Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAR 22)

Good morning, shopping friends. I've been watching the Q while packing my carry on and making sure I have all my meds backed up....a med organizer goes into the carryon and another one goes in my handbag. In addition, I have all the medical info should I need something done while there, including purpose of meds. The last time I went we had to declare any prescription drugs taken into Australia. I am also taking some snacks but will make sure the boxes are unopened as that may also have to be declared as they have regulations on what can be taken in. I will put a few munchies into the carryon but any opened and not eaten before landing must be trashed.

We are nearing the end of March, and I have no purchases from the Q. I only have the one purchase of bras from JCP. It helps with decluttering not to bring more in as you are trying to take it out.

It is a dreary day and snow is expected in the mountain areas, but thankfully we will escape that. Midnight got me up several times last night, so he is now napping. He will have his annual checkup at the vet while I am gone.

I think I will have some Progresso Butternut Squash for lunch and then read for a period of time this afternoon. Afterwards, if the motivation strikes me, I might do some more things but I'm not pushing myself.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAR 22)

Hello Jean @KonaKat   sounds like you are getting it all together.  Do you leave this weekend?  Are you getting excited?

Even though I fed them sunflower hearts (shelled sunflower seeds) and the usual seeds, I felt guilty that I didn't have any nuts for my squirrels for the second morning in a row.  Once my birds and I did our morning bonding, I drove to the grocery store.  We were having snowflakes at the time Woman Wink

Right now it looks like the sun is trying to come out.  I think we have a 30% chance of rain today.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Jean, thanks for starting us out.  I hope you have a great vacation. 

I am trying to declutter some more.  We are gearing up for a garage sale, hopefully out last one. 

I am also going through my closet again.   I watched a morning show yesterday that gave some good tips on guidelines for saving vs. donating/tossing etc with one's wardrobe.  I think I can streamline even more.

A few years ago I bought the Body Gym endorsed by Marie Osmond.  Well, it wore out and busted this week.   Body Gym is still sold on the web, but no longer on QVC.  I ended up getting a similar type product from Amazon,  It is by Empower and called the Resistance Band and Toning Bar (home gym).  It comes with a DVD and paper chart with some additonal exercises.  It is about 12 dollars cheaper than the Body Gym and today I did it for the first time.  Were challening workout, I actually think I like it better. 

Well that is about it on this end.   Gayle

Honored Contributor

Hey @Gayle2   I always wondered if the Body Gym was any good.  Does the new gym help with arm strength?  My legs are okay however my arms have always been weak, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you aren't having snow in your area, and good work on the decluttering/lack of purchasing more.  How exciting to be packing for your trip.  It sounds like you will be well-prepared.

It is cool, but sunny here today.  It might make it to 70 degrees.  The warm up should start tomorrow, and we are expecting high temperatures in the 80's next week.  I sure like that kind of weather.

As I probably mentioned, I am reading yet another decluttering book which I got for free on Amazon.  While it is not as relevant to me or as "joyful" as some others I have read, it has helped motivate me to do some more decluttering.  Yesterday afternoon after my Caregivers meeting, I started going through my pantry.  I was pretty ruthless getting rid of some items that I used to use, but have not used for quite a while.  For example, cocoa powder that I used to use in making brownies, etc.  The last time I made brownie, I just used a mix.  The taste as just as good as the "homemade" ones, and they were fine even after being frozen.  Anyway, the cocoa powder was outdated, but I still could have used it (in my opinion), but I realized I would not do so.  The same was true of several other items.  There is still plenty of food.  I did discover that I was low on a couple of things that I thought I had plenty of.  

I'm headed to the dentist shortly.  Hope that there are no issues, and it is not too expensive.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I spent part of the afternoon reading, and then used Drano Gel Max on all the drains. I decided prevention is better than dealing with a clogged drain, etc.

I'm debating using a rolling under the seat bag versus one I carry. The problem is that I like aisle seats and some aisle seats have equipment under them and that placement varies by plane. I don't like using the overhead as I am short plus I like items easily available to me. I weighed the one that is carried and it comes in at 13 pounds.

I have to take my electronics, translated as Bose headsets, Kindle Camera and, possibly a tablet and a charger that permits several devices to be charged. The bag can be squashed as needed to fit under the seat; the rolling bag is not as flexible and its wheels are not light if you have to end up carrying it for some reason. I just remembered my converter and adapter has to go in for an international trip. Also, the printed confirmations of activities take up room.

Watching the weather. Rain is in the fordecast again.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm impressed that you used a piece of fitness equipment so much that it broke, Gayle.  That happened to me once or at most twice.  Hope you find plenty for your garage sale.

For what it is worth, I would go with the carry- on bag that could squish down rather than the more rigid underseat bag, Jean.  Like you, I prefer the aisle seats, and there is not always room for a more rigid bag.  Putting it in the overhead bin is not something I would like either.  I'm sure you will figure out the best option for your trip.  

Valued Contributor

Birdmama:  to answer your question....yes, the empower devise is really good for upper body.  In fact, I could not complete the workout...need to up my endurance.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - just a quick check-in.  I was really busy this week with a mammogram appt, my neurologist appt, and then I ended up giving that devotion to my Bible study on Thursday, when I was asked spur-of-the-moment if I could fill in for someone else.  I'm glad that it was last minute, because I didn't have the time to get all worried about it.  Happy to say that it went well.  I have 3 more dental/doctor/lab appts this coming week.

Nice to hear that you all are continuing to purge items and are being thoughtful about purchases.  I'm still doing well overall, though I have bought some used books.

Waves to all  ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

Charlene @cerb   I bet you were fabulous when you delivered your devotional.  When you believe in something strongly, it's not so hard talking about it Woman Happy