Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 23)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a gloomy and overcast day as we await the rains again. Today is the one-year anniversary of the rains and floods that wiped out homes and businesses in the central part of the state. People are still recovering and the shopping mall which had its road and bridge entrance destroyed is a couple of months from reopening.  23 of the 25 businesses in it will be returning. A La Quinta Inn had just opened when the disaster hit.

Right now, I'm watching the Josie Maran show with no temptation so far. I did see that the Q is offering 4+ easy pays on all apparel and accessories. In one form or another, the Q is tempting us to buy. As good as the offers may be, we still need to exercise good judgement in buying. Is the item a need? Is it a want? If a want, do we have anything like it? Can we postpone the purchase? After all, something even better might be offered and you might want that also. Where does it stop? It stops with each of us as individuals making decisions based upon what we have, lifestyle, income, and priorities.

I'm being lazy right now as I'm eager to finish the second book in a series of three books. I got hooked with the first book and thanks to the Kindle First program, I am spending time reading which is cheaper than buying and opening packages. Hopefully, my resistance to buying will last the remainder of the month.

Welcome to KathyM23. Please post whenever you can. You are doing a great job with your shopping habits.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 23)

Image result for finally friday animated picsImage result for great weekend images

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Certainly hope there is no repeat of the flooding last year.  No shopping temptations for me so far, which is a good thing.  I turned on the TV early, and saw there was something wrong with the Q computers.  People were asked to save item numbers and be patient.  Now they seem to have fixed the problem, but I wonder how many sales were lost.  Enjoy reading on your Kindle.  

As I  mentioned in my post yesterday evening, the ear doctor visit went better than expected.  When they discovered wax built-up in one ear and infection on the other, I was seen by the doctor who removed the wax and gave me drops and a prescription for oral antibiotics for the other.  I go back in a month for the hearing test and a check-up.  I was shocked at how many patients were waiting to see the doctor.  This is a practice that has clinics in at least five places around southern Arizona, and this doctor only sees patients on Thursdays at this location.

DH was much more awake yesterday, thank goodness.  A friend called while I was visiting him, and suggested we get together for lunch.  We set that up for today.  Not sure if I'll be able to feed DH lunch due to the time, but maybe so.  I'll definitely visit him before meeting her.

It was warm/hot on my walk this morning, but it wasn't too bad.  It should be slightly cooler today, but still over 100 degrees.  

The oral medicine I am taking came with warnings about sun exposure, and advice about not taking with dairy products or calcium supplements, etc.  It is not easy for me to figure out when I can take the medicine, but I'll work on it.  

Hope you have a nice weekend, meallen.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the great graphic. You always have great choices.

Linda--It is good that you were able to reschedule the hearing test and also get an antibiotic for the ear infection. Enjoy your visit with DH and luncheon with your friend.

I was watching that OTO Josie Maran presentation of all those products for $59. Now, we know they aren't going to lose any money on that specially packaged deal, so how much profit do they make on those products when sold individually? Of course, the OTO is packaged to attract and hopefully convince people to buy the products separately later.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Hope the rain does not cause the problems it did last year.  We are getting a spray rain right now.. Not a drizzle, but enough to of a spray to ruin the hair.  I have been trying to be more careful on the shopping.  Just paid my internet credit card bill and though - I don't remember buying half this stuff and even worse, I may have used it once and it is now sitting somewhere.  So, no more mindless shopping.

Meallen - Nice graphic - You always find such nice ones.

Linda - Hope DH is doing well today.  Glad the doctor found out what was bothering your ear, and hopefully it clears up quickly.  Enjoy your lunch with your friend.  Please send some sun and heat this way.  This is going to be a sad summer around here.

KathyM23 - Welcome - Stop by to chat anytime.

Not much going on here today, rain and that is about it.  I do need to do a little cleaning and finish the wash.  I have been reading the posts everyday, I don't write a lot because it is a pain to post using my Surface computer.  Will try to get on DH's more, it has a real keyboard.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty sure it rained all night.  I turned off the lamp in the family room and had the TV on with the intention of watching the full weather forecast on the 11 o'clock news.  The alarm woke me up around 6am.  Yea, I fell asleep on the couch and was all kinked up and freezing with no cover on (the A/C was on).

I turned off the alarm clock and crawled into bed for another hour or so. It was warm and really steamy this morning (also drizzling) as I drove to the Nissan service dept for an oil change.

I then went to Best Buy (across the street) and waited for them to open at 10 am.  I pre-ordered, through Amazon the Prince Purple Rain Deluxe/Expanded CD collection that was being released today.  

Now, I knew that Amazon was not going to ship it until today.  I also know that I have zero patience.  I bought the CD set at Best Buy and ran into another fan who was in line waiting for the store to open like me :-)

Looks like the rain has moved on for now and the sun is out and the skies are clearing up a little bit.

I spotted a pair of shoes at Vince Camuto dot com that have piqued my interest.  I think resistance is futile this time around, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone --

I'm running wild with laundry and exercise and cleaning, and, and, and......

Hope to wrap things up early this afternoon. 

It's a cool day here, upper 60s and breezy.  Also a BIG golf tournament with cars parked everywhere.  I'm surprised they aren't parked across our driveway.  I've considered renting it out for a few extra shopping dollars - ha.

We have had at least 5 golf tournaments this week.  Guess the summer season is in full swing.

Relaxing weekend in store.  A bday phone call and a sightseeing drive.  That should wrap up another weekend.

Hope to grill tonight, I'm tired of cooking for the week.

Wishing a wonderful weekend for all, enjoy.

Take care shopping friends, hide those CCs.

Esteemed Contributor

I am 1/2 way back in the saddle again.

We had a nice father's day with our DD & her family. It was nice to be all together at once, because they are usually going in a dozen different directions.

We left on Monday morning for  a few nice beach days.  We had some severe thunderstorms at night, but the day's were 70's & beautiful.  We got back home late yesterday afternoon.

After hanging 3 loads of laundry outside this morning & grocery shopping, I am having a lazy afternoon.   We are having a fish fry tonight & then going to the concert on the square.

Jean, so sad that some places still aren't open yet.

Welcome to KathyM23 & post anytime.

Linda L. Glad that your ear problem was figured out.  Good luck with your hearing test.  I see that it is still very hot in your area.  

Bird Mama, we got woke up at 2:30 again with we severe thunderstorms.  It is so nice to be sunny & 70's again.

CERB, enjoy your double graduation party.  

3suwm5, I have the CC locked up right now.  I want to be good until we go to the East Coast in a couple of months.

I did buy a nice top at Younker's a few days ago.  It is 3/4 sleeves, color blocked in dark teal/Navy & matches at least 3 pairs of my Capri's.  It was only $9.09 so it didn't go on our CC.  Right now I am so sick of my 2 striped  tops so they will be donated next week.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I read this week too but didn't replay because I was mostly at an out of town McDonald's or the library using the internet.

I will be busy cleaning house next week & redoing the picture window that got messed up from a thunderstorm a few days after we washed it.

Can't believe that Independence Day is right around the corner.  It will be a busy fun filled whirl wind time around here.