Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 17)

Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted at any length this week because we had the roofers and gutter guys here and more snags than old sweater. It still isn't completed but the deadline it 5P today. Crossing my fingers that it happens.

I've been reading everyone's post to stay updated on everyone's health issues. I sure hope everyone gets some relief. My foot is worse from that catus weed and I think I'm having an allergic reaction to the plant. It's small on the scale compared to what the rest of you are coping with. My migraines are at an all time high so I'm freezing cold in 90 degree heat. UGH!!!

The super storm that was predicted to hit us as well as a tornado just caught the edge of the city. From what I have found so far, we got lucky. Today we have hight temp's and humidity and wind gusts 30MPH....It's to cool down in the low 80's tomorrow so that will be a relief. I'll get outside to put solar lights back in place, etc. from the workmen areas.

I only saw bits and pieces of the Q this week. I don't need anything and am in the pay for the roof frame of mind. It's like those sleep machines. LOL 

I did see a large rabbit in our back patio and he was able to squeeze under the fence. I would not have believed it until I saw it. Who knew they were so flexible? Something dug up and ate some lily bulbs. The chipmunks don't seem to like them so maybe it's the bunny. I'm glad I had that "surprise" extra bag that I forgot I ordered so at least something should grow in those planters. Fingers crossed. I have a camo thumb so it's always a surprise when something blooms. LOL

Hope everyone continues on the path to recovery.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 17)

Hi fressa, I have been MIA in action too.  Last week it was because I was playing phone tag with my nurse/rheumatologist.  My rheumatologist wants me to keep taking the RX and I just got a 90 day supply for $144 which made me happy as last time it was twice as much.  We lucked out with the Monday night tornadoes.  We just got rain and wind.  I am sorry to hear about the snags with your roof and gutters.  My bf just got had the shingles taken off her roof and replaced on Tuesday which was a super hot day. We have a few big rabbits around here and I am trying to keep them, away from my tomato plants.  I am sorry that you are freezing in 90° weather.

This morning I did my walk for the first time in a few weeks.  It was in the 70's at 8:30 so I was hunting for shade.  

We are still having riding lawn mower woes so we just bought a new self propelled Toro with a three year warranty. The guy that has been working on the rider gave us almost all of the $$ that we have spent on it towards the new one.  They are a great business to work with and we have been very happy with the snow blower that we bought from them a couple of years ago.

We had lunch at a stand in front of the Pig (grocery store).  It was a brat, bag of chips, can of pop and chocolate chip cookies for $5.00. Proceeds to go Alzheimer's Assn. Then we went from the lawn mower shop to the gym.

We are going to a fish boil at a neighboring town tomorrow night.  We have never been to one & I think it's a love it or hate it thing.

Prayers for Declan are appreciated as he has labs this afternoon in the Capitol City to see if the cancer is all gone.

I am going to have two MRI's next Wednesday afternoon after we have an early lunch with Christopher,  to see if the problem with my shoulder is from my spine.  I talked about this with my ds last Friday night and he said it might be a good idea to have PT.  

After a few days of a heat advisory last week I am enjoying the 70's for a couple of days.  It's going to be in the 90's starting on Tuesday and it looks like hot weather the rest of the month. Ugh!  I was miserable last week.  CIDP is a nasty disorder as my hands are tingly and hot all of the time.  

It's time to fix dinner.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Hope the roof was completed on time.  Sorry your foot is worse and your migraines are bad.  I don't remember feeling cold when I had mine.  So glad I haven't had a migraine for several years.  That is something about the rabbit.

I will be praying for Declan, Glenda.  I certainly hope the MRI's help identify the cause of your pain.  Glad the tornadoes didn't affect you, and cooler weather is coming.  Also glad about the new mower.

It was cloudy this morning, but in the 80's when I took my early morning walk.  At least the clouds helped.  We may get some much needed rain tomorrow.  

Not sure if I mentioned it, but Bev had problems with the drain falling out the night before last.  She ended up going to the hospital again to get a new drain and bandages. She called me last night, and I checked this morning.  One end of the drain fell out last night around 2:30 a.m., and her legs and feet are still badly swollen.  Not fun.

I visited my hospice patient today, and I learned he is being moved to a facility about 30-40 miles away.  Just a guess on my part, but it may be less expensive.  He will have a roommate which is not the case now.   The new location is not part of my area hospice (a different branch), so I probably will not be visiting him again unless he moves back.  Very interesting man, and he said he really enjoyed my visits, which made me feel good.

My exciting purchases have been for tall kitchen bags and salt for my water softener.  Not as fun as clothing or shoes, but.....

I am getting low on gasoline, and I saw the price is at least $4.99 in my area.  Yuck! 

I found out that a man who I often see at the gym lost his wife about four years ago -- he used the same hospice, and our spouses had the same nurses and chaplain.  Small world.  My DH passed away four years ago in August.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hey Fressa @Fressa   Wow, installing a roof has gotta be killer in this heat. I hope by now that your roof and new gutters are completely installed.  I'm excited about the gutters most for you - didn't you go with leaf guard or another gutter screen?  I'm sorry about your foot - I'm getting over some weird reaction on my right leg (above the ankle) from something.  I don't know if it was a bug bite or I ran into some weed.  Took a few days of caladryl and leaving it alone and it's almost heeled up. Honestly I wear ankle socks and long pants outside so I won't run into weeds or bugs and it still happens.  

I'm glad that the storm missed you.  I thought we were gonna get rain here yesterday and I got maybe 10 minutes which I guess it better than nothing.  We're having a cooler time today through Sunday and then the heat comes roaring back - with little to no rain.  There goes my water bill as I cannot stand to watch my birds like Starlings and Robins struggle for food.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Glenda @twinny70 

Glad you RX was cheaper this time around.  I wish the rabbits would come back to my yard.  There was a time I had quite a regular group of them.  Ironically when my dog was alive too.  Max was good - he didn't bother the rabbits.  It was the squirrels that got next to him.  

Prayers going out for Declan.

It was less humid, less hot and windy today.  I had every window open by 6:30 am and let the house breathe all day.  It was great.  We're gonna be in the mid 70's tomorrow and upper 70's on Sunday and then, like you, miserable heat.  Yuck.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte 

I've been reading about the drought out west and wow I hope you get some rain.  So does Bev have a nephrostomy on her good kidney or the bad kidney?  I think I'm getting lost.  I can't tell if they are trying to assist her good kidney while trying to fight the infection in the bad kidney OR trying to drain the infection out of the bad kidney.  Sigh, bless that woman.  She's got one kidney and it sounds, based on the swelling, like it's struggling. 

You are a blessing to your hospice patients Linda.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm confused myself, Bernie.  I think Bev's drain is from the bad/dead kidney.  Not sure if she has seen her nephrologist lately, but supposedly she is in close contact with the other doctor.  Hopefully, they will be able to help the "good" kidney  Thanks for your prayers and concern.  

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---We got the leaf filter brand in their line. It looked a bit better constructed and it will be easier to remove should we have to. It's steel mesh  multi layer. We've had all types of gutter guards and screens on this house because of where we sit and all the trees. I do think this is our best hope so I hope it was $$ well spent. 

We had priced and looked at the leaf filter system a few years ago. We really liked them but not the price. These are competitive with them and decided to keep all the outside updates with one company. (I always worry if there's a problem they start finger pointing back and forth between the companies and that drives me crazy.

The other improvement with these is that you can pop out a section if it gets damamged by a tree branch, etc. so you don't have to replace the entire length. Fingers crossed.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---Sending prayers for Declan.

Congrats on the new riding mower. It's always exciting to get a new "toy" with function. We forget how old our vehicles are until the new one is in the garage. Have fun.

It sounds like you are having some fun with good food. So nice to be in the fresh air. 

I will keep my fingers crossed with the MRI's and hope they solve the pain mystery.  

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---I will keep Bev in my prayers. She's been thru so much.