Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 3)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad everyone is staying safe when cleaning out gutters, etc.  My house doesn't have gutters -- very strange, I know.  But, my Maryland house did, and when I got older, I hired someone else to do the job.  I remember one of the older men in my church had fallen while cleaning his gutters and died, and a man from work fell doing so and was injured badly.  Wish they had a solution like you have Bernie and Fressa.

DD is breathing a lot easier now that the wire transfer for the new house is complete.  They close on the new house next Monday.  They will be moving in the following week.

I visited my hospice patient this morning, and we had a good, wide-ranging conversation.  He has had some bad days (pain), but was better today.  But, he needs to change his diet since he has a tumor (?) in his intestines.  He asked me to bring some prunes when I visit next week, and I picked them up at Walmart on the way home from the visit.

I also did some grocery shopping for myself at Walmart.  It was pretty crowded, and there were no carts inside the store.  At least there were some carts outside.  Prices on most items continue to climb.  

Between buying gasoline and groceries, my desire to spend on things here is diminished.  I did see a one time only Stan Herman caftan that is calling my name, but so far I am resisting.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

QVC Customer Care

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 3)

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  When my husband was alive I was more inclined to run up and down a ladder because he was either acting as my spotter or had a vested interest if I fell down.  After he passed away I focused on 'smarter not harder' and started with a little giant ladder from the Q (was a TSV).  It would probably be a quick job if I could get over my fear of being eye level with the second story gutter.  I accept what scares me so I made a tool out of some things I already had in the garage and it's been working for a couple of years now.

I'm sorry to read that your hospice patient has a tumor in his intestines.  God Bless him, the poor man has to worry about being able to eat, digest and eliminate as if everything else going on with him wasn't bad enough.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, that's exciting news about your dd's house closing & moving soon. I am sorry to hear about your hospice patient having a tumor on his intestine.  

Hi Bird Mama!

I went to the gym this afternoon and left instructions with my dh just in case the nurse called me back.  No call back and I am sure they are very short handed like everybody else.

Our youngest dgs couldn't come down to the Car's on the Square, so we took our mopeds and went to a good pizza place and then viewed 100's of fancy old and new cars.  There was even a small plane there.

Our youngest two dgc did  as well in school as Christopher did. They are all busy with jobs so that's a good thing.  Their Dad will be going on a business trip to France for 10 days this month.  He said that we are welcome to visit them on a week day & a weekend so we will probably do it.  Our dgd will be staying with our dd.

It's been a beautiful 70's day with rain tomorrow and Saturday & a few days next week.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda