate the heads up on the price change as mine shipped yesterday. I do hope that when you go for groceries that the shelves are stocked with  what you need.

Fressa--Enjoy your lights. I know that when you get all that exterior work done that yours will be outstanding in curb appeal. I used to have about five deer that would come down in my yard for food. They went as far as eating the lower stems and branches of my burning bush.

The storm has passed with no problems but it is much cooler than yesterday and very dreary. I could do more work but I'm not motivated to do so at this point. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, we were foggy here this morning, but now it's nice and 🌞🌞🌞.  We are supposed to be getting thunderstorm all weekend.  Then nice and 🌞 all next week.  Sounds good to me.  You got a good deal on the D. & Co. jacket.  Since we haven't been to church for two weeks, I keep asking my DH what day it is too.  We have decided to go grocery shopping on Thursday morning instead of Friday morning  so that messes me up too.  

Linda L, I hope that you also like your D. & Co. jacket.  I am trying not to buy anything until I feel safe about into a store.  That might be quite a while.  I am sorry to hear that your dgd has another ear infection.  We are trying to help the economy by going to different drive thru restaurants.  Right now we have 15 choices.  I miss going to a sit down for breakfast the most.  

fressa, we are supposed to have severe weather all weekend too.  Yuck.  Our yard is soggy too.  I would rather have snow ❄❄❄.   Your yard sounds beautiful.  It sounds like you are enjoying a few drive thru restaurants too.  I haven't heard of the restaurant you mention.  I haven't seen them on our vacations either.  We also took today off from cleaning the house, but the end is in sight.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a busy day here.  My DH got his new eyeglasses this morning & they look nice.  Now we are hoping that they will be a good fit.  After a week or so, we are going back to the eye clinic to get the old ones dipped (sunglasses).  I do this every time I get new frames.  

We cleaned the family room and the large closet under the stairwell yesterday.  Tomorrow we will be doing my dh's bathroom.  When it gets a little warmer, we will work on the garage.e

it's actually been a fun two weeks. It makes the time go faster since we are still trying to do our self quarantine. 

Yesterday we were able to go to the grocery stores and get everything that was on my grocery list.  Now we shouldn't have to go for two more weeks, except maybe for milk.

The hot tub is keeping me sane.  My DH has been walking & mopeding each day.  I am enjoying hanging out the laundry too.  Yes, it takes little to make me happy.  

Now, since gas prices are $1.69, I would love to go SOMEWHERE!

Honored Contributor

We had a little rain yesterday and I think a rainy weekend is in store for us.  I'm not going to complain - I don't want any severe weather or tornadoes.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon shopping buddies!

The weather today is typical for us this time of year-cloudy, with rain expected in the next few hours. We had several days of beautiful, abundant sunshine last week, and I can't wait until it returns. I've been on a shopping binge lately(no surprise), could not resist ordering the new ombre skillet by Temptations the other day, and can't wait for it to arrive!😊

@KonaKatSorry about that awful storm, but I hope you enjoy your new D&C jacket!

@LindaLatteI I'm sorry to read about your DGD, and am sending healing prayers for her.😊 Your upcoming 80 degree temperatures sound wonderful, so please enjoy!😁

@Fressa  I certainly empathize with you about the RAIN! I have never had the pleasure of deer in my yard, and would love to be able to sit and watch them, while sipping a cup of tea.😉

@twinny70I'm happy that you were able to find everything you needed at the grocery store! That has been hit or miss for so many people. Just the thought of a hot tub makes me smile, and I would love to have one now.😁

Stay healthy and safe everyone, and enjoy the rest of your day!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖