Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 21)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is finally Summer--at least on the calendar. The temps outside don't reflect it, but at least we had sunshine today for a period of itme. It is now cloudy but we are not expected to need an umbrella.

I've spent part of the morning going through some things tucked away in a room rarely used. Out of sight means out of mind so I've forgotten some of the things there. I do know there are things there my parents requested I keep but I have no idea if they would be treasured by any remaining family member or would be considered a nuisance. 

A friend and I will be going to Gatlinburg, TN area this Fall, so I've made reservations for the hotel and have checked out some possible things to do.  I loved an ad I saw on FB. Basically, it was an ad to visit Australia but the wording could be applied to any place we want to visit. Basically, it said something to the effect of "Don't buy things but use the money to visit." I guess that speaks to things versus memories.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 21)

@KonaKat  Good Friday morning!  It's sunny here in NE Ohio (finally), and going up to about 75!  I leave work at noon today, so glad not to need a rain jacket.

I wanted to mention that I also was the owner of a sleek black cat for 15 years.  Zoe left me in 2015.  She was a beautiful girl and my best buddy, and I still think of her often.  She literally died at my feet.

I do have another furry friend now for the last 4 years, named Al.  He's a lot different from Zoe (long-haired, big, feisty Maine Coon looking).  He was a real pistol as a kitten, but we've worked all that out and are now besties like I was with Zoe!  

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, they are NOT predicting rain for us here until Monday......yeah!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@2blondeI truly hope good weather hits your area of Ohio. I live an hour from the Ohio border near Parkersburg. I often zip up to Columbus. Midnight is 16 years old but he is very frisky despite some health issues. The vet told me that he was their 2nd oldest cat client with the oldest being 20. Cats have such different personalities. I'm sure you have great memories of Zoe and that you and Al are creating new ones together.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat  the first day of summer in my part of Michigan could not be better.  Sun in shining, we have a breeze and the temps will top out around 78.  I went outside with garden tools, a cup of coffee Woman Very Happy my old sony boombox loaded with a music CD and spent an hour hand trimming the forsythia shrub in the back yard.  

My husband had so many things that were precious to his grandmother and grandfather.  He stayed behind (he was 18) with his grandparents when the rest of the family relocated to AZ.  His siblings didn't really remember the grandparents that much.  I did send each of my sisters in law something from grandma that they remembered after my husband passed.

The rest of hubbies 'treasure' was untouched until I started going through the garage last year. 

It's hard when you are the keeper of what's precious to another person. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@2blonde   We're having the same kind of weather today and this is my idea of what summer should feel like Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Just one more thing Man Wink I was going to write a review on the American West earrings that I ordered and finally received last week when I noticed them on sale.  I was able to get a price adjustment of $5.27 Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you had some sun.  It is hot and dry here, but it was nice on my walk this morning -- breezy and not too hot.  I'm sure you will plan a fun trip.

Hi .@2blonde glad you are having some sunny weather.  

Good that you got a refund, Bernie.  That has happened to me a couple of times, and I was a happy camper.

I'm back from Strong Bones class and headed out to lunch with my friend Jo Ann in a little while.  I'll be doing some grocery shopping later on today, but nothing else too exciting.  My hospice patient's caregiver called to ask me to come a little early tomorrow, and I agreed to do so.  Such a nice man.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda @LindaLatte   I forgot to mention, and I know this will sound bizarre... I'm so glad to read that your beloved grandson was diagnosed with something easily treatable with rest and antibiotics. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Bernie.  I found out today that he had a collapsed lung, plus pneumonia, but he is okay now.  In fact, he is taking one of his computer certification tests this weekend.  Whew!

Jo Ann just called me because she didn't realize how late it was and cannot make our original time.  Meanwhile, she was thinking of a different restaurant.  The restaurants around here keep changing hands and names, so I can completely understand.  

Honored Contributor

Oh my @LindaLatte   Did they have to put in a chest tube to bring the lung back up?  That happened to my sister in the early 1990s - not any easy thing to undergo.