Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 24)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and hot but the humidity isn't as bad as the rest of the week. We were in the 90's all week but today it finally fell to the 80's. I don't know how you cope when you get higher than that. I really should be in Alaska. LOL

Today is our 33rd wedding anniversary after 3 years of  long distance. Thank goodness that was when flying was fun and you weren't jammed in the seats. 

We were dealing with an A/C problem this week after our yearly check-up. No wonder it was taking longer than usual to cool the house. The main problem was that we were out of freon and some miscellaneous issues. It appears to be working fine but I'll make the call to the tech on Monday after we get thru the weekend. I think my stomach fell to my feet when the tech said that the unit might need replaced but he would let us know. It still "fuzzy" how it got in that condition but I'll check for on line info over the weekend.

Today is banking, picking up another prescription and maybe the baking supplies for the dog biscuits. The hubby is going to the bakery to get us a cake. It looks like our previous bakery has been purchased and are open for business. That's good news for that community.

I did watch some of the CIJ but in June preview. Maybe it was me but quite a bit of those items seemed like last year's stock. The prices had me stopped at anything that glittered besides the fact that I don't need a "thing". I swear ----anything shiny I can see a mile away---drop an earring on the foor and it takes me hours to find. LOL

The township picked up the 2 tvs early this morning. Finally have them out of here. Things are slowly being decluttered and I'm working up the energy to start peeling wallpaper and paint. I have to "fuss" around with closets and a bit in the work room. Eventually it will all get done.

We discovered that those wind storms did some damage to our siding so were doing some temporary repairs. I have to start saving for that project sooner than expected. I did get some quotes which almost had me speechless. (considering our siding only goes halfway and then there's brick). At least, we have a color scheme for the outside of the house-----inside...not so much.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 24)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa. 

Happy Anniversary!  Hope you have many more years together.  Glad it is a bit cooler there.  It is sunny here with a high of 97 degrees predicted.  Not exactly cool, but not unusual for this time of the year.

I sure hope you don't need to replace your AC.  I would suggest getting a second opinion if the contractor says that you do.  That is quite an expense.  Sorry to hear about your siding issue.  Houses can certainly be "money pits" at times.

Yesterday in my travels, I saw a truck that said "just screens and doors" on it, and then I found an advertisement for the company in the local paper.  My handyman was not scheduled to come and look at the solar screen door until mid-July, and he said he might just take it down and to the local hardware store to repair and bring back.  Anyway, I decided to call the company, and the owner just came out and looked at the door.  He said that half of it needed to be replaced, and they could do it.  I wanted the screen replaced on the other half so the colors would match.  The price wasn't too bad, but of course it is an unplanned expense.  I gave him a deposit, and they will call when it comes in.  After he left, I called and canceled the handyman appointment.

Earlier today, the AC/heating man checked out the AC, and it was fine -- thank goodness.  It is only a couple of years old, so hopefully will last for quite a while.

I have looked at some of the CIJ offerings on-line, but I have no plans to purchase anything new.  Like you, I am trying to reduce my decorations, etc., not add to them.  And, Christmas decorations are not a priority for me at this stage in life.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

I have been reading your posts and trying to keep up with all of you. Fressa good luck with all of your home improvement projects. Happy Anniversary to both of you and eat a piece of🍰 🍰 for us.

Linda L, you are always busy and I am glad that your A/C is working well.

We had a couple of hot days when I wished I was in AK!  Now it's in the 80's &  I am looking forward to Saturday and Sunday when it's going to be sunny and 70°.  We need rain and might get some tonight and tomorrow.

I am enjoying my no cooking week. It usually only happens when we are on vacation.  We had a carry out lunch from our favorite Italian restaurant on Tuesday.   

On Wednesday, we met Christopher at Noodles and Co.  Then I had two MRI's.   The noise was awful. It sounded like an air hammer, followed by loud drums banging  & then rocks hitting the walls for an hour.  Now I know why I had a valium tablet 18 years ago when I had time MRI's.

We had lunch today at a diner near the downtown which was nice.  As soon as we got back home, my nurse called & said the MRI results were back and they show that I have severe spinal stenosis and my rheumatologist wants me to get a 2nd opinion at the UW Clinic.  I am waiting for them to call me for an appt to see what my options are.    He is friends with my neurologist up there.  I have faith that the Lord will get us over another hurdle in life.

Thank goodness we have no big travel plans other than a few road trips to A nice beach as it's too hot for me.

We have been busy cleaning a few windows and the front porch today. Tomorrow will be the picture window. Next week it will be the family room patio door  & the guest bedroom window.  None of these things hurt my shoulder.  Our ds and ddil are flying up here next Friday and we will bring them here  on Saturday for a few days. I told my ds about the MRI'S and he didn't seem to be alarmed.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

@Fressa 

Happy Anniversary GIFs - Download on Funimada.com

Although mine still looks okay, I would like to replace my vinyl siding and I can only imagine what it's going to cost.  I'm in a 2 story house and like you it's the top half that has siding.  The actual siding on my house is pretty straightforward, it's all of the trim that I would want replaced that I bet is going to cost me.

I hope the freon does the trick on your A/C.  You are so good about maintenance on everything I can't imagine why the unit needs to be replaced. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  Seeing the 'just screens and door' truck in your travels was a fortunate stroke of serendipity.  I would have replaced both at the same time too.  I did that with headlights on my Camaro after an accident; one was damaged and I told the dealer I would pay to replace the other one.  It would have looked c*ckeyed if I hadn't.

Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70  A week of little to no cooking sounds great.  I'm sorry to read that you may have spinal stenosis.  With something like that it's always good to get a second opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---What luck on the A/C check up and finding a door repair person. Once we/I decide to replace an item or update an item then I want to happen soon. This waiting to get on the schedule just isn't in my DNA. Thankfully you found two names of door repairman which is always a good thing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70--I will keep my fingers crossed for your MRI results. It was good that you were able to get an appointment so quickly so it doesn't consume your entire summer.

I love your plan of a "no cooking" week every so often. I have to admit that even though I enjoy cooking that I now find that I enjoy take out. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Thanks for the pretty Anniversary sign. The interesting remark that the A/C man said was that there was a lot of roff debris around the a/c unit (we had covered it for the roof replacement) He said there was debris in and around the drain pipe and hose on the outside. Then the hubby said that the attic had quite a bit of debris in it. I just never thought that you would have debris in those places. It's a head scratcher for sure. I'll have to check that attic once we get into cooler temps. In the mean time I shout off the whole house Hepa System until I can see what's up. Better safe than sorry. It's always something leading to something else. UGH!!1