Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MAR. 11)

Snicks, what is next on the bathroom project?  I try to keep up with you ladies but sometimes you get away from me.

Didn't mean to imply that Rainforest was not "good".  The food was good!  I would have preferred something more healthy but we probably got the most greasy thing on the menu - appetizer plate.

My brother just called, flight delayed at the Houston airport.  How I would love to zip up there and fetch him.  It could happen.  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for the great start to the daily thread. I am sure DD will enjoy her birthday present in that lovely color. It is good that you and the hospice nurse were able to have a great conversation and discuss your questions, etc.

It sounds as if some of you have found some great buys either at the Q or elsewhere.  I did make a purchase....a garden hose as the old one needed replaced. I read all the reviews on it at Amazon, so we will see if my personal experience justifies the Amazon purchase. My Subscribe and Save order is on its way.

Subbing went very well, and when I got home, the outpatient surgery center had left on the voice mail the time I need to be there on Monday.

I call it the "Roto Rooter" procedure as they run a tube with light and camera up into the bladder, then the tubes that run from the bladder to the kidneys and then into the kidneys. I won't know a thing as they put you out for this. Sunday, I get to do the cleansing routine by drinking a bottle of magnesium citrate followed by 4 Dulcolax tablets. Needless to say, I'll spend Sunday occupying the "throne" when I'm not drinking clear liquids.

By the time I get through all the March appointments, etc.  I may very well be in the mood to buy something, especially if I can use an April birthday as a reason.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I just want to say Hi to all of you.

DH got his filling replaced this morning.  It was also grocery shopping day.

The weather has been just beautiful.  We are both riding our mopeds.  We went into the hot tub as usual & it was wonderful. Then I took a 2 hour nap.  I also hung 4 loads of laundry out today.

I have been going to mom's home each day for this or that.  My brother got 1/2 of mom's home painted yesterday.  He hopes to get the rest done on Sunday while his wife & I start to write the thank you notes.  Yesterday I took a bunch of mom's nice winter coats to St. Vincent's. A house full of things & a home to sell will keep us busy.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

How lovely that women will benefit from your mother's coats.  It's a lovely way to keep her legacy and memory alive.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@RockChick, next is sanding/smoothing down the spackle I applied. (I didn't make it down there today, lol) BTW, trucker girl is in your city (I think) today. Or she was earlier, no telling where she is by now.
"To each their own, in all things".