Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 28)

@Genny1   Mulberry is a decent wood for a fireplace.  I posted the pics of the smaller pieces on two local freecycle sites and offered the wood for free, understanding it needed to be cured.

People around here are not thinking about firewood when temps are in the upper 80's.

The trees weren't exactly dead.  They were uprooting on one side because of a concrete wall that was put up (after the trees were planted) to separate residents from businesses that bought the land behind that side of the street.

This was her first experience with needing a tree cut down and she now has a better understanding of what is involved and why the costs are what they are.  She did get one estimate and that's when she decided to try to cut them down herself.  If only it was that easy Woman Wink  

Getting someone to chop up the wood and then chip it can be expensive because it's a nuisance job and tree companies get an attitude because the resident didn't use them to perform the entire job.  I said I'd pay for it.

She's not having it.  Since I have more experience with power tools, chainsaws in particular, I'll rent the saw and do it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 28)

Good Evening!  I'm back from a very nice trip to a fairly high mountain north of here  -- they actually have a ski lift there.  It was well over 100 degrees here, but only in the 80's up there.  Some beautiful scenery.

Met a few new ladies, and even found one who I might walk with some mornings.  She and her twin sister take long walks three times a week (go early in the day), but her sister is going on vacation, and I want to see some new places to walk.  She seems like a very nice lady. 

Another lady I met is a songwritter and musician who has not lived her long, but is interested in things like the OLLI classes and Road Scholar trips.  

I found out about a trip planned for October to Mexico -- just a day trip, but a long day.  It is after I get back from my trip to Italy, but there is a conflict with the Alzheimer's walk.  If they move the trip up to the next week (which is possible), I would like to participate.

Good for you with your exercise and house projects, Jean.  Have fun at Lowe's.

You and your sister are really something, Bernie.  Hope the tree work gets done.  Glad Gerry has returned. 

Hope your second surgery goes well, Susan.  Glad Laverne is settling in well.

I'm interested in how those pants work for you Marijane.  I kept gong back and forth, and missed out on ordering.

I am far behind the game with exercise, etc. due to my trip.  So, I need to get busy.  Also probably should have something to eat.  We had lunch out on the patio of the restaurant, and I had plenty to eat.  But, I should at least have a little to eat or I'll be hungry before breakfast.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda